What's been happening in my life (Beth's Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth I love the stairs. I remember when I was in my early twenties I helped my Dad make some new stairs to our very large sundeck (a boyfriend at the time who was an Military Policeman went through 4 of the bottom ones with his army boots). We did the risers and treads and it was a lot of work, but very fulfilling when it was done! Yours look fabulous!

I am glad you are feeling better from your cold and hope Rich is as well. You are both in my thoughts and prayers often.

I like your MF ;o))
I hope spring will arrive at your place, too, as it did in G now..

wish you both best days!

nothing stops you two, Beth, does it?.........I'm truly amazed and humbled by you and your husband's "let's just deal with life on life's terms" attitude and you have amazingly accomplished so much in the meantime despite the prognosis...........the completion of your stairway and other home projects reflect such a powerful metaphor of taking life one step at a time and moving on and never stopping......that's living life as there is always another project that needs aspiring to ..........what an incredible pair you are and how brave to tackle life on life's terms.....if I have any prayer to offer it's to wish you the strength.......you certainly have the love.......so many hugs .......

Gosh, some how I missed this whole thread. All I can say I will pray for you. I wish you all the best.

We are 5 1/2 months into this challenge. I find it hard to evaluate dh's condition. I see him failing but he does not see it. We will soon find out who is more correct. He wants to ride his motorcycle to TN in the next few weeks. His weight has remained stable since Dec., but eating is still very problematic. He does okay at home most of the time, but finds it difficult to eat away from home. He feels pressure in his stomach so it is physically impossible to force any food down his throat. His real goal is to ride to a BMW rally in the state of Washington this July, so this trip to TN is a test in his eyes. Hmmmmm.

I have taken over all financial business at this point...this is huge for me. I can remember a time when I could look at a phone bill and understand them.....not that I can understand the current one, but it just reminds me how complicated even phone bills have become. Since December I have been selling off his band equipment on eBay; mixers, speakers, monitors, microphones, volume control stuff, cables, drum sticks, tempo monitoring devices....still have his Zildjian cymbals to go. He has now gone through all his file cabinets and cleaned them out. Last week he completed an emotionally draining task of tearing down the goat area in the barn. He disassembled the hay manger, pens, gates and walls, to make that space usable again. Two weeks ago we had one friend help us paint about 60% of the first floor walls and ceiling. Dh is either working hard on some project here at home, or resting. He is not in the mood for any visitation at this time. "Chatting" with anyone is extremely fatiguing for him, and most people can't comprehend that. He is "chatted" out and feels that all people who have known him have had their opportunity to access him and he wants to be left alone while he is able to accomplish tasks. This wish is proving hard to enforce.

We have had many serendipitous events which have been very happy to experience. An old friend of mine has resurfaced and she is about to help me with getting dh to talk about what kind of service he wants. Dh has always been a planner, but is not keen on this particular project. What we have needed so far has neatly fallen into place.

Dh has been resting more, sometimes taking two naps a day. And he is accepting this!! We will be working on some outside digging projects while we have this lovely weather. I want to dig up the front flower bed to dig out and dispose of some of our dreaded Johnson grass....whatever was that invented for anyway?

And a few more photos: painting the kitchen/dining room, the guest bedroom/storage area while painting, the living room painting, and the living room getting ready to wax and buff the floor.

Attachments

• DSCN0819.jpg
    DSCN0819.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN0845.jpg
    DSCN0845.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN0850.jpg
    DSCN0850.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN0855.jpg
    DSCN0855.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 167
I admire both of you for your courage and your "keep on keeping on" attitude. Not sure I could do as well.

Still sending prayers your way.

I always forget to say that I appeciate peoples comments, thoughts, prayers and perspectives. They really help me through this. I feel I am only doing what needs to be done and feel humbled by some of the things I read here, like they can't possibly be talking about me. Thank you..

Beth, each of us love and admire you both. Being able to share this with you even from a distance makes us feel like family. We all I'm sure wish we could do more. I was just looking at the pictures you posted, you can see and feel the love that has gone into the refurbishing your home. It's love at it's best.
cj

Bethzaring said:
I feel I am only doing what needs to be done and feel humbled by some of the things I read here, like they can't possibly be talking about me.

Miss Beth a lot of people can "talk the talk"... but,.few can "walk the walk"..with chin up, head held high, and shoulders back...Your strength, courage, and bravery is an inspiration, and testimony to all..Yes! I am talking about you!!!! ~~~ May all the blessings of Heaven continue to rest upon you both, and give you peace!...
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Beth}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Beth, I know the disassembling was hard for both of you. I'm glad that you are able to be together so much. You are a shining example of "for better or worse, in sickness and in health". Your love for one another shines brightly and makes me strive to be a better wife. Thanks my friend. My love and prayers still going up for you both.

Hey Miss Beth!! .... How ya doin?? ....I've been chasing Tractor parts all day..The John Deere dealer ordered the wrong size parts so I am fit to be tied!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!:mad:
I've been waiting for them for almost a week!! ~~~ Just got off the phone with the Manager, and after I explained things to him real good :ermm: The right size parts will be over-nighted...Did good didn't I???:LOL: ~~~ Anyway...Just came in for a long cool drink of water and was thinking about ya....Check in when you can.......

Hey Miss Beth!! .... How ya doin?? ....I've been chasing Tractor parts all day..The John Deere dealer ordered the wrong size parts so I am fit to be tied!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!:mad:
I've been waiting for them for almost a week!! ~~~ Just got off the phone with the Manager, and after I explained things to him real good :ermm: The right size parts will be over-nighted...Did good didn't I???:LOL: ~~~ Anyway...Just came in for a long cool drink of water and was thinking about ya....Check in when you can.......

Hey Uncle Bob!:)...doing just fine...yesterday was a good day...dh left at 6:45 am on his motorcycle and arrived safely at his mom's 9 hours later...he was only able to take in about 700 calories on the trip so will see if he can make up some in the next few days. He lost a pound last week because eating is proving to be so difficult for him. He wasn't going to decide until the morning of, if he was taking his motorcycle or his truck to TN. He is resting today and will go sailing with his brother tomorrow on Percy Priest Lake.

Last week a friend called and asked him if he had any scrap metal he wanted rid of. So the friend brings over a trailer and dh proceeds to fill it up, leaving no room for the friends' stuff:LOL:. No matter, they will take a fun day next week and travel together to the junk yard and see how much $$ we get for the stuff dh has been stewing about how he was going to get rid of. It did take a toll on dh to load that metal up, think that is why he lost a pound last week.

So sorry, UB, to hear of your JD troubles, you did good!!, hope you got your parts!! Dh has been working on fixing me up with some suitable mowing machines. I got new wheels!!!:cool:. Of course will post some photos. My main mowing machine has been the JD 111 which I have had for about 15 years...dh's dad had bought it new. So now I have a 2002 JD GT(garden tractor)225...we were going for an LT (lawn tractor), until I mentioned I would be using it to mow what parts of the garden I would no longer be planting. So I guess I need a GT to mow the garden:ROFLMAO:?!

I had some friends over for lunch yesterday and will meet with my regular monthly lunch bunch on Monday. The weather is beautiful, no humidity, and will get to play in the dirt some more.

The photos: the trailer loaded with our scrap metal, my faithful JD 111, my new wheels, the two push mowers dh put together for me, the garden that I rototilled all by myself for the first time, some veggie and flower plantlets and the front flower bed that I have been working on to cut back the Johnson Grass

Attachments

• DSCN1062.jpg
    DSCN1062.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN1063.jpg
    DSCN1063.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN1068.jpg
    DSCN1068.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN1076.jpg
    DSCN1076.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 159
rest of photos

Attachments

• DSCN1075.jpg
    DSCN1075.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN1079.jpg
    DSCN1079.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN1087.jpg
    DSCN1087.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN1085.jpg
    DSCN1085.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 168
That's beautiful, Beth. Are you sure you don't want to continue planting even a little herb garden? I get so much contentment from mine.

Sending you hugs and good thoughts. :)

Wow!!! 9 hours on a "Motor- Sicle" is quite an accomplishment!! I don't know if my boo-hiney could take that ride!:LOL: Glad to know he made it safely and I know he will thoroughly enjoy the time spent with family...especially sailing with his brother!!

I need to go on a scrap iron hunt myself...Might pick up a few bucks...although I hear it's not bringing very much right now..I tried to give a guy some copper pipe awhile back and he wouldn't take it...Said it wasn't bringing anything. Huh?? Time was when people would go in houses and rip out the copper to sell..For money to buy drugs and booze!

Yep I got the parts yesterday...The right ones this time...2 O-Rings that go in the hydrolic lift system on the 1050 JD...Glad to have it back running...it' time to plow!

Love your new ride!!! Bought the DW a New Ride last year..(See photo) She loves it....Also just last week I bought this little wagon that goes behind her new ride..(See Photo) She ask why on earth I bought that thing??..I told her not to ask too many questions, and if she behaved herself I would let her ride in it, instead of walking, when we go to the store!:ermm:........ She was not amused!:LOL:

Mow the garden??? Hey don't laugh!! Been there done that!! A few times in the past, late in the fall, when I've been totally burned out on gardening, and I'm tired of tilling/hoeing etc. I've let the grass get ahead of me...especially if it's been raining a lot...So one year...last year I think...I just went up there and mowed the grass between rows;) Pretty smart huh???:cool:...Only problem I got stuck So if you've never gotten stuck while mowing the garden I'm one up on ya!!!:LOL:

Take Care...and Stay in Touch!!!

gosh Uncle Bob, that is an adorable ride you have there for DW...what is the inch cut on that deck? I had to go with a 42 inch cut to get the machine through the garden gate! I had not thought about a trailer, but what a good idea. Up until last year I had a golf cart for that very purpose but I sold it, too much exhaust fumes and I thought using the wheel barrow was better for my health......oh, now I am coveting a trailer.....

you might want to check out the recent prices for scrap...they are on the rise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom