"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

is anyone else as excited for corazon to have her baby as i am?

i've been thinking back to the day when my son was born, and it's so cool that you are just right there, on that wonderful precipice of the miracle of life. all the hope and wonder of a new life is burgeoning, nearly bursting at the seams. a little bit more of god is about to come to earth...
how cool is that?!!!!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:34 AM   #42
Executive Chef

Thanks Bucky! You've made my day!

Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #43
Master Chef

Im waiting waiting waiting

And what's on my mind, Nascar store has ticked me off to know end!!! I ordered DH cap 3 weeks ago and it's been showing waiting inverntory, this morning I check and it says backordered!!! I am soooooo ANGRY!!!
NFL has their shirts just waiting for the champions and they are on the racks that day! Nascar has known that Stewart would win for weeks, if not months!! AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Now I've got corazon's baby on my mind. Best wishes that all goes smoothly!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
A new baby for the DC family!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #46
Executive Chef

Thanks guys! I appreciate the warm thoughts! Saw the doc yesterday and looks like the baby is moving down and is settled on my pelvis. It sure feels like it too, my bones feel sore after sitting for a long time and have been getting some wierd nerve pain but all is normal. I swear, this baby is trying to kick it's way out the side of my belly. Boy or girl, I think it will be a kick boxer, those kicks can hurt sometimes, it is a strong baby.

Also on my mind is how glad I am that Aidan fell asleep on the drive home. Now for a peaceful evening, while I can still have them, and an early bedtime.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:47 AM   #47
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Always Hungry
Trying not to let the limbo of a new job in the new year get to me. I've been
put on hold and it's maddening at times. I just want some stability and
a steady pattern for work. I know other people have it worse, but that's what the thread asked :)
Old 12-15-2005, 01:53 AM   #48
Contest Winner

Lightbulb

How Much You all Here on DC mean to Barbara and I ............
May You all get Your Hearts Desires and so much more !!!!!
Love To You All where ever You Are ! James
Old 12-15-2005, 01:54 AM   #49
Traveling Welcome Wagon

One thing that is on my mind is something that Corazon's kick-boxing baby made me think of--babies kicking or not kicking. My mom said I kicked so much that when she was in a car accident and I didn't kick for 30 minutes, she thought I was dead! I still can't keep my legs still. In fact, I wonder if I have Restless Leg Syndrome. Anyway, back to babies kicking--My daughter Nancy never kicked once. Not once through my entire pregnancy. One time I got a very gentle "boop" but it wasn't really a kick. Nancy rolled gently and hiccupped a lot!

The other thing that is on my mind is that I wish we could see our grandkids, and Nancy (daughter), Garett (son-in-law), my dad, Justin (nephew), and Diana (sister). But especially our grandkids. We haven't seen them in over 2 1/2 years. Andrew is 7 now, and Hannah is 4. It is SO hard not to be able to see them. We just can't afford it.

Barbara
Old 12-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #50
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
The other thing that is on my mind is that I wish we could see our grandkids, and Nancy (daughter), Garett (son-in-law), my dad, Justin (nephew), and Diana (sister). But especially our grandkids. We haven't seen them in over 2 1/2 years. Andrew is 7 now, and Hannah is 4. It is SO hard not to be able to see them. We just can't afford it.
Barbara
I understand how you both must feel. My parents and most of my family live in New Mexico, we are in Washington, my sister live in NYC and the rest of my family is in Scotland. We are distant from all of them and it's hard having kids without family around. My son is growing up so fast, as all children do.