What to do with a whiny husband??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to laugh. I, too, did it without medical help, and felt like I was being that word that insults my female dogs. My husband simply said, "hey, when I was a kid my mom went through it. No one explained what the hel- was going on to me. You are doing just fine." To this day, he says I was easy compared to his mom. And for that matter, mine. One time I was wondering why my mother was acting so bizarre. Jer took me aside and asked me, didn't I know? My mother was going through menopause! Huh? Duh? Am I an idiot or what?

I was getting in my car and going to drive until I ran out of money...yes, run away. I made a doctor's appointment instead. I'm much better now and I don't cry at the opening of a Starbucks.

I've joked that I didn't need to have PMS, DH had it for me! Am hoping there's a little place in heaven for those of us living with a temperamental man!

Last edited:
I've joked that I didn't need to have PMS, DH had it for me! Am hoping there's a little place in heaven for those of us living with a temperamental man!

How about for those of us who live with a man who wakes up cheerful????:rolleyes:

After I had my last child, I became ill. Had to have surgery. They left one organ so that I was still producing hormones. Every month I got my pimple in the middle of my chin. Then the day came that I realized that I hadn't had my pimple for several months. That was my menopause. :cool:

Yup. They do, and I am one of them.

Good Morning, I am Cheery Mary,
And I am hear to say,
Wake up, wake up, wake up.
It's such a happy day!!

Now don't you just hate me? Little Miss Sunshine I am. :):):)

Yup. They do, and I am one of them.

Good Morning, I am Cheery Mary,
And I am hear to say,
Wake up, wake up, wake up.
It's such a happy day!!

Now don't you just hate me? Little Miss Sunshine I am. :):):)

Grr, mmmummpf, mumble, blert...

Aside from both loving food and liking to cook, hubby and I both usually wake up pretty cheerful. I don't mean Little Mary Sunshine, but not "I hate the world". Once I had a job working an afternoon shift. Once my boss forgot why I had the afternoon shift (he gave it to me!). He thought I worked afternoons from choice (huh?). He assumed I wasn't a morning person. Said something to me. I replied, "no, I actually AM a morning person .... I wake early and in a good mood. But why should I come in here and let you all ruin it for me?" He had the good humor to laugh. When I did work morning shifts, the clients and their animals would come in (I was working for a vet), and yell at me, be peeved at the universe. I really prefer to get all I have to get done in the mornings so I can putz for the rest of the day. Husband feels the same. So we're suited. Except when he wakes in a very, very cheerful mood and whistles. That can be irritating, but I've never complained. I mean he could be screaming and yelling, bitching and kvetching, and yes WHINING. Usually he saves that for later in the day and doesn't ruin my morning~ Guess this line has been somewhat hijacked!

Aside from both loving food and liking to cook, hubby and I both usually wake up pretty cheerful. I don't mean Little Mary Sunshine, but not "I hate the world". Once I had a job working an afternoon shift. Once my boss forgot why I had the afternoon shift (he gave it to me!). He thought I worked afternoons from choice (huh?). He assumed I wasn't a morning person. Said something to me. I replied, "no, I actually AM a morning person .... I wake early and in a good mood. But why should I come in here and let you all ruin it for me?" He had the good humor to laugh. When I did work morning shifts, the clients and their animals would come in (I was working for a vet), and yell at me, be peeved at the universe. I really prefer to get all I have to get done in the mornings so I can putz for the rest of the day. Husband feels the same. So we're suited. Except when he wakes in a very, very cheerful mood and whistles. That can be irritating, but I've never complained. I mean he could be screaming and yelling, bitching and kvetching, and yes WHINING. Usually he saves that for later in the day and doesn't ruin my morning~ Guess this line has been somewhat hijacked!

Actually, I'm not in a bad mood when I get up in the morning, just not firing on all cylinders...my brain needs to wake up and I need to be able to think.

I showed Shrek a catalog with Goose Down Pillows, told him we really needed to get them, he just cracked up. He already knows about the Insurance policy, good thing he has a sense of humor...he must, he married me...:rolleyes:
I''m confused about how goose down pillows tie into a hubby who whines about what one cooks...or is it that Shrek is whining about the price of the pillows?

I''m confused about how goose down pillows tie into a hubby who whines about what one cooks...or is it that Shrek is whining about the price of the pillows?

Because I have a double indemnity clause in his life insurance, if he dies by asphyxiation with goose down during full moon, I am the beneficiary...it's a joke about how to take care of a whiny husband.:LOL:

PrincessFiona60 said:
How about for those of us who live with a man who wakes up cheerful????:rolleyes:

My partner always wakes up with a smile on his face, some mornings I just want to be grumpy for a while and can't deal with someone who's chipper. :LOL:

Because my nights and days are mixed up, I am jolted out of a sound sleep during the day by the door bell. It is very loud. By the time the person gets into the building and up to the second floor, I am wide awake. I never mention that they woke me up. It's not their fault. They have no way of knowoing that my days are screwed up. I just try to answer the door as friendly as I can be and with a smile. I am like that all the time. :)

Because I have a double indemnity clause in his life insurance, if he dies by asphyxiation with goose down during full moon, I am the beneficiary...it's a joke about how to take care of a whiny husband.:LOL:
So if he chokes on a piece of steak and you finish him off with a goose down pillow, you still collect??:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom