What's in your pantry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Thought it might be fun to do a DC Pantry Raid ;)
What would you typically have in your pantry? I don't mean at this moment, more like when you've done shopping :LOL:

My pantry consists of a cabinet. Can goods up top, box items below. Bulk items (toilet paper, paper towels) get hidden away under my round tables with long skirts or in my walk in closet. Laundry products, under the kitchen sink. Gee, I love living alone. I spend less than $200 a month for living expenses. And that includes food for the month plus what I donate to the food bank each month. :angel:

I'll go first and try and remember everything I usually have!

Canned foods :
Tomatoes, a variety of beans, canned creamed corn, tuna, sardines, oysters, condensed milk, evaporated milk, samp, chakalaka relish and corned beef for hubby.

Dry goods: Brown rice, thai rice, basmati rice, pasta, maize meal, polenta, cous cous, barley, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, yeast, brown sugar, dried beans and lentils, linseed, green split peas, sago.

Preserves: Apricot Jam, Berry Jam (any kind), pickles, chili sauces (many!), sauerkraut, peppadews, peach halves, guavas.

Packets: Brown onion soup powder, aromat, instant potato mash, chicken noodle soup powder, potato bake mix, chicken stock, veg stock, beef stock, lamb stock, instant tomato soup, instant beet soup and lots of jelly powder (jello)

Other stuff: Ultramel custard ( ready to eat), long life milk, popcorn, onion flakes, garlic flakes, lime leaves, curry leaves, lotsa hot mustard and granary mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, malt vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown and white grape vinegar.

Cereal: Bran Flakes, Corn Flakes, Oats, Weetbix, Brown Rice Crispies, Strawberry Pronutro and 1 sweet cereal like Cheerios or Otees.

Rye Crispbread, Matzos and a few pkts of crisps.

Spices: I think I have them all lol!

Tea: Green Tea, Jasmine Tea, Hibiscus Tea, Black tea, Rooibos Tea and Ginseng Tea.

Herbs: Too may to mention!

Coffee, cocoa, honey, molasses, syrup, oxo (marmite), peanut butter, cheese spread, sandwich spread.

Lime Cordial, Oros Orange Squash, Lemon Juice, Passion Fruit Cordial.

That's all I can remember right now!

My pantry consists of a cabinet. Can goods up top, box items below. Bulk items (toilet paper, paper towels) get hidden away under my round tables with long skirts or in my walk in closet. Laundry products, under the kitchen sink. Gee, I love living alone. I spend less than $200 a month for living expenses. And that includes food for the month plus what I donate to the food bank each month. :angel:

That's cheating :LOL: We all use TP and detergents! What foods? ;)

Bulk pantry: Flour (white, cake, bread, white whole wheat, whole wheat, all purpose, tapioca, corn) Cornmeal, polenta (white and yellow), Steel cut oats, Rolled oats, rolled Spelt, rolled 8 & 9 grain cereals, Cream of wheat cereal, grits, several boxed bread mixes from King Arthur, baking powder, baking soda, unrefined cane sugar. Hot chocolate.

All my spices and dried herbs are in there, too. Ketchup, flax seed, sesame seed, light olive oil, EVOO, Canola, Grapeseed oil, Sesame oil, Spectrum Shortening (0 trans fats), Tarragon vinegar, Apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, Mirin, different mustards and pickles. Dry cat food. Coffee. Packets of country gravy mix, brown gravy, chicken gravy, Hollandaise, some random chili spice mixes. Larger containers of Himalayan Pink Salt, Kosher Salt and Celtic Gray sea salt. Many pasta types, all kinds of different rices, instant mashed potatoes. My potato bin.

Canned Pantry: Canned Albacore, Salmon. Canned beef, chicken and pork for Shrek. Canned beans - several types. A wide selection of Progresso soups - for quick lunches at work. Bertolli pasta sauce, pickled beets, canned mandarin oranges, peaches and pineapple. Some canned veg - peas, corn, green beans. Sardines, kipper snacks, Vegemite, jams and jellies, Peanut butter, Almond butter, Sunflower butter, Cashew butter. Wet cat food. Olive Oil Mayonnaise. Tomato sauce, tomato paste. My onion and garlic bins.

That's cheating :LOL: We all use TP and detergents! What foods? ;)

Well if you insist. tomato products, all seasonings and spices, seasoned bread crumbs, baking soda, baking powder, soup base products, canned milk, three different vinegars, dark cocoa, canned roast beef hash, clam juice, Chicken Noodle Soup, box of English Breakfast tea bags. I buy all can goods in twos and threes.

Below, old fashion oatmeal, two five pound bags of sugar, plus what is in the canister, large canisters of Folgers coffee, three different kinds of pasta, restaurant style pancake mix, snack crackers, Triscuits, graham crackers, Oysterett crackers, Cheerios, (for snacking) bag of flour, plus what is in the canister, cake flour, large sea salt. I keep on the shelf next to the stove a canister of flour, sugar, salt cellar, olive oil, vegetable oil, pepper. Pepper never gets used. I should give it to my son.

In the freezer is individually wrapped Italian sausages, breakfast links, chicken legs and thighs, large two inch thick pork chop, Porter House steak, Cabot's butter, house brand of butter for baking, individual servings of mac and cheese, nuts of all kinds, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, orange rind, lemon rind, lemon juice cubes, frozen orange juice.

In the fridge are cans of baked beans, buttermilk powder, Just Egg Whites, regular condiments, Hunts ketchup, Hidden Vally salad dressings, Guldens mustard, sweet pickle relish, mayonaise, eggs, half and half, milk.

I think that about covers it all. :angel:

Last edited:
Gee, I forgot Pancake mix (Krusteaz) My nutthin rice crackers, Shrek's crackers and all the teas I have all over the place. Evaporated milk, canned pumpkin...

Bulk pantry: Flour (white, cake, bread, white whole wheat, whole wheat, all purpose, tapioca, corn) Cornmeal, polenta (white and yellow), Steel cut oats, Rolled oats, rolled Spelt, rolled 8 & 9 grain cereals, Cream of wheat cereal, grits, several boxed bread mixes from King Arthur, baking powder, baking soda, unrefined cane sugar. Hot chocolate.

All my spices and dried herbs are in there, too. Ketchup, flax seed, sesame seed, light olive oil, EVOO, Canola, Grapeseed oil, Sesame oil, Spectrum Shortening (0 trans fats), Tarragon vinegar, Apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, Mirin, different mustards and pickles. Dry cat food. Coffee. Packets of country gravy mix, brown gravy, chicken gravy, Hollandaise, some random chili spice mixes. Larger containers of Himalayan Pink Salt, Kosher Salt and Celtic Gray sea salt. Many pasta types, all kinds of different rices, instant mashed potatoes. My potato bin.

That more like it! A proper snoop ;)

I only buy one bottle of light and one bottle of extra virgin olive oil. They stay in the kitchen. A bottle lasts about 3 months.

Canned Pantry: Canned Albacore, Salmon. Canned beef, chicken and pork for Shrek. Canned beans - several types. A wide selection of Progresso soups - for quick lunches at work. Bertolli pasta sauce, pickled beets, canned mandarin oranges, peaches and pineapple. Some canned veg - peas, corn, green beans. Sardines, kipper snacks, Vegemite, jams and jellies, Peanut butter, Almond butter, Sunflower butter, Cashew butter. Wet cat food. Olive Oil Mayonnaise. Tomato sauce, tomato paste. My onion and garlic bins.

I use very little oil and fats. My canned fruit, jams and pickles that are homemade all live in my fridge where I can get to them quickly :)

Gee, I forgot Pancake mix (Krusteaz) My nutthin rice crackers, Shrek's crackers and all the teas I have all over the place. Evaporated milk, canned pumpkin...

And I forgot canned pumpkin, rice cakes, and sugars for baking, powdered, raw, etc., Ramen noodles, packaged gravy mixes.:angel:

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO:

I forgot to mention the cookie and sweet stash! I hide them in the cooler box for the kids. Hubby will eat it all in a day otherwise :rolleyes:

And my seeds!!!! I always have sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and linseed.

And I forgot canned pumpkin, rice cakes, and sugars for baking, powdered, raw, etc., Ramen noodles, packaged gravy mixes.:angel:

Thanks Addie :) You really did give a detailed list!
I would have to type for a while to list the contents of my freezer, fridge and the large Tupperware bins I keep above my stove for easy access :ohmy:

I am sure we all forgot something. Reading over other posts. Like I keep small cans of veggies in the fridge for a quick veggie salad. :angel:

I also keep dried apricots, prunes, peaches, cranberries, mango, apples, raisins and banana chips in jars on my kitchen counter where little fingers can reach.

The fridge is always filled with eggs (boiled and raw), lots of hot sauce and chili relish, the opened mustard and sauerkraut, w/sauce, ketchup, chutney, pickles, more jam, juice, cold water, lemon juice, milk, margarine and butter, cheese, lunch meats, lots fresh fruit and veggies at the bottom so both kids can grab and go and yogurts.

I don't really have a pantry. I built shelves in the laundry room, and along with nonfood items, my bulk vinegars and powdered milk go there. Costco overflow goes on former plant shelves in the basement: chicken stock, tomato products, canned mushrooms and beans, our "wine cellar". I have a turntable in the kitchen that holds all the canned goods (beans, soups, chipotles and serranos, more tomato products, smoked clams and oysters) and packets of tuna and soup mixes. I have a cupboard with a couple of lazy Susans dedicated to herbs, spices, extracts and dried mushrooms, packets of Ranch dressing, pectin, gravy and sauce mixes. Another freestanding cabinet I built holds more herbs and spices (mainly Penzeys) and specialty vinegars. A basket on top of the fridge holds dried beans and peas, nuts, and oatmeal.

Thanks Addie :) You really did give a detailed list!
I would have to type for a while to list the contents of my freezer, fridge and the large Tupperware bins I keep above my stove for easy access :ohmy:

I forgot a lot of stuff. Like sauerkraut, craisins, rice, so many things. Yet why is it when I am looking for something to eat I don't seem to have anything in the house. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom