"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #271
Executive Chef
Beth, I wish I had the right words to say to relieve you of your pain. I"m so glad that Rich was the person he was to you and paved the way for the time when he would no longer be there.I always enjoyed your reports of all the things he did to make life better and certainly wish that the same was true for so many who have lost their partners without the same nurturing feelings. When my dad died, he owned three separate pieces of property consisting of a small farm, the house where they lived and another house with a separate apartment. All of it was in his name and as executor of his estate I had to jump through hurdles to put it all in my mother's name before we could sell the properties that she didn't want and certainly couldn't care for. Dad was a very loving person but always put off things that should have been done in a timely manner. I'm glad Rich wasn't that way. You can rest assured that even in his sickness he was showing his love for you by making things easier for you in the ways that he could. I hope with each day, your grief becomes less and your hope for the future is greater.

Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #272
Chef Extraordinaire
I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Bless those who are helping you and are there for you at this time. That check was an awful thing for you to have to see. I wish I could do more for you. You mean so much to all of us here on DC I'm sure we all wish we could do more with and for you.I'm always here if you need someone to talk with. Know how much you are loved and cared for. Cry if you must it does help and makes it easier to breath and see the world in a good light. Remember I'm here if you need me
Love you Beth.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
Old 07-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #273
Chef Extraordinaire
I'm so sorry for your lose. A friend of mine's husband died--she kept getting calls from the satetille TV provider--they hadn't received her husband's paynent--it was coming from her account. She had to send the death certificate not once, not twice, but three times to the satellite provider and copies of the cancelled cheque before the name on the account was switched. The last time they called her and asked for her husband by name, she answered "He's dead. If you do talk to him, could you tell him I can't find the key to the lawntractor?" After that call, the issue was resolved. But it took months and it took her getting downright blunt.
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:13 AM   #274
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I am continuing to pray for you Beth. You are such a strong woman, but even strong women need support. I'm glad you have that, here and in your off-line life.

Closed Thread