"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #61
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I have to laugh. I, too, did it without medical help, and felt like I was being that word that insults my female dogs. My husband simply said, "hey, when I was a kid my mom went through it. No one explained what the hel- was going on to me. You are doing just fine." To this day, he says I was easy compared to his mom. And for that matter, mine. One time I was wondering why my mother was acting so bizarre. Jer took me aside and asked me, didn't I know? My mother was going through menopause! Huh? Duh? Am I an idiot or what?
I was getting in my car and going to drive until I ran out of money...yes, run away. I made a doctor's appointment instead. I'm much better now and I don't cry at the opening of a Starbucks.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I've joked that I didn't need to have PMS, DH had it for me! Am hoping there's a little place in heaven for those of us living with a temperamental man!

Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #63
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I've joked that I didn't need to have PMS, DH had it for me! Am hoping there's a little place in heaven for those of us living with a temperamental man!
How about for those of us who live with a man who wakes up cheerful????
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #64
Chef Extraordinaire

After I had my last child, I became ill. Had to have surgery. They left one organ so that I was still producing hormones. Every month I got my pimple in the middle of my chin. Then the day came that I realized that I hadn't had my pimple for several months. That was my menopause.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

How about for those of us who live with a man who wakes up cheerful????
What? They make those? Website?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #66
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What? They make those? Website?
I'll give you mine!!! At least until I've been vertical for two hours...then my brain wakes up and I can handle the chirping.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

Yup. They do, and I am one of them.

Good Morning, I am Cheery Mary,
And I am hear to say,
Wake up, wake up, wake up.
It's such a happy day!!

Now don't you just hate me? Little Miss Sunshine I am.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #68
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yup. They do, and I am one of them.

Good Morning, I am Cheery Mary,
And I am hear to say,
Wake up, wake up, wake up.
It's such a happy day!!

Now don't you just hate me? Little Miss Sunshine I am.
Grr, mmmummpf, mumble, blert...
Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #69
Master Chef

Aside from both loving food and liking to cook, hubby and I both usually wake up pretty cheerful. I don't mean Little Mary Sunshine, but not "I hate the world". Once I had a job working an afternoon shift. Once my boss forgot why I had the afternoon shift (he gave it to me!). He thought I worked afternoons from choice (huh?). He assumed I wasn't a morning person. Said something to me. I replied, "no, I actually AM a morning person .... I wake early and in a good mood. But why should I come in here and let you all ruin it for me?" He had the good humor to laugh. When I did work morning shifts, the clients and their animals would come in (I was working for a vet), and yell at me, be peeved at the universe. I really prefer to get all I have to get done in the mornings so I can putz for the rest of the day. Husband feels the same. So we're suited. Except when he wakes in a very, very cheerful mood and whistles. That can be irritating, but I've never complained. I mean he could be screaming and yelling, bitching and kvetching, and yes WHINING. Usually he saves that for later in the day and doesn't ruin my morning~ Guess this line has been somewhat hijacked!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #70
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Aside from both loving food and liking to cook, hubby and I both usually wake up pretty cheerful. I don't mean Little Mary Sunshine, but not "I hate the world". Once I had a job working an afternoon shift. Once my boss forgot why I had the afternoon shift (he gave it to me!). He thought I worked afternoons from choice (huh?). He assumed I wasn't a morning person. Said something to me. I replied, "no, I actually AM a morning person .... I wake early and in a good mood. But why should I come in here and let you all ruin it for me?" He had the good humor to laugh. When I did work morning shifts, the clients and their animals would come in (I was working for a vet), and yell at me, be peeved at the universe. I really prefer to get all I have to get done in the mornings so I can putz for the rest of the day. Husband feels the same. So we're suited. Except when he wakes in a very, very cheerful mood and whistles. That can be irritating, but I've never complained. I mean he could be screaming and yelling, bitching and kvetching, and yes WHINING. Usually he saves that for later in the day and doesn't ruin my morning~ Guess this line has been somewhat hijacked!
Actually, I'm not in a bad mood when I get up in the morning, just not firing on all cylinders...my brain needs to wake up and I need to be able to think.