What utensil could you NOT do without?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefkathleen

Sous Chef
DH and I were talking about this yesterday as he was sharpening my knives. Of course I'd like to have all Wusthof knives,etc. but, I don't. I have knives from all over. Even have one a fellow chef bought me for $5.00 at a state fair. LOL It has it uses.
Also a veg peeler. I can remember mom using a paring knife cause she didn't have one. Makes things go faster.
Anyone else have a favorite "toy"?

My garlic press and food chopper. I can remember what life was like before I acquired those blessed luxuries! They have saved me so much time, and thus saved me from the headaches I would have had from kids whining at my feet for extended periods of time while I cooked dinner.

:wub: Big Red :wub: my extra large skillet with a lid that goes from cooktop to oven for glorious one-pot meals--love, love, love it

I remembered another one, I have an old cheap plastic spoon that I've used since I was 18 for making pasta sauce. How it's lasted this long through countless moves and my abuse I will never know. But I'd be lost without it! :rolleyes:

Cooksie? I just saw your sig. We've spent some time wandering around Central Market too. We plan on taking the MIL there when she comes for a visit in the fall. Have another friend that takes people from out of town there all the time. Funny to other people taking someone to a grocery to site see, but not to us! LOL:LOL:

Cooksie? I just saw your sig. We've spent some time wandering around Central Market too. We plan on taking the MIL there when she comes for a visit in the fall. Have another friend that takes people from out of town there all the time. Funny to other people taking someone to a grocery to site see, but not to us! LOL:LOL:

Love Central Mkt---I just have to be careful not to go wwwiiiillldddd in the seafood section.

I kid you not,I think the last time we were there we spent 2 hours. Maybe more. And way more $$ than we should have!!

Nothing's indispensable but my favs include:
BIG
SPOONS (one of which is from Fantes); large bayonet carving fork; a thin but stiff slicing knife; a thin, wide flat ground clam knife; and old cast iron.

I would have to say my food processor.....never been a knife person.......so many uses for my food processor like cole slaw, pesto, sliced potatoes, I make a garlic concoction for the goats' health...couldn't do it without the FP

Back
Top Bottom