"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #21
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Dear Beth,
My heartfelt prayers and good wishes for you and Rich. I'm so happy he has something to keep himself going on a daily basis and you to keep watch over him. It's also good to see Rich has a sense of humor and you do to, it is so important.
We are here for you and for anything as caregiving is both a burden and a blessing. Feel free to contact me with PM's. Not to boast or anything, but I am a good resource when it comes to caregiving and end-of-life care, it's what I do!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #22
Master Chef
Beth, I've been here a short time and posted just a little, but I still can let you know I am so sorry for this huge bump in life's road for the two of you. You and Rich must be two of the strongest people I have "met" through internet postings; I admire your strength. Know you both are in my prayers as you tackle this together.

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Old 12-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
Head Chef
Oh Beth, I am glad that you are able to enjoy the time together like this rather than Rich being hospitalized. I also knew someone who had cancer twice, and the second time after trying everything possible, decided to just enjoy her time left and do what she could with the people she loved. She passed feeling she was ready for the next stage of her being, and in peace. I find it admirable to make such a decision, admirable that you are doing whatever you can for him, and he for you to make your life comfortable. Just be together Beth... you are both blessed to have each other!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire
Good morning Miss Beth! Just wanted to check in and say Hi!!!

Thinking of y'all!!!
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 12-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #25
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Dear Beth: I cannot believe I am just seeing this thread now.

I am so very sad to hear of Rich's illness. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will be sending you cyber hugs on a regular basis, and if there is anything I can do for you in real time, please ask.

You two are doing what I would do in these circumstances... trying to live as normal a life as possible, and just love and take care of each other.

Who knows, maybe G-d will work a miracle!
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
Hi Beth,
just a quick note to say I'm thinking of you both. Prayer each and every day for the two of you.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #27
Certified Cake Maniac
Uncle Bob, thanks for bringing this forward again.

Beth, You and Rich were on my mind often during the holiday season. I hope you were able to have some celebration together.

And as Kades said, you are both in my daily prayers.

Please let us know if there is anything your DC family can do for you two.

"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

Old 12-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #28
Executive Chef
just checking in briefly...we both have very bad colds...and we will be zzzzzzzzzzzing shortly

thank you so much for the positive thoughts, prayers, warm fuzzies, hugs and well wishes.....it's all we have at this point..

here are some photos from my favorite Christmas tradition at a friends farm house...and one photo at dh's mom's house with the whole gang..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0266.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	7769   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0274.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	7770  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0303.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	7771  
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
Old 01-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
Feel better soon Beth and Rich. I'd send you some of my turkey soup but I think I've used it all up!
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #30
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better soon.

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
Closed Thread