What would you like to do in the next 6 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cath4420

Senior Cook
I was sitting here planning what I would like to achieve in the next six months - a very long list I can assure you. But it started out something like this...
Put all of my single recipes into books
Gather all of my food magazines together and sort them out and place them
in binders.
Lose weight
Pack away most of my summer clothing and "autumn clean" the house in time for winter.
Pre-cook more meals and place them in the freezer for worknights.
Go away for a weekend with my husband to the Hunter Valley vineyards in winter and sit in front of a log fire and drink fine wine.

Just for starters.

I'll take your list and change on thing:

Pack away ALL of my winter clothing and "spring clean" the house in time for summer - but I would need to do that in the next 30 days because in 6 months I will just do it your way :LOL:

All of the above.. plus a few trips to Mexico ... plus find a job... plus celebrate Greekster!

My list is sooooo long but it includes painting the outside of my house, renovating the kitchen and bathroom in the guest house, clearing out all the stuff I have stored in the basement and posting it all on Freecycle and spending as many weekends as I can at the beach!

Staying alive is always my #1!
Stop my back verandah from flooding each time the rain is a little on the heavy- or long-(duration that is, not drop-size!) side.
Put up the stereo that I got for my birthday and is still in the box
Thoroughly clean my house in time for... well, anything really!
Getting rid of all the old junk papers that I have accumulated cos I never knew quite what to do with but have never referred back to!
Get rid of the boxes from the office back to the office (which surprisingly nobody seems to have missed in 18 months! Says something about who did most of the work there I think!!!)
Get my fridge repaired
Buy a new microwave
Get a freezer
Flog some of the things that I no longer want

Kitchenelf, not that much to put away from summer, our summer was really cool and rainy but thought it would be a good time to go through the whole wardrobe.

Expatgirl, chardonnay or shiraz.

Bilby, you sound as busy as me. All this cooking you and I are doing is bringing winter on I think, soup anyone...

I have a long list. In the next 6 months I would like to...

1. Pay our house off.
2. Pay our bills off.
3. Buy a car (Used/nearly new, with few miles).
4. Start a savings account (we just have a no-interest checking account).
5. Visit family and friends in various parts of the country (and maybe Edmonton if we get the chance).
6. Visit with Marge when she comes back here to visit.
7. Lose weight.
8. Cheer James on as he finishes his CAD training.
9. Give James all the support I can as he looks for a good CAD job.
10. Clean and organize the house
11. Sew, sew, sew.
12. Sell lots of stuff on ebay.

:)Barbara

Well it looks like the first five, if not six, on your list will be taken care of fairly swiftly!! Isn't it nice to have such a list that you can achieve now!! :)

-return to culinary school- i was ill & left & since began to try to return
-volunteer either at an animal shelter or somewhere else
-get married
-be pregnant
-vacation
-be a counseler- a job was suggested to me. i'm interested. till my Chef internship

-return to culinary school- i was ill & left & since began to try to return
-volunteer either at an animal shelter or somewhere else
-get married
-be pregnant
-vacation
-be a counseler- a job was suggested to me. i'm interested. till my Chef internship
These all sound great but getting pregnant sounds like to most fun. I'd put it at the top of the list!:)

we'll see, fisher'smom. i'm only 27 so there's awhile left.:-p

Last edited:
wake up approx. 183 times. :cool: (go ahead. count 'em. not 1 time less)

everything else is icing...

Last edited:
I'm with BT...I hope to keep waking up every morning. In the meantime, my main goal is to get my book written. I won't get it finished in six months, but perhaps I can get to the half way point.

You got me thinking Babe, why should I plan my life away. As both yourself and Bilby said, to be here is a blessing. Maybe I should be like Constance and write a book or do something that warms my heart instead of wondering whether the house is clean enough for when the RELs come to visit or planning a trip when it is close enough that we could do it spontaneously. Thank you for making me think.

BT, you are right but counting is depressing!! By the way everyone, 34 weeks until Christmas!!!

I would like to photograph birds I have not photographed yet.
I want to visit a wolf preserve to photograph wolves.
I want to have a yard sale to get rid of deceased brother in law's stuff so I can have my porch, rooms , and barn back!
I want to enlarge my flower garden to attract more birds and butterflies for photography.

Back
Top Bottom