"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #41
Sous Chef

expatgirl: Kids here get a free banana when grocery shopping and in some store, they get a fruit or raisins if they "help" the parent out while shopping with own cart.

I am going in to do something shopping tomorrow, I take a picture of the cereal section at my my favorite supermarket.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:09 AM   #42
Master Chef

in Lafayette, LA, they got a free weenie sausage.........my kids loved going to Veron's (a local Cajun meat store)

Old 09-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Tell us baout your favorite breakfast cereal, and why it was your favorite.
When I was a small child, whichever cereal had the most sugar and the best toy inside.

As an older child, right up until current time, I guess my favorite would be Grape-Nuts Flakes. Not Grape-Nuts, but Grape Nuts Flakes. Grape-Nuts are annoying. You pour on milk, take a spoonful, add more milk, take antoher spoonful, add more milk, and on and on, and the crunching will give you a headache. In fact, I am having Grape-Nuts Flakes for breakfast this very morning.

Grape Nuts Flakes are substantial, crunchy, and have a unique flavor that no other cold cereal has. Wheaties would be the runner up I guess. All the other cold cereals, with or without sugar, are like Krispy Kreme doughnuts; they have no substance. I can eat half a dozen Krispy Kremes and not get full and I can eat several bowls of Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Sugar Crisp, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, etc. and never get full.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:28 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Grits

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #45
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
..... I guess my favorite would be Grape-Nuts Flakes. Not Grape-Nuts, but Grape Nuts Flakes.

Grape-Nuts are annoying. You pour on milk, take a spoonful, add more milk, take antoher spoonful, add more milk, and on and on, and the crunching will give you a headache.....

Grape Nuts Flakes are substantial, crunchy, and have a unique flavor that no other cold cereal has. .... All the other cold cereals, ... they have no substance. .....
I too liked GNFlakes. My brother liked GN's. Love the way you explain it - it's perfectly true!
Even to the filling substance, other than Shredded Wheat, maybe that's why I liked them. When you finished your bowl you were good, you didn't look at the clock to see if you had time for another bowl.

Tags
breakfast, cereal, fast