What upcoming movies are you looking forward to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But it has a cast of thousands! All the king's horses and all the king's men.:)

pdswife said:
I think the new guy is toooo blond and not sexy enough. Bond has to be sexy. This guy just looks evil to me for some reason.

I'll have to stick with reading the Bond books. I need to let my imagination be filled with Sean Connery as James Bond. I grew up with him as 007 and I can't even think of anyone else playing the part...regardelss of age. Sean Connery still makes my heart go pitty-pat.:heart: He's played other parts and I still swoon. OOH! Swoon? And heart going "pitty-pat." I must be getting old or I'm living in "Gone With the Wind." Whatever. Sean Connery rocks for me as far as James Bond is concerned.:wub::-p Pierce Brosnan was a VERY close second. (Still a little sissy to me but better than anyone else.) No one else has come remotely close to Mr. Connery.:kiss::wacko:

Can ya tell I like Sean Connery?:-p

corazon90 said:
When is that coming out Wasabi? I feel soooo disappointed with the last one, I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Helena Bonham Carter is playing Bellatrix. That should be good!

It comes out July 13 2007. For some reason I thought it was coming out this November. I guess I'm easy to please. I love all the Harry potter movies.

I went and saw Flags of our Fathers last weekend and saw The Departed 2 weekends before. I also want to see Man of the Year and The Queen. A Good Year looks like it will be most excellent too.

You'd think that I'd go see more movies since I don't have to pay to see them. :ermm:

I just saw The Marine, I loved that. Phinz, how was Flags of Our Fathers? It looks like it will be a good one.

I cannot imagine how they could make a decent movie out of Running With Scissors.

The book is incredibly dark and crazy and hysterical but it all comes from Augusten's writing -- IMO movies made from books like this never capture the essense of the book and translate it to the screen. John Irving's books are like that.

Loved the book.

phinz, don't go see Man of the Year. Not very funny and I fell asleep about halfway through it. Wait for the DVD if you just have to.

Just finished reading Flags of Our Fathers and am looking forward to seeing how Clint filmed it. Book was fabulous.

Still want to see Little Miss Sunshine, but it only played in the art theaters (none near me out in Subdivisionland). Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD on that one.

Flags of our Fathers was intense, but it could have been better. At times I wanted to cry. Other times I wanted to scream. Stay for the credits. That's the most touching part of the entire movie. I don't regret taking a couple of hours out of my day to see it. I would even have been happy to have paid to see it. That's my usual measure of whether or not I liked a movie. I ask myself, "Are you glad you didn't pay to see it?" If the answer is "yes" then the movie was crap. ;)

jennyema said:
I cannot imagine how they could make a decent movie out of Running With Scissors.

The book is incredibly dark and crazy and hysterical but it all comes from Augusten's writing -- IMO movies made from books like this never capture the essense of the book and translate it to the screen. John Irving's books are like that.

Loved the book.
I think they'll probably take most of the dark stuff out and leave the comedy. Books made into movies are never as good as the book but we still go see them.

Speaking of that, another movie adaptation of a book I'd like to see is Eragon. Great book.

HAPPY FEET!!!

We have to wait a little longer though, it premieres in Italy in December.

have to amend my response to include the latest from Christopher Guest (Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind, etc.) called "For Your Consideration." It's coming out on my birthday next week. Many of the same brilliant ensemble actors he's used before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom