What would you be if you had your druthers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
If you could be anything other than your current or present profession, what career would you be in?

I'll wait for answers, see how loony they are, maybe then, I'll answer.:huh:

i am thinking about a small cafe owner. super customer friendly. arm chairs in the waiting area, fire place and current magazines to look through . the food would be good homestyle things and comfy desserts. and customer service above and beyond.

Hind sight being 20/20, I should have been a teacher. I would already be retired for 5 years and could spend more time with the non-profit groups I work with.

Other than that, I would just be happy with the wisdom of Solomon.

:) A cultural anthropologist which is a study of different cultures around the the world not necessarily digging in the the dirt for bones and things;)

That is easy Lefse.... current position is in Information Technology (IT). I owe this company so much for taking a chance on a punk kid at 19. They have taught me everything I know about computers.

Now to answer your question... I would be in wild life rehabilitation / rescue. I guess the beauty of it all is that it is never to late to persue your dreams!!!

I'm pretty much with babe.... a cheers type place where everyone chooses to spend all thier extra time...
The bagel store I work at is pretty much like that..... I think thats why I love working there...
But I dont think I'd want to own it right now.

Well I am a currently unemployed elementary teacher and would love to do that again. I also would really love to do online research. I am also working on a book but am nowhere near being finished. I would love to be a published writer. I have also thought it would be neat to have a little diner, as babe and suzi mentioned.

My fantasy job? Do you think someone would be willing to pay me to hang out at DC all day? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: So far this isn't paying too well! Except, of course, in friendship!

:)Barbara

Hind sight being 20/20, I should have been a teacher. I would already be retired for 5 years and could spend more time with the non-profit groups I work with.Other than that, I would just be happy with the wisdom of Solomon.
Song of Solomon comes to mind with that.

I think I should have entitled this, what should you have been.........
in your estimation of all you know now, what have you always desired to be and know you would have been fabulous at it........

Hmm, let me see. On one hand, I would love to have started my culinary career earlier in my life so I really could have made a difference (concerning special diets). On the other hand, I wouldn't want to give up my years in web design/development because technology is so fascinating.

So, maybe I should have done the cooking career first when my legs were strong and could handle it and then taken my web courses as it is getting really wild now....and I can do it sitting down LOL!!!

If I had to do it all over again first I would learn all I could about making sausage and cured meat then I would go into the sausage business with a first class bakery in store doing artisanal breads. Where I live now there is a big demand for just such a operation

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom