"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I haven't really thought about it. I know that I'll be getting money from my in-laws & I plan to buy a new set of pots & pans with that. My wish is to be surprised with something from hubby this year! He always spoils it by getting me to pick out my presents. I HATE THAT!!!!

Old 11-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #12
Executive Chef

I get a piece of jewellry for each birthday, Christmas and Wedding Anniversary.

My husband is very, very generous.. (unfortunately, his taste and mine very seldom co-incide - so every few purchases we have to return it to the shop for me to pick out something more suitable or to my taste!)

Old 11-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I'm grateful for what I have... but as long as it's a wish:

(In green, with a racing belt) -- AND an extra $100 grand for a tri-level condo I saw. I promise I'll never ask for anything ever, ever again, Santa.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:31 AM   #14
Executive Chef

My husband had a Morgan when we lived in London many years ago. We went to the main dealer which was then in Arkley, near Barnet. His was BRG! He sold it when the family expanded and now wishes he had kept it

Mish - just to make you drool! http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/home.html
Old 11-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
My husband had a Morgan when we lived in London many years ago. We went to the 'factory' which was then in Arkley, near Barnet. His was BRG! He sold it when the family expanded and now wishes he had kept it
I love that car. Brings back memories as a kid growing up - Two adults and three kids would pile into that car and we would go to the beach with the top down in New York.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Thanks, Ishbel. I put a silver one in my shopping basket. (I wonder if they're still made of wood?)
Old 11-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #17
Contest Winner

Wink

Here is an Idea for those that have lost a little of the magic of christmas. Find a Family that you know needs help, Buy them Food maybe some clothes (Gift Card works if you don't know the sizes.) and Maybe a toy or gift for each person. (Don't over spend your limit). Go in on a deal like this with co-workers, friends, or Family. This will open Your Heart so wide and Its a Feeling That will surpass You best Holidays. I like Leaving it at the Door and Running with a card from ( May Your Holidays be Blessed, or SANTA ) But You decide how to do it. Take That Neighbor down the Road, Out For Coffee, Make Cards up and Pass them out to Everyone on the Block. THIS WILL BRING A FLOOD OF MEMORIES BACK AND GIVE YOU THE SPRIT OF CHRISTMAS BACK I PROMISE ! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL THIS HOLIDAY SEASON !
Old 11-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
We know you love us Maidrite. We felt your HUG and we love you too. Warm wishes for you and yours. HUGS!

Corazon90,
I'm so happy for you! I hope you get to have your baby before Christmas so you can be home with your family to celebrate. As long as that baby is healthy, it don't matter if it's a boy or girl. Good luck.

Cameron,
Don't you worry about the finances now! Christmas is all about giving from your heart. I'll be lucky if I get half of one item I listed on here but I'll still be happy just having my family with me and knowing they're healthy and happy. All I need is just enough to get by-we have everything just by having love and peace in our families.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:38 AM   #19
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
We do this at our church every Christmas Maidrite! I teach the 4 & 5 year olds in Sunday School & I counted our offering yesterday & we have $29!! I asked the kids if they would like to pick a gift off the tree that our preacher sets up for needy families & buy it with the money. They were all very enthusiastic about helping someone in need!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:59 PM   #20
Contest Winner

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
We do this at our church every Christmas Maidrite! I teach the 4 & 5 year olds in Sunday School & I counted our offering yesterday & we have $29!! I asked the kids if they would like to pick a gift off the tree that our preacher sets up for needy families & buy it with the money. They were all very enthusiastic about helping someone in need!
I have found the cheerful giver is the one who truly gets a gift ! Yours sounds so Great. Keep Up the Good Work! Going to a retirement village and singing for a while and visiting with the people there costs nothing and Is a Giant Gift to them as well. Call ahead !