What to do? Water ring on wood table.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, JG, here's the first thing to try. If you're a smoker or know someone who is, you need a quantity of cigarette ashes. Plenty. Made a thick paste of the ashes and water and put the paste on the ring. Let it sit for at least 12 hours, then wipe them off with a damp cloth. Follow that with a good rubbing of lemon oil, then a good paste wax.

If you don't have access to cigarette ashes, you can use a paste of baking soda.

It may take several applications to make the ring go away and, still, it might not be completely gone, but quite invisible.

This is the first thing that comes to my mind. When I go to the shop today, I'll check my resource books there and see if there's anything else I can suggest.

Good luck.

My mother made us rub the water rings with walnut meat from fresh nuts.
Worked like a charm.

Also worked well to remind me to use a coaster, LOLOL

I had the same thing happen to my table...at the time I was working in the music industry so I asked the polisher, he told me that the mark is actually moisture from the glass that seeps into the wood...so you need heat to bring it out. So I used a hot iron & and old cotten Tea towel...you may need to do it a few times though...hope that helps

My tried and true remedy is to take mayonnaise (not low fat but the whole fat stuff), rub it on the ring leaving it a bit thick, leave it alone for about 30 minutes and wipe off. It's never failed me!

My tried and true remedy is to take mayonnaise (not low fat but the whole fat stuff), rub it on the ring leaving it a bit thick, leave it alone for about 30 minutes and wipe off. It's never failed me!

Exactly what I was about to say, KE!

Back
Top Bottom