"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #61
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I have to laugh. I, too, did it without medical help, and felt like I was being that word that insults my female dogs. My husband simply said, "hey, when I was a kid my mom went through it. No one explained what the hel- was going on to me. You are doing just fine." To this day, he says I was easy compared to his mom. And for that matter, mine. One time I was wondering why my mother was acting so bizarre. Jer took me aside and asked me, didn't I know? My mother was going through menopause! Huh? Duh? Am I an idiot or what?
I was getting in my car and going to drive until I ran out of money...yes, run away. I made a doctor's appointment instead. I'm much better now and I don't cry at the opening of a Starbucks.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
I've joked that I didn't need to have PMS, DH had it for me! Am hoping there's a little place in heaven for those of us living with a temperamental man!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #63
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I've joked that I didn't need to have PMS, DH had it for me! Am hoping there's a little place in heaven for those of us living with a temperamental man!
How about for those of us who live with a man who wakes up cheerful????
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #64
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,022
After I had my last child, I became ill. Had to have surgery. They left one organ so that I was still producing hormones. Every month I got my pimple in the middle of my chin. Then the day came that I realized that I hadn't had my pimple for several months. That was my menopause.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

How about for those of us who live with a man who wakes up cheerful????
What? They make those? Website?
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #66
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What? They make those? Website?
I'll give you mine!!! At least until I've been vertical for two hours...then my brain wakes up and I can handle the chirping.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,022
Yup. They do, and I am one of them.

Good Morning, I am Cheery Mary,
And I am hear to say,
Wake up, wake up, wake up.
It's such a happy day!!

Now don't you just hate me? Little Miss Sunshine I am.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #68
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yup. They do, and I am one of them.

Good Morning, I am Cheery Mary,
And I am hear to say,
Wake up, wake up, wake up.
It's such a happy day!!

Now don't you just hate me? Little Miss Sunshine I am.
Grr, mmmummpf, mumble, blert...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #69
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 7,973
Aside from both loving food and liking to cook, hubby and I both usually wake up pretty cheerful. I don't mean Little Mary Sunshine, but not "I hate the world". Once I had a job working an afternoon shift. Once my boss forgot why I had the afternoon shift (he gave it to me!). He thought I worked afternoons from choice (huh?). He assumed I wasn't a morning person. Said something to me. I replied, "no, I actually AM a morning person .... I wake early and in a good mood. But why should I come in here and let you all ruin it for me?" He had the good humor to laugh. When I did work morning shifts, the clients and their animals would come in (I was working for a vet), and yell at me, be peeved at the universe. I really prefer to get all I have to get done in the mornings so I can putz for the rest of the day. Husband feels the same. So we're suited. Except when he wakes in a very, very cheerful mood and whistles. That can be irritating, but I've never complained. I mean he could be screaming and yelling, bitching and kvetching, and yes WHINING. Usually he saves that for later in the day and doesn't ruin my morning~ Guess this line has been somewhat hijacked!
__________________
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #70
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Aside from both loving food and liking to cook, hubby and I both usually wake up pretty cheerful. I don't mean Little Mary Sunshine, but not "I hate the world". Once I had a job working an afternoon shift. Once my boss forgot why I had the afternoon shift (he gave it to me!). He thought I worked afternoons from choice (huh?). He assumed I wasn't a morning person. Said something to me. I replied, "no, I actually AM a morning person .... I wake early and in a good mood. But why should I come in here and let you all ruin it for me?" He had the good humor to laugh. When I did work morning shifts, the clients and their animals would come in (I was working for a vet), and yell at me, be peeved at the universe. I really prefer to get all I have to get done in the mornings so I can putz for the rest of the day. Husband feels the same. So we're suited. Except when he wakes in a very, very cheerful mood and whistles. That can be irritating, but I've never complained. I mean he could be screaming and yelling, bitching and kvetching, and yes WHINING. Usually he saves that for later in the day and doesn't ruin my morning~ Guess this line has been somewhat hijacked!
Actually, I'm not in a bad mood when I get up in the morning, just not firing on all cylinders...my brain needs to wake up and I need to be able to think.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.