"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #11
Master Chef

I'll be a hunting widow again this weekend, although DH will be coming home at night this time. It's going to be really cold than a well-digger's butt Friday morning, probably in the lower teens, but he bundles up, and has a protable blind to protect him from the wind. Kim's worked out in the cold weather all his grown life, and knows how to dress for it.
I'll be staying in, and will probably make a pot of soup of some kind, so he'll have something warm to put in his belly once he gets home.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Z
Flying up to Lake Tahoe for a ski trip!!!!

Just bought some new boots at a local expo ($89) to replace my old boots
(bought for $15 in a church basement 4 years ago) and I'm really excited
to break them in! Whoo Hooooo!!!
Bring your cold weather gear. It has been in the single digits here lately, but might warm up due to the weekend storm. It is supposed to start snowing this weekend starting on Friday. Hopefully, this weekend I won't spend it all shoveling snow.

This weekend I am writing out my Christmas cards. On Friday, I am going over to see my parents new fifth wheel travel trailer. I hope to start on some of the Christmas baking.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #13
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
How about everyone else? Big plans for the weekend? Shopping? Decorating a Christmas tree? Staying home and relaxing with a book by the fire, with a cup of tea(doesn't that sound nice!)?

Well Cora, as you know our Dad is coming out this weekend. I do have to work in the morning on Saturday but afterwards, we'll probably do a little Christmas shopping in Manhattan. In the evening, we're going to see Pina Baush perform.
Then a Brooklyn day on Sunday, (my favorite day!). My fiance, Dad and I will probably eat brunch somewhere in the neighborhood and then maybe a little more Cristmas shopping.
On Sunday night, our friend who's going to the French Culinary Institute has invited us over for dinner. I'm really looking forward to that. There's always good food at his house.