What's in your freezer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dawgluver said:
I have no clue, hence the spelunking. Many packs of frozen veggies, fruit, chicken, fish, shrimp, cheese and bacon. Soups and stews in cottage cheese containers. Tater tots somewhere. We have a small chest freezer in the basement and a bottom freezer in our fridge, and everything is pretty packed. I do label everything before stuffing it into the abyss.

DH is not allowed in either freezer. He upsets the delicate balance, and can't get the doors shut if he does retrieve something. Then he swears a lot, and I have to restuff.

LOL. I can relate! I need to organize at some point so that I could respond to a thread like this. Some day...

lol, dawg and chopper.
dw went food shopping today, and when she got home she tried putting something in her freezer (we each have our own kitchens in our small 2 family home) and ended up dumping a giant, frozen solid california picinic in my lap stating that it was taking up too much space.

i'd forgotten that i picked up a few on sale a while back, and since my freezer was stuffed to the gills, i put an extra one in her freezer since there was plenty of room.

i guess i'm making pulled pork some day this week...

if the electricity bill is ok, i recommend having a second kitchen or a garage refrigerator for all couples or families that have 2 cooks/foodies. it's a great deterrent against divorce. :)

buckytom said:
lol, dawg and chopper.

if the electricity bill is ok, i recommend having a second kitchen or a garage refrigerator for all couples or families that have 2 cooks/foodies. it's a great deterrent against divorce. :)

Now that is brilliant, BT! We already have his and hers workshops.

lol, dawg and chopper.
dw went food shopping today, and when she got home she tried putting something in her freezer (we each have our own kitchens in our small 2 family home) and ended up dumping a giant, frozen solid california picinic in my lap stating that it was taking up too much space.

i'd forgotten that i picked up a few on sale a while back, and since my freezer was stuffed to the gills, i put an extra one in her freezer since there was plenty of room.

Don't have two cooks, but we have separate bathrooms and each have a room that is all ours to do what we please in. Having your own area to express yourself is great in a relationship. In our house the main level is OUR space, we both had input in how it looks (the kitchen is all mine though) the finished basement has a guest bedroom done to my taste, and a den done to his. The top floor has our separate bedrooms (we are compatible in so many ways except sleeping) and bathrooms. I like a neat tidy space and an uncluttered bathroom, he like has everything everywhere. This works out so well for us! We are closer than most people that we know in spite of, or because of this arrangement.

Last edited:
bakechef said:
Don't have two cooks, but we have separate bathrooms and each have a room that is all ours to do what we please in. Having your own area to express yourself is great in a relationship. In our house the main level is OUR space, we both had input in how it looks (the kitchen is all mine though) the finished basement has a guest bedroom done to my taste, and a den done to his. The top floor has our separate bedrooms (we are compatible in so many ways except sleeping) and bathrooms. I like a neat tidy space and an uncluttered bathroom, he like has everything everywhere. This works out so well for us! We are closer than most people that we know in spite of, or because of this arrangement.

Now that, too, is brilliant!

lol, dawg and chopper.

I recommend separate houses...and a 3rd one to "share" when needing companionship...

Between the two freezers I have:

ice cubes
Vanilla ice cream
2 whole bone-in pork butts
2 whole chickens
boneless turkey breasts and thighs
chicken thighs
6 containers of black beans
1 gallon of turkey stock
1 qt chicken stock
1/2 cup containers of chicken broth
salmon
bacon - raw and cooked
pork neck bones
ham bone
duck fat
wings
frozen ice cream tub (empty)
beef barley soup
Potato leek soup
andouille
kielbasa
butter - salted and un
filo dough
egg beaters
breakfast sausage
Boneless chicken thighs
Boneless chicken breasts
cooked and raw chicken bones (for stock)
carrots and celery (for mire poix)
pancetta
kafir lime leaves
flank steak
pickled radishes
dried shrimp
bananas
tomato paste
strip steaks
filets mignon
tenderloin scraps
pork loin roast

...and about a 1" thick layer of frost all around in the upright freezer.

I'm sure there's more but I'm not doing a full inventory.

I am grocery shopping at your house.:LOL:

who cleans house #3? :)
Currently, I do because I spend more time at house #3. After May, whoever is the last one to leave, will have to take care of making sure the dishes are done, floors are clean, and bathroom is done. Kinda like a cottage/cabin. Take your garbage and linens home with you.

I only have the fridge/freezer. This is what's in it...

chicken breasts
chicken thighs
2 smoked sausages
bacon
pork chops
ground beef
meatballs
chicken tenders
chicken nuggets
tilapia

lunch meat
-turkey
-ham
-bologna
-salami

veggies
-corn
-peas
-stir-fry veggies
-carrots/peas
-diced tomatoes

misc.
-banana-nut bread
-hash browns
-french fries-
-onion rings
-vanilla ice cream
-orange sherbet
-raspberry sherbet
-sugar-free popsicles (assorted)
-lemon sugar-free popsicles
-lime popsicles (not sugar-free)
-strawberries

Just finished doing my freezer inventory:

Door

2 chicken thighs
3 quarters of orange peppers
Jalapeno hush puppies in gallon baggie
2 seaweed salads
Quart of soup
Chopped broccoli
Shrimp 1 lb
Breakfast sausage links

Top shelf

Catfish strips 1 lb
Pork loin
Porterhouse 1.2 lbs
Hamburger patty
1 brownie

Next to top shelf

Stuffed shells 12.5 oz
Sea scallops .69 pounds
Beef stew meat 1.32 pounds
Baggie with two chicken thighs
Three packs of brownies 2 ea
Lentil Indian dish
Lemonade 12 oz can
Mystery patties (2)
Two hash brown patties
Pound of bacon

2nd shelf from top

Roasted taters garlic and herb
18 fish sticks
1.7 lbs cured sliced ham
Sausage balls for deep-frying 1 lb
Orange bell pepper 5 quarters
12 oz hickory bacon
Buttermilk biscuits
Steam in bag rigatoni veggie
Half-gallon hash browns
2 burger patties
12/oz ham chunks (2)
Pork ribs 1.36 lbs
Pork ribs 2.38 lbs
Smoked turkey lunch meat ham baloney too
1 pound ham slices

Second shelf from bottom

Jalapeno hush puppies (2)
Tuna Steak .875 lb
Calamari Breaded 10 oz
Chicken Thighs 1.95 lb skinless
Chicken Thighs 2.0 lb skinless
Beef stew meat .82 lb
Butterflied shrimp 10 ounces
4 packs of brownies 2 ea
2 quarts of Stock
Pork country style ribs 1.3 lbs
Rib eye 1 lb
Shrimp 1.05 pounds
Pork mini buns w/crab 1lb 4 oz
Pork and green onion dumplings
Roasted Potatoes w/garlic herb sauce steam in bag
Box of Spinach
Package of 4 ears of corn

Bottom Shelf

Sweet potato puffs 1 package
Ground beef chuck 2.25 lbs
Celery sticks (2)
Pork Mini buns w/crab meat
Package of fried chicken pieces
Pork loin country style ribs 1 lb
Quarter of green pepper (3)
Pork ribs 1.34 lbs
8 dinner buns
Ground Turkey 1.3 lbs
Tilapia fillets 2 lbs
Catfish nuggets 2 pound
Fresh salmon fillet .5 lb
Imitation crabmeat 2 lb
Frozen eel pack (4)
1-pound sea scallops (2)

Last edited:
Hey Timothy .. can I come shopping in your freezer?????

Our freezer is full of fruits and vegies from the summer as well as 3 turkeys, 2 hams, 4 rib-eye steaks, 4 beef roasts, 20 chicken thighs, 3 lbs of scallops, leftover lasagna, 6 lbs of butter, vanilla ice cream, raspberry sorbet and 4 loaves of bread.

Timothy, can you please come and inventory my freezer? Or maybe we could do a freezer swap...though S&H might be a bit much.

I view mine as a treasure hunt. I never know what I might find while spelunking. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. I am a label freak, which helps.

Hey Timothy .. can I come shopping in your freezer?????

Our freezer is full of fruits and veggies from the summer as well as 3 turkeys, 2 hams, 4 rib-eye steaks, 4 beef roasts, 20 chicken thighs, 3 lbs of scallops, leftover lasagna, 6 lbs of butter, vanilla ice cream, raspberry sorbet and 4 loaves of bread.

Sure! When ya gonna get here? I'll swap you for some house cleaning.

Timothy, can you please come and inventory my freezer? Or maybe we could do a freezer swap...though S&H might be a bit much.

I view mine as a treasure hunt. I never know what I might find while spelunking. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. I am a label freak, which helps.

Mine has been a treasure hunt too! That's why I finally inventoried it. I had no idea what was in there any more!

Tim,

Your freezer eats better than I do! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Ha! Yer killin me! I was envious of all the others who did their freezer inventory. I had to do it to keep up with the Joneses!

My freezer is finally getting manageable. I only have the top of my fridge. I've managed with only that for ten years now. Previously I had an 8 or 9 cubic foot chest freezer. I meant to buy another one when we moved here, but never got around to it. I've finally told my husband that I AM NOT making any home-made stock, ever again, if we don't buy a separate freezer. Insane. As of the first of the year I had gallons of stock (turkey and chicken), many quarts of tomatoes from the garden. There is pesto, harissa, roasted red peppers. For meat: chicken wings, chicken breasts, pork tenderloin slices. Sausages. Roasted garlic. Ice cubes ... we don't have a cube maker, so that's about 1/4 of the freezer. Right now about 1/4 of the freezer is still tomato sauce and tomato juice. I've used the last of the stock, and told hubby that he's not getting more any time soon. We have plenty of room and plenty of money for a freezer, but somehow the priority doesn't seem to come around.

I seriously considered getting an extra freezer, but thought it over and realized that it would be better to learn to live with the freezer space I have.

As it is, I could probably live on what I usually have in there for about a month. I don't need to have more than that on hand.

I seriously considered getting an extra freezer, but thought it over and realized that it would be better to learn to live with the freezer space I have.

As it is, I could probably live on what I usually have in there for about a month. I don't need to have more than that on hand.

I agree with you.

I use mine as a 'parking lot' for short term storage of bargains and leftovers. Two or three times a year it is a problem. The limited space makes me keep track of what is in it and prevents me from having any ancient creatures lurking in the frozen depths.

since we have a lot of canadians aboot, i wonder if anyone else has hockey pucks in their freezer?

dw took out perfectly good quart of pea soup with ham from her freezer, but the pucks remained, lol.

since we have a lot of canadians aboot, i wonder if anyone else has hockey pucks in their freezer?

dw took out perfectly good quart of pea soup with ham from her freezer, but the pucks remained, lol.

You bring up an interesting point.

What non-food items do you keep in the freezer?

When we were growing up my parents kept a box of important papers and some spare cash in ours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom