What's happening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
For some reason, I haven't had the feel for cooking! Something seems to be missing!
Have any of you ever felt this way? Maybe I'm just looking for something a little off the wall?
Has anyone else been in this "ZONE"?

Yes. I've been on a diet lately, and have found that I simply don't have as much interest in food because of it.

For one thing, I don't eat as often. Before starting this diet I ate three meals every single day, with snacks in between. Now I sometimes just end up eating two meals. And I don't snack at all.

Also, I don't obsess as much over meals as I used to. These days I eat simple food. Tonight I bought a rotisserie chicken, brought it home, and, rather than dirtying a plate, just pulled the darn thing apart with my hands and stuffed it in my face like a Neanderthal. :pig: :LOL:

Oh yes, lately have no interest in cooking. Seems to happen about the same time each year.

For some reason, I haven't had the feel for cooking! Something seems to be missing!
Have any of you ever felt this way? Maybe I'm just looking for something a little off the wall?
Has anyone else been in this "ZONE"?

I am just coming out of that ZONE. It felt good to be in the kitchen again. Granted I have only myself to cook for, but I make way more than I can eat and send it over to my daughter's home.

I was in that ZONE for about five months. I had lost interest in a lot of things and food. So you will come out of it. I think this weather is responsible for feeling down a bit. :angel:

S&P, I've hit that wall, too. Sometimes it's the weather, sometime it's because I had marathon cooking days for a long string of time, sometimes I'm just lazy for a while. Enjoy the non-cooking time to use for something else you keep putting off while you wait for it to return - like, say, organize a sock drawer.

I get the blahs about this time of year. I wander the grocery store and nothing looks good or worth the price and or trouble to bother with. In a few weeks I will perk up and start searching for some locally grown asparagus and all will be right with the world! :yum:

Years ago my first thrills of the season were from the new crop of maple syrup on fat fluffy pancakes or a juicy rhubarb pie. Oh well, I've had my fun! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

This happens to me from time to time. I just have no desire to cook, try new dishes or look at recipes, etc. Cooking for dinner for us is done on auto pilot.

I can tell you this, so far, it has passed every time and I'm back in the saddle again.

http://youtu.be/80NoPLp-Zl0

Last edited:
I think our body clocks have something to do with our desire/need to cook. For example, when we're nearing fall and the temps begin to drop and the days become shorter, I long to get in the kitchen and surround myself with the fragrances of preparing soups, stews, etc.

Then cold weather time is here and I find myself in the midst of those delicious soups and stews but, now, I'm gazing forward to all the fresh produce that will grace the roadside markets and the grocery store when the weather warms.

Well, doggone it, we're never happy, are we? :LOL::rolleyes:

When I find myself out of the "zone" I just go with the flow and realize that it will pass and, as others have already mentioned, I'll be back in the saddle again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom