What's on your mind right now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My grandmother would have turned 100 years old today. She passed away this past June.....she almost made it. I miss her something terrible. This will be the first time in over 30 yrs. that I didn't bake a yellow cake with white frosting and coconut. It was her favorite and I always made it for her.

Barb

all I have to do today.
have my new cars' stereo re-installed.
get meds for me and mom, ooops, I mean mom and me.
figure out dinner.
no voting, been there done that already.
organize daughters room, get things ordered to go in there.
go to bank and do a secret deposit that hubby will love me for later when he realizes what I put in there.
my family and the things we're going through.
praying for Barb L and Kades as that's always on my mind.
spreading blessings galore to all. except them or don't that's up to the receiver...

today i am thinking about the election and what it means for our beloved country. the direction we will move and hopefully make it better for everyone.

handyman here working on my walk in closet. putting in shelves and painting it. he is not making much progress. sure would like to get all this stuff back in the closet.

worrying about my daughter, she has a lot on her plate right now. the economy has cost her , the two biggest accounts she had. both were car dealers, she had done for over fifteen years. she is fearful she will lose her business entirely. her daughter, my granddaughter is having serious problems in school and at home. she is so concerned about her and trying to get her some counseling

Had a go to the center appointment today..Geez I hate going there..DH feels it's his duty to open his mouth and tell things I'm not ready to tell them..Then the questions begin and lets try this med. well folks today I told em all to take their meds and go play house. I am not taking stuff to make me sleepy all day long..I do not want ot be a zombie..DH is on his last legs of going to the center with me if he opens his yap on more time it's all over for him...There are things that are private and I hate having someone blab...Arghhhhh..Am I being to fussy? I am so private that this kind of thing really rattles my cage..I need a few prayers for this guys...
kadesma

Had a go to the center appointment today..Geez I hate going there..DH feels it's his duty to open his mouth and tell things I'm not ready to tell them..Then the questions begin and lets try this med. well folks today I told em all to take their meds and go play house. I am not taking stuff to make me sleepy all day long..I do not want ot be a zombie..DH is on his last legs of going to the center with me if he opens his yap on more time it's all over for him...There are things that are private and I hate having someone blab...Arghhhhh..Am I being to fussy? I am so private that this kind of thing really rattles my cage..I need a few prayers for this guys...
kadesma

he better start abiding by your wishes, that's what he needs to do. Dang it cj, you want me to come rope his butt to the bull for you?:mad:;)

I'm worried about my grandmother who turned 97 in June. She lives in a home with 5 other seniors. They call her the baby. She fell last week and broke her shoulder and bumped her head. Not what she needed. She is not good.
My mother went in for surgery they found a growth on her thyroid. It was originaly going to be an out-patient surgery but it turned into 3 hours and 3 days in the hospital. She is using a walker and her back is killing her.
At least they are both on the mend.
Thanks for listening.
I won't tell you about my ingrown toenail. sheeeesh.

I'm worried about my grandmother who turned 97 in June. She lives in a home with 5 other seniors. They call her the baby. She fell last week and broke her shoulder and bumped her head. Not what she needed. She is not good.
My mother went in for surgery they found a growth on her thyroid. It was originaly going to be an out-patient surgery but it turned into 3 hours and 3 days in the hospital. She is using a walker and her back is killing her.
At least they are both on the mend.
Thanks for listening.
I won't tell you about my ingrown toenail. sheeeesh.

oh wow, what a time for you!! I'm sorry, but, I'm glad they are both mending.
put heat on the ingrown, lol:-p

I'm worried about my grandmother who turned 97 in June. She lives in a home with 5 other seniors. They call her the baby. She fell last week and broke her shoulder and bumped her head. Not what she needed. She is not good.My mother went in for surgery they found a growth on her thyroid. It was originaly going to be an out-patient surgery but it turned into 3 hours and 3 days in the hospital. She is using a walker and her back is killing her.At least they are both on the mend.
Thanks for listening. I won't tell you about my ingrown toenail. sheeeesh.
ChefMal, sorry for your family illnesses. Like you say, both on the mend. Now about your ingrown toenail, cut it straight across, not at an angle.
Also, I know this is gonna bug you or even hurt but lifting the side that is turned in a bit and placing the smallest amount of cotton under the corner will force it to grow out. You'll have to do this everyday as with bathing etc. you'll be getting it wet so it won't be affective then but just a tiny piece of cotton every day. Also, one more thing, with a very good steady hand, in the middle of your toenail at the top of the growth, if you were to cut a V << just like that, it would force the toenail to grow from the middle of the toenail together forcing the sides that are ingrown to grow straight instead of into your sides and skin. Hope that makes sense, you can trust this if you can follow, I have two licenses and used to specialize in this in my past life. As with anything, it takes time, patience, continuance, and diligence. (or go see a Podiatrist and see what he/she does) eeeks!

Thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers. LEFSElover...I do have an appt. with the podiatrist. I have been trying to deal with these things for a few years now. I just can't seem to take care of it myself. I'm good for a few weeks, then right back to soaking and hurting. I am soooo done. The podiatrist is considering carterizing (spelling?) the toenail to stop the growth. Probably won't look real great but I don't care anymore I just want to be able to put on shoes and walk again.

Barb L and Kades and MM.
keeping up with my prayers for them and keeping them in my thoughts are concerns.
my bathroom remodel.
what it's costing me.
our daughters inappropriate ribbing about the events of the last 24 hours.
sons poor decision.
dementia taking over where brilliance used to be and me having a hard time with that.
the doctor apt that too way too many hours today.
hoping I get enough sleep tonight cause tomorrow's coming way too early
my phone and getting messages off of hubby's and on to mine.
how I know GIG

My Daddy. Silly, isn't it, since I'm almost 60-years old.

He died when I was in my early 20s. Knew him for such a short while.

Today is the 35th anniversary of his death and, as it turned out, I had to deliver some furniture to a customer in the same town where he is buried. (I know I didn't structure that last sentence correctly, but that's the least of my concerns at the moment.)

At any rate, my customer was delighted with the furniture job and even prepared lunch for me.

After I left her house, I went to the cemetery and had a "talk" and a good cry with Daddy. Told him how much I loved him and how much I missed Buck and that I hoped they were enjoying each other's company in Heaven.

Guess my two most loved men are on my mind right now.

My son, he's having a hard time dealing with the loss of his grandmother who passed away on monday morning. I had to pick him up at school yesterday. His teacher said he came to her class crying. This morning he was crying so I just kept him home. I may do the same tomarrow also. The funeral is monday and I hope it will give him some closure.
And also I'm dreading the funeral due to the fact that there's going to be people there that I simply despise. One of which is a convicted child molester.
I just have to remember the reason I'm there, for my son, my husband and his wonderful mother. Lord give me strength!

Last edited:
My Daddy. Silly, isn't it, since I'm almost 60-years old.

He died when I was in my early 20s. Knew him for such a short while.

Today is the 35th anniversary of his death and, as it turned out, I had to deliver some furniture to a customer in the same town where he is buried. (I know I didn't structure that last sentence correctly, but that's the least of my concerns at the moment.)

At any rate, my customer was delighted with the furniture job and even prepared lunch for me.

After I left her house, I went to the cemetery and had a "talk" and a good cry with Daddy. Told him how much I loved him and how much I missed Buck and that I hoped they were enjoying each other's company in Heaven.

Guess my two most loved men are on my mind right now.
Not silly Katie,
I miss my dad each and every day..Not one day goes by that I don't think oh boy dad would, gee dad loved these..He is with me in all I do..I sometimes wake at night dreaming of him and mom..Both are always right on the edge of everything I do.So, your missing your dad to me is as natural as each breath we take.
kadesma

My son, he's having a hard time dealing with the loss of his grandmother who passed away on monday morning. I had to pick him up at school yesterday. His teacher said he came to her class crying. This morning he was crying so I just kept him home. I may do the same tomarrow also. The funeral is monday and I hope it will give him some closure.
And also I'm dreading the funeral due to the fact that there's going to be people there that I simply despise. One of which is a convicted child molester.
I just have to remember the reason I'm there, for my son, my husband and his wonderful mother. Lord give me strength!
Oh I'm so sorry about your son..Children take things so hard, he might be a little angry that his gramma left him, he might be afraid of what waits for him, we don't know unless he is willing to talk. If not just be by his side let him know it's okay to cry and that you are there if he needs you..As to people you despise, they don't count,look right through them as if they don't exist..You son, DH and your late mother-in- law. Think only of them.. Hate just eats you up, you don't need that.You all will be in my thoughts and prayers..Take care, love each other.
kadesma

My border. He is in the final month of his appliance repair course and trying to decide what to do after - go home to Quebec where he will have to rewrite a couple of tickets or work here for a year to get some experience (but he misses his family). I would love for him to stay on with us, but know that he has to do what is right for him.

And my hubby who has a very important job interview tomorrow morning and in preparation is having to study both to upgrade his first aid and get his license for large passenger vehicles. He really wants this job and yet doesn't want to prepare to much and get his hopes too high.

My "two men" have a lot on THEIR minds right now so it is only natural that they are on mine.

Back
Top Bottom