What's been happening in my life (Beth's Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw Beth, I'm so sorry. It's no use telling you to relax, because your inner self has understandably taken this on. Sounds like a change of scenery would do you good.

Sending you hugs.

Hiya Miss Beth...Just dropping in to say Hey on Christmas Eve!! Were you able to go to Pennsylvania to see your sister??? I hope so! ~~ I know you two had a grand time visiting and catching up on everything...We have been as busy as bees in a tar bucket around here..:ermm: Lots of cooking going on etc. ~~ Anyway, I hope your tomorrow is special!! ~~~ Take care of yourself and drop us a line when you can........

Been going through a bit of a rough spot lately. Found out I have anticipatory grief. That at least explains my mood swings and forgetfulness. I have talked with two Hospice counselors and will be participating in an online, moderated, grief support group, which will last about 3 months. This will start in Feb.

The trip to Bryn Mawr for Christmas was fabulous. Got snowed in there with the blizzard that hit the east coast. Had a wonderful time with the extended family.

But, I still was stressed out. So I implemented some new rules….no more work on the house, no visitors, and no more advice from dh….he was driving me crazy. He has embraced theses changes, much to my surprise. So, what was going to be his new project??

We bought a new motorcycle, a small one, 200cc, for him to ride when he gets too weak to ride the BMW. It’s a Suzuki DR 200 SE, an off and on road bike, fully legal for field or road. He is so excited. It won’t be delivered until next week. He is fixing up a place in the basement to park it.

We have been watching the Ken Burns series on the National Parks. Dh did have the dream of riding his bike to the west coast last year but felt too sick to do it. Now he is thinking about doing it this spring. He wants to see some of the National Parks out west. He will take a few shorter rides soon to see how he does. Because of weather, the last several trips to TN have been in his truck.

He has been relatively stable since his rapid weight loss in October. He is backing off on his steroids to see if that is the cause of his behavior changes.

That’s all folks!

So glad you had a great Christmas, Beth. Been thinking about you and Rich a lot.

Anticipatory grief, eh? that's an interesting concept, and I can see it. I think my good friend and neighbor is having a bout of that too. Her husband is declining quickly from advanced stages of MS. Probably good to give those feelings a name. That's a new one since my grad school psychology days, but it makes real sense.

Hope your weather isn't as bad as ours here. We're having a real stinker of a winter. Much more like Chicago than New York. :wacko:

Still sending you hugs and prayers, as always.

xoxo

Thanks for the update Beth, you've been on my mind lately. Sending lots of love and peaceful wishes your way.

Beth, it was good to hear an update. I hope the diagnosis and support treatment help you. I must say your dh just keeps going and doing the things he likes - and that should be a good lesson for all of us. Too much of the time we think we don't have time to do a bucket list when we should actually be doing them.
Take care and best wishes for many good trips.

Thank you for the update! Hopefully your new rules will help your stress, along with the online support group.

You two still amaze me!

:)Barbara

Anticipatory grief makes sense....never thought about it, but I can grasp the idea....I encourage you to continue with any and all counseling available to you...It's always best to let things out and not keep them bottled up ~~~ Think about y'all often...especially when I see a big snow storm moving across your area...I bet that big wood pile is coming in handy, huh?

Stay warm and cozy...take good care of yourself!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Beth}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

okay, no changes with dh, he is holding at 110# since October! I am doing better after my recent quest for help. Turns out I am reacting normally... here are a few photos...Alix, I dug these carrots today, will use them in carrot cakes and cole slaw..

Attachments

• DSCN3487.jpg
    DSCN3487.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN3505.jpg
    DSCN3505.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN3508.jpg
    DSCN3508.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN3518.jpg
    DSCN3518.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN3522.jpg
    DSCN3522.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 173
So glad you checked in, Beth. You've been on my mind lately. I guess no news is good news. Extremely glad to hear you are doing better. It's hard to take care of yourself when you're not sure what that entails. I'm praying that you will continue to thrive.

hugs,
June

Carrot Cake? ~~~ Did someone say sumpin about Carrot Cake??? ~~ I'm glad you said "Cakes"... Plural...It'll take a half of a cake for me before I slow down long enough to get a swallow of milk....And that's before supper!!!:LOL:

Miss Beth it's great to hear from you, and I'm happy to here you are doing better. ~~ Continue to reach out for help as needed...I pray that you be given strength every day.

Take care, stay warm, and if it's not to much trouble....Would you mind posting a picture of one of those carrot cakes sometime? :pig:

I think we are in the final stage. On Tuesday, Rich quit eating and has not been suffering the unpleasant consequences of eating any more. The medicine is keeping him comfortable. He has found he can sleep sitting up, with head phones on. We both operate on the top floor, so I can keep an eye on him. He rests on the couch. I am either at my sewing machine or computer or sitting with him holding his hand. He listens to the radio or a book on CD through the head phones, although the book requires too much concentration on his part. A few friends are coming over today and tomorrow, and his brother arrives tomorrow night. He thinks he is losing his ability to speak. He looks like he is 90 years old. I am surprised at his rapid decline in the past week.

Thank you are all your positive energies.

Love, Beth

Praying for peace for both of you. It's nice that you can be together even though it is so hard to watch someone you love declining.

Beth, what to say or do? I hope you know just how much we all love you two.While I knew this day would come, it still is impossible to hear. Please know I pray for you each day and will continue to do so. If you need anything at all just ask.May peace be with you both.
cj

Thank you for sharing this time and allowing us to be with you, Beth. I'm keeping you and Rich in my thoughts and prayers. Peace for you both.

My dear Beth, I agree with the others in thanking you for letting us in and this time and also that it is hard to know what to say. You have both shown so much courage and love for each other during this time. Know that my thoughts, prayers and love are on their way to you now and always.

Dearest Beth: My heart is aching for you now, as it has during this whole journey. As the others have said, know how much we love you, and support you and Rich. Also know that you can come here and cry, scream or anything else you need, now and forever.

I am so sorry.

Love,
June

Beth, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's been a long loving journey for both of you. Sadly, I understand and know just what you are going through at this time. You are in my heart and on my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom