What will you be doing with your (US) economic stimulus check?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
Will you stimulate the economy or save it or both? We'll be saving half and using the other half to put new tile in our downstairs bathroom. Of course, our check will be mailed and we're at the end of the list, so we won't get ours until July & some of our friends make too much and don't even qualify (must be nice). How about you?

Last edited:
I can't remember what we decided to do with it, except we're saving part of it. :huh: The rest will probably go in the vacation fund - we're hoping to do a big trip to Europe next year for our 25th anniversary. Visit former exchange students in Germany (one will be graduating from high school), then go to Italy, maybe.

You got that right, June - pandering is more like it. I heard a suggestion on the radio that the gov't should have used it to build/repair infrastructure. That would stimulate the construction economy *and* get something useful done.

Let's see with the 46 dollars that the government is so kindly giving us... Maybe a trip to Subway for a sandwich and we might even spring for chips. SIGH!!!!

I'm going to buy 4 Toilet seats, and 6 Claw Hammers at the local hardware!!

The way I've got it figured...I owe $3420 in Federal Taxes, and since NASA pays $600 for a toilet seat ($600 x 4 = $2400 right??) Then The Pentagon (Department of Defense) pays $175.50 for a hammer. ($175.50 x 6 = $1029 right?) So $2400 + $1029 = the $3420 I owe...That should square things up with Uncle Sam for this year!!! ....What I have left should buy a few porterhouse steaks!!! Yummy!!;) I'm excited!!!!

I have to do some remodeling in our rental house. So the renters will have a nice tile floor and fresh paint, and I wont get to enjoy any of it. :(

Having just written the federal govt, state govt and local govt a check on April 15th, I will be using the 600 bucks to stimulate my own economy. It will be going into my checking account to help (barely) bolster back up what the govt said they needed.

We will either be buying a couple of bicycles and child seats for the bikes so we can take family bike rides or we will be getting a new mattress. We have not decided if exercise or comfort has won out yet.

Don't have a clue how much i will get. but all of it will go to salvaging our personal finances. We already spent the money on our daughter's wedding. We've been stimulating the economy for over six months now.:LOL: Why do you think the U.S. ecomonmy hasn't collapsed completely yet. Yep, it was my paychecks that did it.;) Why, I oughtta get a medal.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Well, the state is scheduled to suck $501 out of our bank account (which is currently below zero) Wednesday, so hopefully it will be deposited by then. The direct deposit ones are supposed to go in from today through Friday. If they do them by the last number of your SS#, as they are doing with the mailed checks, ours may not go in until Friday. :( As far as the rest of the money, we are low on gas and food, so some of it will go to those. Some of it is going to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
we are low on gas and food, so some of it will go to those. Some of it is going to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant!

:)Barbara

Gee, never saw "gas, food and Mexican restaurant" in the same sentence before... :rolleyes:
;)

As a side note, they are sending the checks based on the last two digits of your social security number. The lower the number the sooner you get your payment.

Back
Top Bottom