What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been "at it" ever since I got up this morning. Washed a load of laundry and put it on the line after breakfast.

Had thought I was going to work at the shop because a customer was to stop by to talk about fabric for her dining chairs. Her schedule changed. She's coming tomorrow instead, so I stayed home and finished working on a custom mattress and bumpers for a customer's 128-year-old baby cradle.

Whew! I finished the mattress and bumpers just after 1:30. I just kept working until I was done. This project has been hanging fire since before Buck died and I'm ready to get it out of the shop.

These are good customers. They brought more work to me about 2 weeks ago, which I've been working on.

When I finished my project, my little inner voice told me to check on the new kittens. Last night one of the orange ones was acting sort of listless. Went out on the porch and found him/her dead. Guess I'll be be digging a grave before porch settin' time. Poor little dear. Makes me feel bad for the others.

Made some lunch and feel like being lazy for the rest of the day, but there's still some writing work to do before tomorrow. Once that's done maybe I'll zone out for a while.

Haven't even given a thought about what to have for dinner tonight. I'll have to see what inspires me when the time comes.

Been "at it" ever since I got up this morning. Washed a load of laundry and put it on the line after breakfast.

Had thought I was going to work at the shop because a customer was to stop by to talk about fabric for her dining chairs. Her schedule changed. She's coming tomorrow instead, so I stayed home and finished working on a custom mattress and bumpers for a customer's 128-year-old baby cradle.

Whew! I finished the mattress and bumpers just after 1:30. I just kept working until I was done. This project has been hanging fire since before Buck died and I'm ready to get it out of the shop.

These are good customers. They brought more work to me about 2 weeks ago, which I've been working on.

When I finished my project, my little inner voice told me to check on the new kittens. Last night one of the orange ones was acting sort of listless. Went out on the porch and found him/her dead. Guess I'll be be digging a grave before porch settin' time. Poor little dear. Makes me feel bad for the others.

Made some lunch and feel like being lazy for the rest of the day, but there's still some writing work to do before tomorrow. Once that's done maybe I'll zone out for a while.

Haven't even given a thought about what to have for dinner tonight. I'll have to see what inspires me when the time comes.

awww , I feel bad about the kitten. You accomplished a lot today . Take care of yourself and don't work too hard.
LC

Think I'll be going out tonight if all goes to plan, if not I'm happy to stay in on a Friday night and watch movies :mrgreen:

Picked up my kitten from the animal hospital. Set him up in a confined area for quarantine for 2 weeks. Start giving him his meds at 6 pm.

put away the rest of stuff i bought at big lots yesterday. clean off kitchen counter, loaded dishwasher and ran it. emptied a couple trash cans.

read paper cover to cover. report on demo convention.

did a little decorating in small bathroom make over.

dc. and now a nap is in my future

babe:cool:

I am SO tired I don't have anything more planned for today but to sit my b-tt on the couch and munch on anything. I'm on 6 hours of sleep so my body is feeling it...argh. I was up at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school, took 2 of them to school. Did 2 hours of grocery shopping then put everything away. Skipped lunch~I don't know why I wasn't hungry today. Waited for the cable repairman to show up. Cleaned kitchen, ceiling fans, did some laundry, went to apply at another district, got some gasoline in the Armada, picked up boys from school. Medicated my little one cause he's coming down with a cold. I'm fixing to go pick up daughter from school now. I'm done!!! I refuse to move another muscle today.

I know what you mean, Dina. Mine's emotional tired. Started the day at the area ambulance service office to deliver a $420 insurance check for the $600 service fee for Buck's trip to the first hospital. The ambulance director asked if the deductible had been met. Told him that the insurance "mess" was so complex I could hardy unravel it. He asked me if I had the printout that came with the check. As it turned out, I did. He took it; went to the computer, hit a couple of keys and handed me a revised bill. $28. I was happy. Lots better than $180.

Next stop was the insurance office to make a payment on shop insurance and to deal with changing the beneficiaries on my life insurance. After Buck, it's difficult dealing with my own mortality.

Finally, made it to the shop. Prepared the custom mattress and bumpers (for delivery - appropriate pun, yes) for the very, very old cradle I told you about earlier. Called the customer to let them know it was ready.

Busied myself with redoing the seats of some very old dining room chairs. Needlepoint. Beautiful, but the seats looked as though someone had had a serious meal of beans, if you get my drift. They were really "blown out." Needed completely new webbing, etc. Tack, tack, tack. Staple, staple, staple.

Lady who was supposed to have been here yesterday to look at her finished dining room chairs arrived, with her husband, and was more than pleased with the end result. Yeah!!!!! I did good. Buck was a good teacher.

She contracted for me to upholster the seats, too. Not only that, they're going to bring their dining room table for refinishing. Whoa! Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

Came home in a light rain and had some lunch. Afternoon spent doing research and writing. Had my regular "Friday night" conversation with my mother-in-law in Pennsylvania. What a lady! Can't tell you how much I love her!! She's awesome.

Sadly, before I came inside, I buried the kitten who died. Thankfully, the rain softened the hard ground enough for me to get a spade into it.

At the moment I'm on pins and needles cheering on my youngest brother who is performing in a community theatre opening night of Chicago. I'm not there - he's 50 miles away - but I'm there in spirit. I'll see the performance on September 12th.

Gotta think of dinner. Probably leftover "something." I'm spent.

Saturday
wake up
shower
leftover pizza
ride bike
open shop
coffee
customers
computer
PM's
work 3 hours
ride bike
arrive home
beer
prepare ribs
beer
prepare grill
beer
computer
ribs on grill
beer
check grill
beer
computer
check grill
beer
check grill
beer
computer
doorbell
friends
beer
check grill
beer
doorbell
wine
doorbell
beer
check grill....

....you ge the picture....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

was up at 6:30, gave kitten his meds, scooped the litter box , refill his water bowl with fresh water, refill his food bowl. Fed other cats. Scoop out the other litterboxes, let the dog out, let dog in, fed dog. made coffee, did 2 loads of laundry, drying more laundry. made omelet for breakfast. spend about half hour with kitten in the room where he is confined. plan to cook bratwurst for supper.
watch pbs , america's test kitchen , lidia's and ciao Italia.

work all day.

work all night.

are you guys as sick of hearing about me work yet? well, guess how sick i am of being at work. go ahead, guess.

speechless-smiley-002.gif

1. Dream about all the ways I can torture everyone who works at PayPal (or at least the ones who answer the phones).

2. Shower and get dressed (I was up late, if you call 6:00 a.m. late, and since waking up have been dealing with PayPal, but they aren't my pals right now).

3. Send buckytom a PM (I wrote it earlier but one of the PP people we talked to said to exit out of everything, and I didn't remember I had the PM waiting to be sent :angry: ).

4. Go out for lunch. :cool:

5. Go to an antique shop we saw last night as we were looking for a hotel. :cool:

6. Go out for supper. :cool:

7. Hang out at the hotel (maybe in the pool, which is right next to our room, checking out DC, lying around like a lump, eating junk--I think I've gained 7,049 pounds on the trip--, etc.).

:)Barbara

Late start for me today after being on the phone until 2 a.m. with my youngest brother. Last night was the opening performance of Chicago. He was on an actor's "opening night high." Can't believe we talked for over 2 hours.

Was lazy this morning and did the daily chores in slow motion. I wasn't too hungry so I had a bowl of cereal and juice for breakfast.

Today's mail was more positive than usual. Received a communication from the insurance company notifying me that they'd approved and paid the $13,000+ bill from the airlift company for Buck's transport from here to Nashville. Yeah!!!! Can check that headache off my list.

Also received two coupons for "free" boxes of Cheerios. Max value $5 for each. Works for me. I'm going shopping on Wednesday and a free box of cereal sounds like a plan.

Later in the morning I had an appointment with a potential new shop customer. Got the job. More dining chairs. I'm becoming the queen of chairs. There are so many in the shop now I could start a classroom.

Gonna play it lazy the rest of the day. My sweet tooth has been annoying me so I may make a batch of cake mix cookies. I'll see how motivated I am in a little while. Right now I just want to take a nap.

...Today's mail was more positive than usual. Received a communication from the insurance company notifying me that they'd approved and paid the $13,000+ bill from the airlift company for Buck's transport from here to Nashville. Yeah!!!! Can check that headache off my list...
WooHoo! That has to be such a load off of your mind! Prayers are being answered!

:)Barbara

up early
coffee, grits for me, donuts for dh
watered plants outside
played with pooches
off to walmart
laundry is being done now
fix table tv sits on in bedroom, husband got hairbrained ideas involving me
lunch for him, none for me
iced tea
computer for work schedule
online looking for a baguette recipe that is pure perfection for my gf
rest up before dinner
conjer up our meal
no plans now for weekend getaway
bed early
early day tomorrow

Up early and off to Frankfort Fest, a wonderful craft fair held every year on Labor Day weekend. I found some lovely things, so I'm a happy lady.
No idea, what to make for dinner.

We're having a long windy, rainy day today - perfect for putting up some garden veggies. This morning, I froze four ice-cube trays of chopped basil in water and picked a bunch of Kung Pao peppers, tomatoes and Anaheim peppers this morning before the storm.

DH and I went to the Feed 'n Seed store during a pocket of dry weather and bought a case of canning jars. I'm not going to can, but I have several pounds of tomatoes that will be frozen sauce later this afternoon. I'm also going to make a few more batches of pesto and roast, peel and chop some Anaheim chiles for the freezer. I guess I could leave some of them whole, after roasting and peeling, for stuffing later. If I have time, I might make a batch of chile sauce.

Back
Top Bottom