What's in your refrigerator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepfryerdan

Senior Cook
I thought of a new game as I was peering into my refrigerator last night. I love looking at user's photos and MTV Cribs has made everyone think that what's actually in your fridge is important. So, take a photo of your refrigerator, upload it, and tell us about some stuff that's in it. How about we start it up? I'll begin.

v3dIT.jpg

Left door: Worcestershire, Frank's Hot, A1, Tabasco, Heinz Ketchup Pump!, Coffee creamer
Right Door: Sweet baby ray's, a plethora of mustards, soy sauce, ranch and southwest dressings
Center: Milk, some homemade barbecue sauces. Bertolini vodka sauce, Walmart brand Yogurt, my wife's lunch box, bread, leftovers, grapes, and the bottom drawer is full of cheeeeeese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I don't own a camera! But yours is hardly loaded compared to mine. On the other hand, I can't imagine using that much catsup in my lifetime! I have about a half-dozen jars of friend-made preserves, pickles, relishes, sauces that I do need to start looking at!

Yeah, there are only the two of us as well, but you'd never guess it by the food in the house! I too have an entire drawer full of cheese. A few things you keep in the fridge, I just keep in the pantry (most hot sauces, soy sauce), but we go through them quickly enough that it isn't an issue, and 9 months out of the year you can hang meat in my pantry (not kidding, olive and peanut oils will solidify in my pantry in all but July and August).

I can't take pics either. Darn! I have done stock take lol ! I have 1 mug of german mustard, eggs, sour cream, mozzarella, butter, milk, ketchup, w/sauce, HP sauce, fresh squeezed lemon juice, Morello cherry jam, youngberry jam, apricot jam, mint jelly, mayo, Strawberry+Vanilla +grenadilla yogurt, tabasco, peach chutney, oxo spread ( SA marmite),
Packed lunches for husband and kids, litchi and mango juice, panado syrup and benilin for kids and the following homemade preserves :
Balsamic beets, papaya jam, preserved lemon, 4 kinds of chilli sauce, chilli and onion relish, sweet pickled peppadews, spicy peppadews, peppadew and onion preserve, pickled spicy onion, pickled sweet and tangy onions, pumpkin nut butter, wholegrain mustard, green tomato jam and sweet mustard.
My fresh veg and fruit are all kept in the veg rack since I don't like the taste of cold fruit and veg and the rest has been eaten or it's frozen or in the pantry!

Is there such thing as a "good" recipe for spam?

I guess if you look at Spam as a sausage kind of meat product, you know not to ask too many questions and just enjoy the flavor.

This past winter, we were on vacation in Aruba and participated in a Hawaiian themed pool party.

I made sweet and sour smoked spam on toothpicks with chunks of fresh pineapple. SO had concerns that it was a lousy idea and no one would eat it but, to quote a movie title, it was "Gone in Sixty Seconds"

Back
Top Bottom