What's on Your Mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got that pizza I was craving today for lunch. New place has opened up in our small town called Bella Napoli. When you walk into an Italian place and the staff is speaking in Italian, you know you've found something good. They're from..guess... Naples! :LOL:
Man was that a good pie. I'd have taken a picture but, my DH might have bit my hand in the mad rush to put a slice in his pie hole. :ROFLMAO:

Finally got that pizza I was craving today for lunch. New place has opened up in our small town called Bella Napoli. When you walk into an Italian place and the staff is speaking in Italian, you know you've found something good. They're from..guess... Naples! :LOL:
Man was that a good pie. I'd have taken a picture but, my DH might have bit my hand in the mad rush to put a slice in his pie hole. :ROFLMAO:
i finally got my poached eggs!! (i posted pics)

and whats on my mind is that i may make a poached egg and a slice of rye toast for a late snack later. my sleep hours are all messed up anyway.

Yeah, but if your pie did not come out of a wood-fired oven then they must be from Naples, Fla....:LOL:

I didn't go back and see if it was or not. I was content with what I got and the people serving/making it. Nowhere near that part of Fla,btw. LOL

hoping my car will be finished and ready to pick up from auto body shop!!

How I managed to feed two of my girls and their families 3 nights in a row..Boy did they go through my pantry and freezer...I did one heck of a lot of cooking and baking...Will I ever learn?:wacko:
kades

I'm in the Tacoma/Seattle area right now and just finished making my egg rolls and pineapple sweet & sour sauce for my duaghter and son, and their husband and wife. My son in law isn't a big fan of egg rolls, or the veggies that usually go into them. He told me that my egg rolls were the best he'd ever eaten and that they were very good. We also shared them with one of my son's neighbors, and elderly lady who lives nearby. She also told me they were great, and that the sweet and sour sauce was the best she'd ever eaten. It's no big thing for me. I've been making and eating this recipe (I created it:)) for about 25 years now. But everyone seems to love them. They aren't difficult at all, but are different from any others I've eaten. When I created the recipe, I just threw together what seemed to be a good mixture of Asian veggies that were readily available, and played with the sweet & soiur sauce until it tasted right. But I've gotten this response from quite a few people.

So what am I thinking? I'm thinking that I'm fortunate to have a few recipes that bring a smile to those who eat them. I'm thinking that whenever we can, we should give our best to those we love, and anyone who comes to the table.

Whatg have I been thinking since last Wednsday when I arrived here with my wife? I've been thinking how amazed I am at how beautiful my grandaughters are. The newest baby, born Sept. 10th, puts the Gerber baby to shame. She is soooooo pretty. And the one-year old, her Daddy isn't the only one who is wrapper around her fingers. Talk about a cutie, and so curious about the world. She also loves to dance to my harmonica. We are going to get along very well, her and I.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Nice post G/W..Congratulations :)

Insomnia is on my mind..Been up since 4am..might have been around 3:30..

Munky.

I was just thinking how glad I am that I made a great big saucepan of homemade applesauce this morning. :chef: I am suprised there is any left after I kept tasting it to make sure I had the right amount of sugar in it.:rolleyes:

thanks kathleen, can't raise anyone on the phone at her house, maybe she has gone to hospital. so thinking about that. will try her husbands' cell later. he is the blood relative so don't feel funny calling him.

thanks kathleen, can't raise anyone on the phone at her house, maybe she has gone to hospital. so thinking about that. will try her husbands' cell later. he is the blood relative so don't feel funny calling him.

Congratulations. That is wonderful. I'm thinking we are two lucky people right now.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'm thinking about whether I will feel up to going to my friend's house this evening, to have prayer time with her. We usually meet on Wed. evenings to pray together.

i'm thinking i am getting a cold or something, achy all over. i am also thinking if i want to cook or order take out.

Back
Top Bottom