What would you cook for Kadesma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i was thinking that many of us here would be more than happy to take care of one of our own, as if it were your mom, or grandma, or even an adopted aunt. what would you be happy to cook for your loved ones?

as kads has asked we "eat for her", what's your best recipe that you can share?

would you bake her muffins? or make chicken soup?
would you fry her some eggs, fresh from the coop?

could you catch a catfish, and fry it right away?
or would you just order take-out; the catch of the day?

to roast a beast could be quite a feast,
or coq au vin would be succulent, at least.

maybe some scones, with honey and tea,
or a cuppa espresso, balanced carefully on your knee.

i'd gather with you all, to cook up that storm. we'd dress in our best, and act in polite form.

really - it doesn't matter, whatever your style,
because we all know and love kadesma, all the while.

god bless kads. :)

Last edited:
Hey BT, that was pretty good. Apropos to your rhyme, I'll answer the same way.

Whether cooking at work, or cooking from home,
I would make her something, topped with a foam.

Or maybe a gelee, or even beet caviar,
I'd want to cook her something that she could only get from afar.

It may not be The French Laundry, The Fat Duck, or el Bulli,
But you can bet that duck, chicken, or fish might be sous vide.

I'd roll out my guns and put all my tricks to the test,
Because foie gras, Kobe beef, and bluefin tuna is the best.

Maybe a surf and turf, with the foie which will top it,
And a horseradish foam, with sunchoke puree which will sop it.

And a rich red wine demi, and a melted leek fondue,
And sauteed morel mushrooms, with a splash of 8 Brix Verjus.

So I guess maybe that's what I would make, if given the chance,
But who knows, I also like to cook by the seat of my pants.

Last edited:
Oh, great thread Bucky!!

I think I will go for a creamy smooth risotto with radicchio di Treviso, gorgonzola and speck, and some comforting Kaiserschmarren (Tirolian sweet omelette ), with some Lambrusco di Modena. A glass of good red wine will always do you good!!;)

Or would you like a hearty servings of Tiramisu Piemontese along with a pipin hot cuppa???

Well actually anything you wish CJ, we will be happy to get busy with anything you are hungry for!!:) (And hey, Cade, would you like to come over and give me a hand to cook up Ma's din din???:cool:)

I don't know what her favorite comfort food is, but mine is meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy, alongside roasted green beans, with freshly baked rolls. We don't eat dessert much, but for her, I'd make a warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.

That's an easy one! Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls! Either Mom or Grandma always made that when we were "on the mend." It's so good, and soothing!

Beef Stroganoff with fresh dill served with warm crusty garlic bread and a small garden salad with a zesty vinegarett!!!

All these things sound wonderful, Kadesma, if you need help eating all this, just holler at me! God Bless you dear!

There is no way to top BT and IC here - that was GREAT!

OK, I’ll cook
She shan’t lift a finger
Off to the kitchen
I won’t sit here and linger

We’re cooking for kadesma
That makes my heart sing
I’ll bake her a cake
Decorated with bling

...........brined and smoked lemon/thyme chicken, wild mushroom bread pudding, roasted Brussels sprouts drizzled with a reduced balsamic, espresso brulee.

It's not the feast she usually presents
she's one of a kind when it comes to dining
throws down a spread like no one could
This is hard on my brain, I'm no good at rhyming.

Cooking from the heart
That's what I know
I hope kades will be pleased
It will be edible art

Kadesma huh? Well I think I'd start with a nice pork tenderloin and rub it with some cracked pepper, garlic and salt. Roast it, and make her some lovely potatoes in the oven and some gravy to go with. I think I'd also do some of those onions to go with. And lets see, what can you not have Kadesma? Something you'd really like but are not allowed? Um.....rhubarb pie?

I'd cook a nice hearty vegetable soup with some chicken stock and some aromatic rice to go along with it as I imagine you can't have too much protein and starchy foods. My daddy is going through the same thing so we make sure he gets the right foods.

:)Whether fancy or simple Ill make sure its good
I will only make Kadesma her most favorite food.
I will tend to her family and do all her chores
and let nothing but good things come thru her doors
I will do everything I can so she can rest
Because our dear Kadesma deserves only the best
When she gets better my job will be done
Then she and her babies can get back to their fun :)

Last edited:
I don't feel like anything I cookor would be worthy of CJ but, I think I would start a new day to healing with huge warm cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing and steaming cups of - well- coffee or her hot drink of choice.Love and energy, Vicki

(((Bucky))) I tried to leave you karma for this wonderful thread you started and for those belated birthday wishes again but, I couldn't.So here's sending you positive karma and love and energy for it all.Vicki

I would make her anything her heart desired...

My thoughts exactly - anything Kadesma's heart desires - & for everything else - there's mastercard lol. For now, how about a big bottle of champagne?! ;)

Back
Top Bottom