What type of floor do you prefer in the Kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have porcelain tile and I like it. It's a bit on the natural looking side, so it does eat up mop heads, but other than that...

BC

They're great, Barbara! I love it - I've got it in most of my house (just not in the boys' rooms or the bathrooms) It's so easy to clean up and always looks beautiful. It's also great in this summer heat!!!
Only one problem - I have to sweep it every day thoroughly, thanks to a furry black doggie!

Just stick a handle on furry black doggie and use him or her for a mop to clean up all that hair. Then just shake him or her out in the back yard! lol

:) Barbara

Tried that - she didn't like it....hee hee!
Actually, she's terrified of the broom and attacks it when I sweep.

I do believe, though, that if I were to keep her fluffs of hair for a week, I could very well build a poodle.

LOL jkath! You could go into business! Poodles make good money!

:) Barbara

P.S. Well, since it is 4:00 a.m. I guess I'd better get to bed. I was working on 2 papers that were due by 2:00 a.m., and I just needed a little time to unwind. I can never sleep after working on a big paper. I guess the adreneline (or something) kicks in to get me all pumped up to do the paper, and then I am wide awake all night! It is 1:00 for you. You should get to bed too! (although 1:00 is pushing it for me--too early, especially when I'm on vacation)

I've loved the tile floors we've had in the past. Right now I have a 100+ year old stained pine floor. My plan is to strip it and polyeurethane it, because the maintenance is a bit much, and it is too dark for my taste. But I'd never replace it. THe home is 150 years old, and sometimes you tend to feel more like a caretaker for future years than simply an owner. If I had a newer home I'd go Pergo, everyone I know loves it. But good old tile (ceramic, quarry stone, etc) is great. The disadvantage of that is you MUST wear good shoes and have good cushioned rugs in front of your work spaces. It is very hard on your back to stand on tile for long periods of time.

At home we have wood in the kitchen and I love it.
In Greece we have a ceramic tile... I love it too. They are both good.

I have tile floors that I love.....my feet hate them. Would like to have something nice and cushy that when you drop a plate or glass, will bounce back up on the counter in same position it was in before it fell and in one piece. :)

Back
Top Bottom