What will you be doing with your (US) economic stimulus check?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a side note, they are sending the checks based on the last two digits of your social security number. The lower the number the sooner you get your payment.
Yep. Direct deposit rebates will go in by May 2nd. Mailed ones will be sent as follows:

00-09: May 9
10-18: May 23
19-25: May 30
26-38: June 6
39-51: June 13
52-63: June 20
64-75: June 27
76-87: July 4
88-99: July 11

:)Barbara

I'm glad ours will be done by direct deposit. I don't want to wait until July 11 for it to be mailed.

How can you find out how much you're slotted to get? Of course $50 would be a help. I'll take anything I can get. I know that the gas and utilities are really taking their share of my paychecks, not to mention the higher prices of food.

I need a fuel-efficent, but sporty motorcycle. That's all there is to it, and maybe I can get it with spike-studded tires for use on wintery roads.:LOL: Of course, I would then probably be using so much natural gas from my furnace to heat back up that I'd spend the saving on gasolene fighting off frostbite!:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Does paying bills count as "stimulating the economy"? After paying my car insurance, and getting caught up on bills, I'd like to buy some fishing gear, like a new rod-n-reel for some medium-action catfish, tackle, etc. I'd really like to buy a HDTV. It's going to depend on how much I get back for myself, and the three kids I claim on my taxes.

I read that it is basically $600 per person ($1200 per couple filing jointly) and $300 per dependent.

IMPORTANT: If you are retired and don't file taxes, you still get this. You just have to sign up. My aunt almost missed out on it but fortunately someone let her know. You should have gotten a letter about it, but you know how some of those letters just look like junk!

Well, probably not what the IRS wants me to do with it!!!! Had a streak of unfortunate events... roof damage, AC went out, termites, need to replenish my stash!

We're going to do some stocking up on canned goods and meat for the freezer because the price of food is rising faster than any amount of interest we would get in a savings account.

We're going to do some stocking up on canned goods and meat for the freezer because the price of food is rising faster than any amount of interest we would get in a savings account.
I here ya. I paid $201 on groceries yesterday on same stuff I used to buy for $130. I was shocked! No eating out for us for a while.

my wife informed me that it's not goibg for bills. we're going on vacation.

so far, the options are north carolina or florida.

with gas prices the way they are, that would be before we got to philly...

i want to fly to florida, stay on sanibel island. dw wants to drive to the beaches of north carolina.

with gas prices the way they are, that would be before we got to philly...

i want to fly to florida, stay on sanibel island. dw wants to drive to the beaches of north carolina.

Take her to the beaches, leaver her in the salon, or on the blanket, and do some surf fishing.:mrgreen:

Or see if you can find any of those famous East Coast razor clams on the beach, or catch some crayfish. Buy a coupld of kites and attach blades to the corners of your kite and see if you can cut her kite string:ROFLMAO:.

Ok. I'll be good now. Take her and your younguns to the beach, play in the surf (safely), and show them and yourself the time of your lives. Take your portable grill and get some hot dogs, or brats, some corn on the cob, etc. Have fun in the simplicity of just spending time with the most important people in your life. And Daddy, remember, don't throw the little one too high into the air before the big spaloosh, and make sure the water is at the right depth. Keep an eye out for rip tides, and should you find yourself in one, swim parallel to the beach to get out of it.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy the time. All to soon, it will be over and you'll have to go back to work.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom