"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Today is my regular every two-week trip to "town" to get supplies, etc.

I left at 9:15 a.m. and drove the almost 30 miles to my destination. Had to first meet with a new customer about restoring some oak dining chairs. Picked up two chairs and then headed on to my day of in-and-out of the car.

Had a bit of a respite when I visited with and had lunch with a good friend. We went to a new restaurant and had a wonderful lunch. Browsed antiques shops and boutiques on the way back to his jewelry store. The weather was postcard perfect so it was a nice walk back to his store.

When it was all said and done, I drove 88 miles, made 23 stops and arrived home at 6 p.m. Looooong day. Glad it's only every two weeks.

Thank goodness Buck cooks dinner on these days.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
OK, I definitely like Pacanis's schedule better than Suzie's!!!!

Hey I squeezed in a 2 mile whole family walk AND Dairy Queen after dinner!!!!
ALl work and no play makes Suzi a...... tired person.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
Hey I squeezed in a 2 mile whole family walk AND Dairy Queen after dinner!!!!
ALl work and no play makes Suzi a...... tired person.
How do you get Lego girl to walk 2 miles? Fisher can do it but I'm not sure he would if I wanted him to.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:30 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
How do you get Lego girl to walk 2 miles? Fisher can do it but I'm not sure he would if I wanted him to.
She and Melon boy get to cheat, we bring the wagon. 8 yr old rides his bike.
All we need to complete the ensemble (sp?) is clown suits and a teeny car!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
today.... lets see... see yesterdays plans and take away the lunch with friends and replace it with a bus ride into the Golden zone for some window shopping. Every thing else will be pretty much the same.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Your schedule sounds more fun than mine. Mine is to avoid going anywhere that might tempt me to spend money because pay day isn't until tomorrow. That pretty much means I'm staying home. So I will pitter around the house doing chores a pregnant woman shouldn't do to try and make the baby come, and then go for a maternal checkup at 3:45 to see if there is ANY progress. Then I'll take my accident prone child to get his stitches removed, cook some dinner, make some shakes...that sort of thing.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #17
Senior Cook

I woke up at 5AM, took a shower, got dressed for work, went to work at 6AM. 17 mile drive, got to work at 6:57AM. Now I'm at work, working. At 3PM I'll go home, and it'll take nearly another hour to make the 17 mile drive. Get home close to 4PM, make dinner for the wife, have dinner and watch some TV. Then I have to work on my research paper and look into apartments/townhomes/condos for when I have to move in July. Go to bed around 9PM and repeat tomorrow. Also throw in cleaning, dishes, etc. in any "spare time" I may have.

Not quite as much fun as some of you here! It's going to be a very hectic couple of years until I finish my degree...and then I'm going to be stupid and get my MBA so add two more years onto the two(ish) years I have left right now.

But I'm not complaining...it'll all be worth it. In five years, I'll be making a ton of money to support my wife*, saving up for college funds for any kids I'll have, retirement, etc.; I'll most likely be a Project Manager by then, I'll be done with all of my school (well...I do want to get my degree in mechanical engineering eventually), and I may even be a daddy at that point! Hard work now pays off later. And my wife and I do make time for hobbies or going out together a few times every month.

* - Note, funds will also be used to support my insanely expensive hobbies. ;)
Old 04-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #18
Executive Chef

waking up with DS#2, Landons daddy, to get him off to work at 3:30am. coffee is set to go off @ 3:00 and his lunch/dinner/meal is made.

dental apt. @ 9:00 for me.
mowing lawns for the man of mine will take pretty much all day, they're big lawns.

may go see DS's best friend who got home from the hospital today. see how the day goes.

quest for a magazine for the hubster, Automobile Magazine April 2008 issue. can't find it anyway, even online. if you know how I can get one, yes, been to their web site, let me know please.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:34 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to Pesky_Human
Gesso 5 panels. Allow to dry. Sand. Repeat 6 times.
Practice graffiti techniques.
Sketch out rough design for a business card and a website.
Drop off passport application at the post office.
Send in my incorporation papers to the state.
Practice DJ set for an upcoming show (first in 2 yrs. - yikes)
Convince this sick artist to do a show with me in 6 weeks.

Guess I should get off this board and get going. Sheesh!

----
www.peskyhumans.com
Pesky_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Last day in Mexico.. I head home tomorrow... this is making me grumpy! LOL.

I really don't have a plan for today, I finished most of my packing last night. I'm leaving almost everything I brought here so I just have one back pack to carry on the plane.

I'll be very lazy today... as soon as the sun is up I'll head out to the beach for a long walk and then laze and drink the rest of the day away.