What to do with a whiny husband??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dear departed mother used to have a little phrase that she used. :angel:

Shut up and eat it!!!!!!!!!!!

It always worked for her and I am sure it will work for you!

I have to ask my partner if he likes something, he'll eat just about anything, even things he doesn't like. I have to ask him, because I don't want to keep making something that he doesn't like.

My mom made beets a couple times a week thinking that my dad liked them, dad didn't like them at all, but ate them anyway, until he just couldn't do it anymore and said something. Mom was grateful because she didn't like eating them either!

I have the advantage that his mother and his previous relationship are both terrible cooks.

If I had to deal with that, I would have likely lost my cool before now!

I'm not intimidated, I Am Frustrated! And I do cook what I like, I laid down the law a week or so ago and said "Look.......it is rude to complain when someone cooks for you. I don't like it. It hurts my feelings. So KNOCK IT OFF, period" It worked well until last night. The thought and planning that went into the meal I cooked {not to mention the arguing with the manager at the supermarket} just pushed me over the edge for a minute.
The bright side......DD helped me cook {twas her BD dinner} and ate every bite.:yum:

Many years ago, my stepfather, complained to my mother frequently about the food she made. Mama was a pretty good cook, and took pride in what she made. Dad just kept fussing.

I had gone over to visit, but had already eaten so when they sat down to dinner, and Dad started complaining, Mom smiled, said "You're absolutely right!" picked up the plates and scraped them into the trash and walked out of the room. Dad was stunned!! So was I!

Daddy never complained again. Ever.

Many years ago, my stepfather, complained to my mother frequently about the food she made. Mama was a pretty good cook, and took pride in what she made. Dad just kept fussing.

I had gone over to visit, but had already eaten so when they sat down to dinner, and Dad started complaining, Mom smiled, said "You're absolutely right!" picked up the plates and scraped them into the trash and walked out of the room. Dad was stunned!! So was I!

Daddy never complained again. Ever.

Oooh! I like! :)

Seriously Major WHINER!!!! No matter what I cook, method, style, protien, veg, starch. Honestly he is the reason I stopped cooking for 4+ years!

:furious:
:bash:
:boxing:
:nuke:

What would you do???
Women are not unknown to me, as a brit and therefore in touch with my feminine side i have ruminated over your prob for the last 10 mins.
Solution, kick him in the bolas.

I think Sherry's solution is the best of all. When I was a youngster, my Dad had a statement he made if any of us children complained about the food; "You've just finished your meal...Go to your room until the rest of us are done."

He meant it too. We had to get up, go to our room and stay there until the meal was finished and do without food until the next meal.

He served the plates and you were finished when your plate was empty, not before.

Polished Topaz, I would strongly suggest that you use Sherry's advice. As soon as he complains, pick up his plate and dump it into the trash. Tell him he just finished eating!

Then, don't serve him again. Fix your own plate and sit down and start eating. Unless he's an idiot, he'll get the point.

"Surprise" him with his favorite take-out and "adjust" the seasoning in his portion! Exlax is your friend. J/k:rolleyes: Cook something for yourself and leave him the exact same raw ingredients. Tell him he can cook them however it suits him because he obviously doesn't like your preparation.

Craig

I don't know what "trick" you're reffering to. ????

AHHHHH Grasshoppa....a squirt of about a 1/4 of the small bottle of visine in a drink, or food. And you will see your "target" run for the facilities ASAP! Picture a dog drinking salt water at the beach, and how fast it runs for the dunes. Same thing, saline, same results.:whistling

AHHHHH Grasshoppa....a squirt of about a 1/4 of the small bottle of visine in a drink, or food. And you will see your "target" run for the facilities ASAP! Picture a dog drinking salt water at the beach, and how fast it runs for the dunes. Same thing, saline, same results.:whistling

I've never heard of that one! Thanks for the explanation Master Po!

img_1100644_0_125c27916a50b8cdc94c72f5063b985b.jpg

Remember that movie with, ah, I never remeber names of actors/actreses, well, the two girls... Fried green tomatoes...

What I was trying to say is, becasue I did not like my dw cooking, it is I who cooks for the last 16 years. She doesn't complain. Awesome.

In all the truth I do not mind constructive criticism. If you do not like what I make you have to tell me what it is that you do not like so next time I won’t do the same thing. If you simply complain for the sake of complaining, that I cannot stand.

It's not your job to make him happy at all costs. You try and that's enough. If he doesn't like what you prepare, then he can either make his own or go without. He should appreciate your efforts...

Back
Top Bottom