What was your favorite gift this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
... and I don't mean peace on earth, good will to men, or your latest child of grand, or ...

It can be corny.

Although we've pretty much given up on gifts between the two of us, my mom asked me if I wanted another pair of flannel lined jeans.

My husband loved the "worlds' softest socks".

We don't give material gifts to each other anymore; we're thinking of a summer trip to starved rock for a couple of days.

I haven't gotten mine yet...but it's going to be a toss up between the Kindle and the new dishes, which should be here Tuesday!

luvs, i hope you meant a piece of religious jewelry, and a computer... :huh:

i haven't had time to open most of my gifts, but so far i love my droid x (cell phone).

the new crock pot, ceramic knife, and briefcase are still under the tree.

Oh, I didn't mention. A friend of a friend comes to visit her mother and always buys me a can of pate from France (where she lives). Oh,I'm dying for the day when we get a loaf of bread, hubby and I turn off the world, but a lot on the fire, and spend the day eating pate, la brea bread, some cheese, and maybe a bottle of bubbly. Yumm

luvs, i hope you meant a piece of religious jewelry, and a computer... :huh:

i haven't had time to open most of my gifts, but so far i love my droid x (cell phone).

the new crock pot, ceramic knife, and briefcase are still under the tree.

yepper, bucky :)

The best gift I got this year was the present I got for my wife. We moved into a new home this year and she has been wanting pictures of the family to hang on the walls. I was not happy with the pictures I had taken and always put it off. I took some this fall and still told her they were not good enough for me. After a little B&W work in photoshop I found some cool frames. Her reaction was THE BEST present EVER!

5319378736_1f953a3ce3_z.jpg

5319379040_bae4fd8f29_z.jpg

5318779339_0ec28bd1f0_z.jpg

She LOVED them!

WOW, I can't think of a better example that the giving is the best gift of all. I think when those gorgeous kids of yours are grown (in the blink of an eye), she will recall the thoughtfulness of their Dad this Christmas. Talk about priceless!!!
You sure dun good fella!!:winkiss:

Aside from giving to your loved ones as the best gift I usually go out and buy something for myself that I secretly wish for during the holidays, at the same time take advantage of the big holiday savings.

i love my office chair for the computer. now if i can just get someone to put the danged thing together. my usual chief putter togethera has the stomach flu. hate to pay handyman but if she doesn't get better soon, will have to. getting antsy to sit in it. lol

i love my office chair for the computer. now if i can just get someone to put the danged thing together. my usual chief putter togethera has the stomach flu. hate to pay handyman but if she doesn't get better soon, will have to. getting antsy to sit in it. lol

They are really simple. Why don't you do it? I did mine with only a screwdriver. It's a little awkward, but I'm stubborn.:LOL:

They are really simple. Why don't you do it? I did mine with only a screwdriver. It's a little awkward, but I'm stubborn.:LOL:

me? you must be high!! lol my son is coming by tomorrow to put it together. i don't have to and i get the bonus of seeing my son. maybe i am not stubborn enough. ha ha. now there is a misstatement. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

me? you must be high!! lol my son is coming by tomorrow to put it together. i don't have to and i get the bonus of seeing my son. maybe i am not stubborn enough. ha ha. now there is a misstatement. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Good excuse.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom