"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #411
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
I'm thinking about my husband at work and how 8 days ago the doctors removed the feeding tube from his 80 year old mother because there's no hope for her. I truly see the strength in him that I fell in love with over 16 years ago.
Well she held on for a total of 32 days. My MIL passed away at 5:50 this morning. She went quietly and was in no pain. She is in God's hands now and I'm sure she is back to her old self, talking up a storm, dancing with her DH and seeing all the people who passed before her that she loved so much. We will miss our MeMa, but we find some comfort in that she is no longer suffering with Dementia. What a horrible disease.
My saga continues as my mother also has moderate symtoms of Dementia. I am the only one of her 4 children that is willing to care for her. At least I won't have that on my conscience when she's gone.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #412
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
good wishes and hugs being sent you and your husband.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #413
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
Well she held on for a total of 32 days. My MIL passed away at 5:50 this morning. She went quietly and was in no pain. She is in God's hands now and I'm sure she is back to her old self, talking up a storm, dancing with her DH and seeing all the people who passed before her that she loved so much. We will miss our MeMa, but we find some comfort in that she is no longer suffering with Dementia. What a horrible disease.
My saga continues as my mother also has moderate symtoms of Dementia. I am the only one of her 4 children that is willing to care for her. At least I won't have that on my conscience when she's gone.
And you can be so proud of yourself...I know what a horrid thing dementia can be..My Mom had the beginnings of it and I know part of it was missing my father so very much. She made it 4 years after losing him then it started...To this day I still ache for the both of them and miss them so very much. But I will never be sorry that I took care of the two of them. Yes it was hard, but the rewards now are peace of mind and knowing that one day we will all be together again. You make me proud to know you..Bless you for what you do.
kadesma
Old 11-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #414
Senior Cook

My thoughts and prayers are with you goomk. I know of what you speak with the dementia. My mom has it and is in an assisted living as it's not possible to take care of her here. She's also wheelchair bound. I am also one of four kids that do it all for her. It's hard but the rewards are tenfold in what you are doing.
Know that you are a special person and you and your family are in my thoughts! God bless you.

Barb
Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #415
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
45 minutes isn't enough sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #416
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Well who could sleep if they were you???
You must be like the kids in the DisneyWorld vacation commercial....
We're too excited to sleep!!!
:)
Old 11-04-2008, 06:12 AM   #417
Chef Extraordinaire

lol! I'm so glad you woke up!! I wanted to say good bye!!!!

GOOD BYE!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:14 AM   #418
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Have a super good flight and dont grind your teeth too much...
If Mom gets to be too much just go tell Jose C about it!
:)
Old 11-04-2008, 06:15 AM   #419
Chef Extraordinaire

I think Jose and I are going to have some pretty good conversations. Starting the moment we land! lol

Hey, do you have an email that you can be reached at?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #420
Master Chef

Wanting that phone call.
Hoping my son does sign up.
Christmas!