What's in your pantry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot a lot of stuff. Like sauerkraut, craisins, rice, so many things. Yet why is it when I am looking for something to eat I don't seem to have anything in the house. :angel:

I have the same problem. Never anything to eat...

Oh, gosh, it would be easier to list what I don't have in the house! I have almost all the same flours as PF, except I also have graham flour and wild rice flour, brown rice flour. I have arrowroot, tapioca, and cornstarch.

Vinegars include balsamic (white and red), red wine, white wine, cloudberry, fig, raspberry balsamic, malt, coconut, cider, plain, fish and chip vinegar, ume plum, and champagne. Soy sauce, tamarind paste, fish sauce, and vegetarian hoisin

Oils include EVOO (several different grades), canola, Lime EVOO, Lemon EVOO, mushroom EVOO, coconut, almond, avocado, mustard

Canned goods: water chestnuts, evap. milk, coconut milk, coconut cream, (that's it)

rice: basmati, cargo, wild, sweet rice, black rice, brown rice (several grain lengths), sushi rice, rice for risotto

cereal: oatmeal, grits, Red River Valley, 10-grain, 12-grain

Seeds and nuts: pumpkin, sesame, cashews, pistaschios, almonds, walnuts, pecans, chia

Pasta: awhole lot

Beans and legumes (dried): black, chickpeas, lentils (brown, black, orange, green, French), adike (sp), romano, split yellow peas, split green peas, blue hominy, a type of mexican beans (I'd have to get up and look), lima, navy beans, white kidney beans, red kidney beans

Dried mushrooms (morels, oyster, etc)

Dried cranberries, raisins, sultanas, currants, dates, tamarind pods

Herbs and spices: Too many to count, but have a lot for various types of cuisines

Powdered milk, powdered buttermilk, powdered soy milk

Sugar: several different brown sugars, raw sugar, and white (which I've had for 2 years and haven't used up, yet)

I am sure I have more in the pantry. I haven't counted the jars of tomatoes, pickles or sauerkraut or all the stuff still in the freezer.

This explains why I don't have to go to the store very often...and why I NEED two full-sized fridges. I could probably eat for a year without having to go to the store if I didn't like cheese and other dairy products so much. I tend to buy fruit and dairy. Which reminds me, I probably should pull a turkey out of the freezer for next weekend.

Last edited:
I forgot my Japanese stash, nori, wakame, kombu, 4 or 5 kinds of furikake, noodles, rices, sauces, vinegars, bonito flakes, ume plums and vinegar...good grief! I have bins of the stuff for playing with sushi and many different dishes.

I have a pantry in the kitchen and another one in the basement. I cleaned the one in the kitchen today, so I may be able to think of it's items:
Rice, biscuit mix, pasta, taco shells, assorted bottles of liquor, various bags of chips, soup, canned fruit, candy, pancake mix, crackers, cake mix, jello, pudding, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, drunk mixes, a basket of dish towels, tea, bread crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, canned fruit, jars of different sauces, Welch's grape jelly and grape juice, French's onions, pie filling, popcorn, syrup, potatoes, toys for the grandkids, garbage bags, dog treats and biscuits, cake decorating stuff, dust pan and hand broom, bird seed, swifter dusters, light bulbs (the old kind-not the silly curly ones), lunch bags, griddle, George Forman grill, rock salt, bags, batteries, plastic cups, plasticware, paper plates.............

I'm sure I've forgotten something.

I have a pantry in the kitchen and another one in the basement. I cleaned the one in the kitchen today, so I may be able to think of it's items:
Rice, biscuit mix, pasta, taco shells, assorted bottles of liquor, various bags of chips, soup, canned fruit, candy, pancake mix, crackers, cake mix, jello, pudding, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, drunk mixes, a basket of dish towels, tea, bread crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, canned fruit, jars of different sauces, Welch's grape jelly and grape juice, French's onions, pie filling, popcorn, syrup, potatoes, toys for the grandkids, garbage bags, dog treats and biscuits, cake decorating stuff, dust pan and hand broom, bird seed, swifter dusters, light bulbs (the old kind-not the silly curly ones), lunch bags, griddle, George Forman grill, rock salt, bags, batteries, plastic cups, plasticware, paper plates.............

I'm sure I've forgotten something.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
By silly curly bulbs I guess you mean energy saver bulbs?

When I stopped eating soy-related foods, I noticed I had tons of pantry room available!
I have a large selection of EVOOs & Balsamic Vinegars (flavored and regular), a shelf with jarred olives and tins of tomato paste and tomatoes, and a couple boxes of Quinoa pasta.
Baking: organic stuff, flours made of sorghum, quinoa, almond and some wheat. Molasses, vanilla & almond essences, cocoa powder, and lots of coconut oil.
Large amounts of nuts, particularly raw almonds and raw pecans.
Local raw honeys, homemade jelly, tabasco (of course), and lots of different coffees.
And a jar of Guittard chocolate chips that rarely make it into any baked goods because I'd rather just help myself to them when I want sweets ;)

That's pretty much it.

I have four cabinets and part of an open shelf that I use for pantry goods. I'd almost rather post pictures than try to list everything :LOL:

For starters, I have at least 9 vinegars and 5 oils, lots of herbs and spices, 4 shapes of Italian pasta, 3 types of rice noodles, 3 kinds of rice, gnocchi, Asian seasonings and condiments, Mexican chocolate, corn husks for tamales, a few canned cream soups, baking supplies (flours, sugars, extracts, etc.), canned tomato products, and pasta sauces. Also, kitchen equipment like a salad spinner, scale, food processor, mandolin, immersion blender, colanders, strainers, etc. There's much more but I'm not home right now so I can't look.

I have four cabinets and part of an open shelf that I use for pantry goods. I'd almost rather post pictures than try to list everything :LOL:

For starters, I have at least 9 vinegars and 5 oils, lots of herbs and spices, 4 shapes of Italian pasta, 3 types of rice noodles, 3 kinds of rice, gnocchi, Asian seasonings and condiments, Mexican chocolate, corn husks for tamales, a few canned cream soups, baking supplies (flours, sugars, extracts, etc.), canned tomato products, and pasta sauces. Also, kitchen equipment like a salad spinner, scale, food processor, mandolin, immersion blender, colanders, strainers, etc. There's much more but I'm not home right now so I can't look.

:LOL:

Your list is plenty long enough! Doubt anyone posted every single item. I also keep some of the items that usually go in a pantry in my fridge and I freeze things like nuts etc etc :)

I forgot the corn husks, I have those as well and I see I have yet another bin of different kinds of dried beans...maybe I should do a bean night this weekend (soak beans overnight and cook, put in freezer)...

I'll sart with all the crap dh bought when I couldn't get out to shop and do I hate canned veggies, I can go frozen and adore fresh. so here we go with what i've gotten, San Marzano tomatoes, tubes of tomatoe and anchoveys , herbs,thyme,mexican oregano,marjoram name it I have it. Canned corn as well as frozen, fresh comes later,fresh green beans,eggplant,brussels Sprouts,leeks,mushrooms,dry beans dry and fresh pastas, homemade gravy for the pastas,in cluding pesto and red gravy. my pantry looks just like what i own and both are a mess. I have two freezers and both have meats and ice cream I also have all types of flour and boxed cake mixes from King Arthurs goodies. I'll get back later need to a few other things now.
kades

I keep my corn husks in the freezer, they are soaked and ready to use, I just have to let them thaw.

I don't have any separate pantry, I just stuffed everything in a small kitchen. (detergents and other laundry products I keep in a small cupboard in my veranda)

I wish someday I will also have a pantry and I will arrange everything systematically.

Back
Top Bottom