What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
today, i'm cleaning! clutter & dishes & stuff. other than that, i'm uncertain.

I work from home. Most of my actually "work" takes place outside of my home but today is an in-home office day. It's a gorgeous picture perfect day so I can open the windows wide.

Pacanis - What a beautiful time of year to go to Presque Isle. I used to ride my bike there. I lived in Erie for 5 years when I was a kid. And BTW, I hear you on "gassing" up in Ohio. Whenenver we go to new york to visit family we stop at Exit 235 in Ohio and fill up the tank b4 we cross the border into PA.

Just took a big tray of zucchini-coconut bars out of the oven. Will frost with cinnamon confectioners' sugar frosting when completely cooled.

Have two baguettes on their second rise. Should go into the oven in about 15 minutes.

I'll spend some time today doing alterations on a young girl's prom gown. Have to shorten it 8 inches, take in the bodice and shorten the halter. She's short. It's going to take some time with the hem since there are 3 skirts in all. It's a very puffy dress.

Need to spend the afternoon writing. Have lots of columns that need to be finished.

Buck and I have resumed our warm weather practice of porch settin' now that the weather's agreeable. Lots of time to play with the kittens. We'll stay out on the porch until about 8 p.m., then come in for dinner.

DIL just took the DG's to her folks house for the day so that leaves me free to do work stuff around the house, prepare for my own work in a day or two, and go visit my mom to bathe her, do her hair and take some treats. plus, since it'll be quiet, I may just break out the vacuum and feather duster, oh, I 'am' feeling spry today. I'll also try to get in a visit to DS's friend at the hospital. if there are too many people there though, it only tires him out so I'll step in and look and go from there. depends too on the atmosphere and the mood.sorry, *in case of confusion, he was supposed to go home from the hospital which didn't work out that day, in the above post by me.

Last edited:
Watch tv, play online, dishes, laundry, clean bottom floor toilets, pick up kids from school, feed them a snack, help kids with homework, go walking with DH, fix dinner, watch American Idol

Been all over the place today, not done yet. Went shopping for a new fridge, it will be here tomorrow. I need to fold some laundry, then a little later I am taking out cat to the Humane Society. I love him and he's so sweet, but he keeps peeing in 1 room and I think I smell it in another since I shut him out of there. His box is and always has been kept immaculate.... I dont know what his problem is. Probably just doesnt like the kids, and I cant make them go to the Humane Society. I'm gonna cry.

oh Suzi, I'm sorry! I had to leave one of my cats there once, it's not easy.

Have you tried moving his litter box to the room he's using..or just putting it in a more private place? Lily Lily Queen of cats won't use her box if there's anyone watching or just passing by the room it's in. OR you can try to change the litter for a different kind... good luck!

He didnt start til Christina was born. I'm pretty sure its the kids making him unhappy. He is very tolerant of them, but it's not fair to him.
Brought him in yesterday, it was horrible. I cried all the way there and during the paperwork, this made the 4year old cry...... I felt so crappy. Today he's sitting in kitty jail wondering what the heck just happened. We've had him since he was 6 weeks.
Wow I feel worse again. I should hit the liqour store.....

Wish I had that bottle of wine to share with you....

Today the plan is...
pack...
wait for cab
go to airport.. wait for plane
fly to LA
go through the hassle of getting back into America
wait for plane
fly to seattle
find hubby and get a lot of hugs and kisses
get home and talk Lily out of being mad at me
and then spoil her a lot.
Shower
bed
sleep!

that my dear, is making all my housework sound like a grand old time today!
Oh, and I'll take the clowns for a walk again I'm sure, 77 and sun today!

77! I wish Seattle were going to be that warm... but... I have my doubts!\\

Have fun!!!

Yesterday we went to Mt Vernon for the tulip festival. It was sunny and fun.
I have pictures posted on the kids blog (click on link in my signature)
the kids had fun running around. Callum wanted to play in the mud and wouldn't stand still for photos but I think we still got some good ones.

After the tulips we went to the cute little town, La Conner, and had a great late lunch. Service was good and the food was good. We will be back to eat there again.

Drove back to Bellingham and went to a park so Aidan could fly his new kite.
We had such a nice day!
I'm afraid that today doesn't sound like much fun. I have to wait around for a package to be delivered, errands, laundry and the rain is coming down.

I'm leaving for work now. When I get home I will fix dinner. Since he has an interview tomorrow afternoon, James is coming home tonight, so I will get to eat with him tonight. :cool: I need to clean up the kitchen then, and wash dishes. And I will enter sweepstakes, which I try to do at least a little every night. And hopefully I will finally get around to changing keyboards. This one has been acting a little better. Instead of missing as many as 4 letters out of 10 it is now missing about 2. Still not good!

:)Barbara

I'm finishing the mopping, shower, pick up kids from school, fix dinner and keep packing suitcases.

Costco
Safeway
library
phamacy
starbucks
Post office
and a job interview...
then home to cook, clean and wash clothes!

woke up but a little late so.........
watched just the end of AI to see who got booted.
got the man off to work.
got me off to work.
waiting for me work day to start.
dinner at restaurant somewhere, don't know yet, not sure what hungry for.
magazines, fizzy water, bath, bed........

I don't make plans , only thing I schedule doctor visits or vet . ;)
Hubby wants to look at some mowers , whether he does or not is another story . He is such a procrasintor, the grass can be knee high before we get a mower . :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom