What's been happening in my life (Beth's Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth, I'm sending positive energy for you and Rich through your journey together. Peace be with you both. Let love guide the way and provide you much comfort.

Beth, I don't know what to say except you are in my prayers. I realize that both of you have been through so much in the last months. You will remain in my prayers.

Beth know that y'all are in my thoughts and prayers each and every day...I pray that you are surrounded by a loving support group of friends and family during this time...and may you continue to be strong, and full of courage...May you be given a peace that passes all understanding ~~

{{{{{{{{{{Beth}}}}}}}}}

Beth, prayers for strength and peace going up for you and for Rich. Much love my dear friend.

beth, there aren't words, really, to express the feeling in our hearts at this time, for the love and support we can only hope you know exists for you and rich.

Dear Beth,

Like the others, I just don't know what to say, other than thank you for sharing your life together with us. I am praying for peace and strength for you both. Only God knows how long you have left here together, but I pray that your time together remains as rich and full of life and love as it always has.

whew! I've had to call in the reinforcements. Rich is still able to stand and walk with assistance, but needs help with most tasks. And he doesn't want me out of his sight. I just emailed all my friends who have offered to sit with him and the first one comes today. My plan was to go to the local quilt show, where I am showing a baby quilt, but the sitter is coming about the same time as Hospice. So I will mow after my friend arrives and until Hospice gets here... The quilt show runs three days, so maybe I can get there tomorrow.
We are in transition from oral morphine to a morphine patch and the patches did not arrive yesterday, to add to the stress. He only has one more morphine pill. He can't swallow the other medicines so he is supposed to be getting a cream that has the medicines in it. I have to wear gloves when applying it so I don't get zonked!

Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts!!!!!

Beth, You can also ask for Roxanol, liquid morphine, it's a sublingual form, fast acting.

Hugs,
PF

Beth, your "reinforcements" here may not be physical, but we are walking with you every step of the way.

Sending you love and hugs and crystal light to help you do what you have to do.

xoxo

Beth, You can also ask for Roxanol, liquid morphine, it's a sublingual form, fast acting.

Hugs,
PF

Yes, PF, we have plenty of Roxanol. The long acting pills were to replace some of the Roxanol. Have you ever tasted Roxanol:LOL:, LOL, neither have I, but dh says the taste is unbearable. He shoots it down the back of his throat. I know he would not consider taking it subling, at least as long as he is conscious.:mrgreen:

Many thanks for all the reinforcements:)

Yes, PF, we have plenty of Roxanol. The long acting pills were to replace some of the Roxanol. Have you ever tasted Roxanol:LOL:, LOL, neither have I, but dh says the taste is unbearable. He shoots it down the back of his throat. I know he would not consider taking it subling, at least as long as he is conscious.:mrgreen:

Many thanks for all the reinforcements:)

Nope, never tasted it, but I do understand it's not nice! Well, any port in a storm if you run out of pills before the patches kick in.

Take care of yourself! And Rich, of course.

Beth, I'm so glad you chose to include us in your life. I can only imagine how hard it is for you to go thru the daily routine of caring for your dear husband and yourself as well. I was with my dad the last 90 days of his illness and I know that is hard work and changing each day. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

He gave up the fight this morning. I really couldn't tell for sure that he had died, he just stopped breathing, it was very peaceful. Just minutes before, I woke my cousin who is staying with me and we held both his hands.

Have made many phone calls to family, still fairly numb, may go outside for a walk.

Beth, you are in my prayers. What wonderful things he did to prepare you for his leaving. I'm sorry for your loss, but he was really a caring person and showed how much he loved you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom