What will you do for New Year's Eve? Any Resolutions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be in the kitchen. I'm doing a special menu that night. The last sitting is at 9, so I should be home by midnight!
Sorry you have to work on New Year's Eve but hopefully, you can bring a "special" home and ring in the new year right! Nothing like eating a fabulous meal with a glorious glass of bubbly. (OK, OK, Tattratt's cruise would be better but have a Happy New Year anyway!):)

Remember a few years back the "Practice Random Acts Of Caring and Kindness" concept? I have always had a blast with this because it allows you to be really creative in thinking up lovely little acts that surprise and delight the recipient. Sometimes, it's the only nice thing that has happened to that person in a long time. Anyway, it's lots of fun and my kids have always gotten a kick out of thinking up things.

i knew it. i knew there was something deep, something special about you.
i mean, we're friends on a superficial internet level, but i sorta sensed there was a certain sense of life within you, or should i say coming from you.

by doing those acts of kindness towards others, you're reconnecting the individual life energies that together make up god, or the yang, or a mitzvah, or good karma, or a miracle, or what have you.

ok, sorry, just had to get that out before it was lost from my mind.

i mean it though. :)

f-mom, i hope this year abounds with the love and energy that you give us, to steal a line from vickiq.

hey, where's thayt suffern succotash been, anyway?

No resolutions... they are pointless for me, if I really mean it, I will do it no matter what time of year it is. I will be at home, safe and sound for the most part and will enjoy a tiny bit of Nectar Imperial to toast the new year.

Good new year to all here on DC... my heart only desires that this year is prosperous and blessed for you!

I'll be in the kitchen. I'm doing a special menu that night. The last sitting is at 9, so I should be home by midnight!

Michael???????????????
Good to see you here!!

You poor thing you! I remember those days (even if they were only for 2 years)
I'm not much better off, even if it's not food related.
Should go to the theatre tomorrow evening to check on the ppl who are doing a rock and roll tribute concert (it IS a lot of fun!) from the 50's and 60's, but I REFUSED!! Darn it!
I need a day off!!!!
So do you by the way....?
Oh, back to the subject, no resolutions for me, they don't make sense.
If I don't do something during a year, why would I do it in the new one?
:)

I'm spending tonight with friends. Given a choice, it would be an early night, with DH and I in bed at midnight. But I think that our friends want to ring in the new year. I wish I was one of those people who can sleep at will. I'd sleep all day so that I'd be ready to party at 8, when this party is to start. Luckily my husband talked me into doing, yet again, my artichoke dip. It is what everyone loves. To me it is boring, but what the heck. It makes everyone happy, and is a no-brainer. It isone of thos dishes where I'm constantly getting recipe requests for ... to include the sister who gave me the original recipe! The fact is that I throw all the ingredients in a food processor and bake it. Don't measure. DH wants me to make it for every party. I guess I'm becoming a one-trick pony.

by doing those acts of kindness towards others, you're reconnecting the individual life energies that together make up god, or the yang, or a mitzvah, or good karma, or a miracle, or what have you.
You must of racked up some serious karma for this because that's one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me. Thanks bt, you've made my whole year. My resolution is to pass it on, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom