What was your favorite gift this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The truth, 03.30 am on the 25th I passed a kiney stone that had been giving me gip. I was so relieved and awake I went out and made a snowman in the garden.

The best I got was the Wii. My sone connected my netflix to it and now I can stream movies and shows to my tv instead of the computer. I downloaded a few games too. Yesterday was the first day I didn't turn it on since Christmas!

I received several things that I really liked, but I suppose the one that most pleasantly surprised me was a tea chest with lots of different teas. The chest is beautiful - like a miniature piece of furniture and looks really well sitting on the china cabinet. Our daughter does lots of planning on her list so many times her gifts are quite unexpected.

My grown niece with whom I've been very close, especially since the death of her alcoholic mother, gave me a "Mom" mug from the school where she is earning her PhD. Made me cry. I love her so much and really feel like the Mom she never had. I don't have children of my own (by choice), so this was especially meaningful. I've had the honor of becoming "Mom" to all four of my nieces.

Mystery Present

28716-albums283-picture2466.jpg

I received a new kitchen table! It's kind of got a European cafe feel to it - steel rod iron.

The best I got was the Wii. My sone connected my netflix to it and now I can stream movies and shows to my tv instead of the computer. I downloaded a few games too. Yesterday was the first day I didn't turn it on since Christmas!

santa brought us a wii, and we haven't watched a tv show since. i got my son the rapala fishing game and he's addicted. if he's not fishing, he's boxing or bowling.

princess fee, your new ceramics are beautiful. :clap:

Thanks, BuckyTom. We decided we are going to use them, not just dust them off every once in a while.

The best gift I got this year was the present I got for my wife. We moved into a new home this year and she has been wanting pictures of the family to hang on the walls. I was not happy with the pictures I had taken and always put it off. I took some this fall and still told her they were not good enough for me. After a little B&W work in photoshop I found some cool frames. Her reaction was THE BEST present EVER!

5319378736_1f953a3ce3_z.jpg

5319379040_bae4fd8f29_z.jpg

5318779339_0ec28bd1f0_z.jpg

She LOVED them!

I actually prefer to wait until all of the other presents are open to open my gifts. That way I have the luxury of watching everyone else open theirs. There is nothing like watching someone realize that they just recieved their hearts desire (even when they didn't know that is what they wanted) and seeing the joy spread over their faces. I love getting presents but it's only so often that you get to watch something like that.

I don't know whether to start a new line or just morph this one. What is your favorite all-time gift. Don't tell me about your baby or your husband, i love them all, but what material present has stood the test of time?

I right now am wearing a robe I asked my mother for several years ago. I think it's LL Bean, what I think of as a floor length sweatshirt. I asked her for a robe that I didn't need to tie around the waist when we first moved to northern climes. I wanted something loose and warm. It is one gift that keeps on giving. I don't know what I'll do when it wears out!

I have to morph back to the original topic because I wasn't around when it was asked. But I think my answer covers both.

The best Christmas present I got this year was having Dad with us to celebrate. With the rough summer of him in the hospital 4 out of 5 months and us not knowing one day to the next if he would make it, my sister, DH and I were all overcome by the joy just to have him there. And it wasn't lost on him either. He actually had some tears at one point.....but of course we wouldn't tarnish his reputation by pointing that out LOL!!!

There is a tie for a close second with the dining table and chairs we picked out with money from Dad. They don't arrive until March 9 and I can't wait. I have always wanted a nice dining set and we are thrilled at the deal we got on this. The other item is the 10" netbook computer I got with money from Christmas baking orders. I gave DH a mobile internet stick and funny enough he got me one too (from the same sales rep no less - boy is she good!). I can have my recipes right in the kitchen with me without making a million copies of each one and I can go anywhere and take you all with me. It fits in my shoulder bag I use as a purse/carry-all as it keeps my hands free with my cane.

But nothing tops having Dad here.

Back
Top Bottom