"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

What would you do if you got to meet Chef Boyardee?

You have 30 minutes with Chef Boyardee...what questions do you ask him? Do you kick him in the stomach? Do you play chess? Discuss here!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16 NIV
Iamadoorknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hi Doorknob...

let's see... first I'd thank him for making so many things that my son could fix for himself when I wasn't there to cook dinner. Then I'd ask him why all his foods taste pretty much the same. My son sure loved it all when he was a kid but... I could never eat any of it. ICK!!!!! I think that he'd prbly not want to talk toooo much after that.

What would you talk to him about?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
Master Chef

I'd tell him to use more wholesome ingredients (especially whole-wheat pasta nopodles) and keep the kid freindly flavor. I'd also ask him to use more variety, that is, change up the herbs & spices, make something without the added cheese-product, add veggies, etc. Other than that, the pre-cooked pasta meals are useful to those just learning to cook. They should be nutritionally sound though.

Seeeeey; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

I'd tie him to a chair and force him to eat some of his stuff.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Chef Boyardee.... Who he?
Old 01-09-2006, 03:55 AM   #6
Executive Chef

I'd scream at him like a real Italian Chef would until he could actually make real Italian food.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:17 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

before you go assinating the guy, go check your facts people!!!

chef boy-ar-dee was a real italian born chef, named hector boiardi, who began working in kitchens at the age of 11, and at 17 moved to NYC to work at the plaza hotel. After working in various upscale restaurants in ny, including the ritz-carleton, and then the greenbriar in west virginia, (where he catered president woodrow wilson's wedding) he had made a name for himself and his culinary talents. Eventually he opened his own restaurant, and began selling his very popular homemade sauces in milk bottles to regular customers. this led to a seperate business of jarring sauces, then selling them with dried pasta and packets of cheese to go with it.
eventually, he americanized his name, boiardi to boy-ar-dee, and merged his business with a huge conglomerate.
he is credited with almost single handedly popularizing italian cuisine in america.

so, if i were to meet him, i'd shake his hand, and try to get his recipes for his sauces.

you people need to watch the history channel more often.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:19 AM   #8
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
before you go assinating the guy, go check your facts people!!!

chef boy-ar-dee was a real italian born chef, named hector boiardi, who began working in kitchens at the age of 11, and at 17 moved to NYC to work at the plaza hotel. After working in various upscale restaurants in ny, including the ritz-carleton, and then the greenbriar in west virginia, (where he catered president woodrow wilson's wedding) he had made a name for himself and his culinary talents. Eventually he opened his own restaurant, and began selling his very popular homemade sauces in milk bottles to regular customers. this led to a seperate business of jarring sauces, then selling them with dried pasta and packets of cheese to go with it.
eventually, he americanized his name, boiardi to boy-ar-dee, and merged his business with a huge conglomerate.
he is credited with almost single handedly popularizing italian cuisine in america.

so, if i were to meet him, i'd shake his hand, and try to get his recipes for his sauces.

you people need to watch the history channel more often.
Wow. I can use that as my next biography essay...thanks!
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16 NIV
Iamadoorknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Thanks for the information, BT. Never heard of him or his products before!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #10
Head Chef

I wouldn't have much to say to the fellow, myself. I can't stand the smell of Chef Boyardee stuff. I used to make my son eat when I wasn't home. haha

Z