What TV shows are you currently watching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Just wondered what TV shows people are watching lately?

I'm addicted to Fringe. I watched the first 3 seasons in about 2 weeks, and I've caught up on season 4 and absolutely love it. Can't wait for the next episode!

So now whilst waiting for the next episode, I started watching Breaking Bad. I'm 5 episodes in and love this too! I get addicted to things too easily.

I may also start watching Dexter. I started watching it, but it didn't really hold my interest. But I might try it again.

So what is everyone watching?

Haha thanks :) I am not addicted to Breaking Bad. Love that show. Just got one more episode to watch. Then have to wait until next year for season 5 :( Not sure I'm going to be able to wait!

I hope no one holds this against me, but I love the soap opera called The Young and the Restless and have been watching it since I was 12.

Other than that, sometimes I'll watch classic, old reruns from the 50' and 60's, and I love The Waltons (from the 70's--tales of a mountain family).

I don't know if you get any of those shows in syndication over there.

Last edited:
i just got the news that one of my favorite new shows, prime suspect, starring maria bello, is being axed, after just 13 shows. somehow, i knew this would happen. most of my favorite shows have not stayed on the air for very long. the article i read about prime suspect stated that, while maria bello is an exceptional actress, the show was "unable to find its audience"--what? i'm right heeeere!....

Breaking Bad is such a great show! Me and my hubby were addicted as soon as we watched the first one. I am always on edge while watching it. Unfortunately Netflix doesn't have all the new episodes so we will have to wait until it comes out on DVD to finish the 3rd (?) season I think is what we were on.
Right now I am currently watching the Vampire Diaries. I know, lame! But I just finished all 130something episodes of 30 Rock and I had no idea what else to watch. My friend suggested it to me... And hey, I actually like it a lot!

Some of yall already know I'm a horror buff... so right now I'm watching "Walking Dead". I was trying to get into "An American Horror Story" but it's not really a horror and I lost interest really quick. And I think I've mentioned it once but I'm still into the housewives, especially since the new season of "The Atlanta Housewives".

Breaking Bad is such a great show! Me and my hubby were addicted as soon as we watched the first one. I am always on edge while watching it. Unfortunately Netflix doesn't have all the new episodes so we will have to wait until it comes out on DVD to finish the 3rd (?) season I think is what we were on.
Right now I am currently watching the Vampire Diaries. I know, lame! But I just finished all 130something episodes of 30 Rock and I had no idea what else to watch. My friend suggested it to me... And hey, I actually like it a lot!

Breaking Bad is awesome! I meant to say I was addicted to it in my previous post, but I but not addicted instead. :( I am 100%. Don't want to watch the last episode because then it will all be over until next year.

my family and i are avid viewers of "survivor" and "the amazing race". they're the only two shows that we either gather to watch together, or are sure to set the dvr to record so we can watch them the next morning (before school! :angel:).

the rest of the time we battle for control of the remote. i have to say that my boy has gotten me to like the cartoons "regular show", "adventure time", "avatar, the last airbender", and kid shows like "icarly" and "big time rush".

i watch "the simpsons" with him, but i have to explain away some of the more mature jokes. i just started watching "beavis and butthead" again, but there's no way i'm going to let the little guy watch that, or "family guy".

on my own, i watch "gordon ramsay's f word" and "start trek: the next generation" on bbc america every morning when i get home. i also record "whale wars" and "swamp people" when they are in a new season.

I like legal thrillers - The Good Wife and Harry's Law. I'm sticking with 2 1/2 Men, Mike & Molly, Bing Bang Theory and I get my news from Chelsea Lately.

From the new shows this year, so far only Two Broke Girls and Whitney have won my heart.

the amazing race used to be one of my very favorite shows. this season, when it comes on i watch it, but no longer identify with contestants like i did in the past. i have little empathy for the couples and their frequent mean-spirited bickering. they also often seem indifferent to where they are in the world, and at times, culturally insensitive.

this season my vote for the winning team goes to the surfer guys. they've got the right stuff to go all the way. they also possess the social skills that i have found to be so lacking in general in this season's teams.

watching tonight--still loving to "travel" around the world with the show....:)

Oh my. Love Amazing Race, and was it ever racy tonight! Delayed by football by an hour.

No way, no how would I dress up in a speedo and pose with weightlifters! Kudos to those with the courage!

Oh my. Love Amazing Race, and was it ever racy tonight! Delayed by football by an hour.

No way, no how would I dress up in a speedo and pose with weightlifters! Kudos to those with the courage!

oooboy, yeah, dawg. i was veritably cringing for some of the contestants in bathing wear--especially the older couple. the nauseating spinning rides while solving puzzles had me commiserating too....

vitauta said:
oooboy, yeah, dawg. i was veritably cringing for some of the contestants in bathing wear--especially the older couple. the nauseating spinning rides while solving puzzles had me commiserating too....

Cringing is the word, Vit. Now, I could do the Legoland ride. Just not in a speedo!

We had to wear them as uniforms when I taught swimming and lifeguarded in Canada. Not much left to the imagination.

Last edited:
I like legal thrillers - The Good Wife and Harry's Law. I'm sticking with 2 1/2 Men, Mike & Molly, Bing Bang Theory and I get my news from Chelsea Lately.

From the new shows this year, so far only Two Broke Girls and Whitney have won my heart.

i fell in love with chelsea the very first night i saw her show. love her caustic humor and her quick mind.

'

Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy
Homicide: Life on the Street
Beavis & Butt-head (the 2011 episodes)
The Walking Dead
True Blood
Game of Thrones

jusnikki I feel you on the American Horror Story. It was just an awful show. I'm a horror buff myself. At least I try...

Last edited:
love boardwalk empire, true blood, and game of thrones.

with boardwalk empire, i wonder how many people get all of the little irish references of the time: the black and tans, the failed uprising, having no stomach for "the troubles", going to confession with the real possibility of damnation, etc...

my dad was born during that period, and my grandfather- a decorated wwi vet, would have experienced a lot of what is seen in the show.

lol, it's not far from how i was raised.

Season 4 of True Blood was too all over the place. if they don't change it up for season 5 I may stop watching. The first three seasons were great.

Back
Top Bottom