What will Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the series of 10 swimmin lessons I wanted. A bottle of crown royal & some perfume. I really wanted the lessons.

I must've been a very good girl because Mr. Claus, AKA my loving husband, gave me a fantastic 14-cup Cuisinart food processor. I've been chopping and slicing anything that sits still. I love how it works and the multiple work bowls is a brilliant idea. This appliance replaces the one I bought originally in the late '70s that has been limping along valiantly the last year. I only hope the new one lasts as long as "old reliable." Yeah, I will have to use it to prepare two aspects of tonight's meal.

One of the children, no one's fessed up yet, gave us a super Beach Boys CD. I think we've already played it 3 times.

Must be an electric Christmas because we also received a new electric blanket. And, again like the old Cuisinart, the blanket we've been using has been limping along. Not dead yet, but close. I think we'll be glad we have it if the huge snowstorm that's predicted tonight materializes.

Right now we're just relaxing and enjoying the calm and quiet of being together.

I love the sound of the Beach Boys.

I just read a report this past week that a lot of winter house fires are caused by old electric blankets. The wires inside the blanket get worn out. They advised if you are replacing an old one with a new one, that you should cut off the plug on the old one so it will no longer be useable. :angel:

this is a little late, but santa got me some clothes and a microwaveable hunter's/fisherman's hot seat.

my only cooking related gift, which i can't wait to use, is a pair of bear claws. the kind that you use for lifting roasts, or shredding pork. they're really neat.

this is a little late, but santa got me some clothes and a microwaveable hunter's/fisherman's hot seat.

my only cooking related gift, which i can't wait to use, is a pair of bear claws. the kind that you use for lifting roasts, or shredding pork. they're really neat.

I'm so glad you got the bear claws. They are such a wonderful addition to a well dressed kitchen. I have had mine for about 25 years, and they get used often. They even work well for pulling pork. Congrats!:chef:

So the comments about a tablet not suitable for work with spreadsheets, word processing, etc, are spot on. I have a laptop that docks into larger screens (two screens at work, love the extended desktop) and keyboards at work and at home. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fallentreegames.quell&hl=en
I can't live without two screens. My laptop docks as well and I use two screens PLUS I have two screens on my box and have the two computers networked, so my extended screen goes across 4 screens--I can drag and drop from my stand-alone box to my laptop and vice versa. I don't know how I survived with just one screen for so long. Once you go multiple screens, it is really, really hard to go back. This is why my laptop away from my desk gets used only for email, surfing the web, nothing "work" related.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom