What would you do with 100 million dollars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liya98

Assistant Cook
I would by a brand new 18-wheeler truck for my dad, two brand new cars for my family, A brand new cello and case for myself, a fender guitar for my sister,the newest iPhone for me and some land with a huge custom built house & animals on it. The rest I would save(If there's any left :)

Hide first. Take a vacation and decide what to do with all that money. I know some of it would go to family and friends, and likely a few large bequests to charity. Travel would feature prominently.

I am always on the boring end of these things. I dream big, but I live in the real world and I want my kids to do the same. Things mean more when you earn them than when they are handed to you, so I don't like giving too many hand outs.

Buy this forum and get rid of the video ads.

:ROFLMAO:

Really, the question should be what wouldn't I do? ;)

My goodness! That is such a loaded question. I think I'd build myself a house on a large lot of land. I'd get new cars for my immediate family (me,DH and both kids). I'd want to do something with the rest to allow me to travel and live without financial worries and I'd like to find a way to help others. Perhaps buy a new plane for MAF, or set up a scholarship fund of some sort. But since it's not likely I'd ever have the opportunity to do any of this, I need to learn to be happy with what I've got which in the grand scheme of things and by world standards, is quite a bit.

I would pay off my student loans and house, but aside money for my kids college/wedding, take DH's family over to England to see their family and then take us all on a big family vacation, bank the rest and live off the interest (and hopefully be able to quit my job and be a SAHM).

i would buy each of my kids, grandkids and myself nice houses. new cars all round. scholarships for my great grandchildren. i would for sure have someone to clean my house. the rest for me to live on til i die and then leave the rest to kids, etc.

I'd consult with a good attorney and a good accountant. I'd build a house on one of my parents' spare lots and hire a housekeeper (hopefully my cousin) for my parents. Buy their remaining property and house from them, give them life tenancy, and figure out how to set up a trust so that my mom could go into a home if need be. And, I'd pay the tuition for a friend's daughter to go to vet school.

Then, I'd donate money to charity, and keep doing what I do for a living because I like what I do. And, I'd play "Secret Santa" and give money to people who are facing really difficult times. My DH would have a lot of other ideas, but if it were MY money...I'd probably buy him a new truck just to shut him up. And, I'd probably buy a place on Lake of the Woods and go work there from May until September. That would be for me. LoW is my familiar.

Last edited:
Oh, this is how I lull myself to sleep some nights--what would I do if I won the powerball lottery!! I would restore this house--it was built in 1872 and remodeled in the 60's--I would pull down all the paneling and the horrible dropped ceiling, rewire everything so I have enough outlets!! I'd hire someone to do some heavy landscaping to fix the drainage troubles, and I would build a pool house, so I could swim all winter. Put some fences up so I can let the dogs run without worrying. And maybe buy out the neighbors so I could have the whole place to myself. :)

(I do buy a powerball ticket when I remember--somebody has to win!)

A 100 Million? Set up education trusts for the grandkids. Purchase the land and build a Hospice House, set up with state of the art medical equipment, set up a trust to run the hospice and spend my time working with the dying. It's where my true heart is.

The first thing I would do is move out of this "one bedroom mansion on the hill", into a larger rental until I figured out what to do next.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom