"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #21
Master Chef

today, i'm cleaning! clutter & dishes & stuff. other than that, i'm uncertain.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #22
Sous Chef

I work from home. Most of my actually "work" takes place outside of my home but today is an in-home office day. It's a gorgeous picture perfect day so I can open the windows wide.

Pacanis - What a beautiful time of year to go to Presque Isle. I used to ride my bike there. I lived in Erie for 5 years when I was a kid. And BTW, I hear you on "gassing" up in Ohio. Whenenver we go to new york to visit family we stop at Exit 235 in Ohio and fill up the tank b4 we cross the border into PA.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Dishes, laundry, clean the bathroom, get the kid from school, make dinner then go bowling.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just took a big tray of zucchini-coconut bars out of the oven. Will frost with cinnamon confectioners' sugar frosting when completely cooled.

Have two baguettes on their second rise. Should go into the oven in about 15 minutes.

I'll spend some time today doing alterations on a young girl's prom gown. Have to shorten it 8 inches, take in the bodice and shorten the halter. She's short. It's going to take some time with the hem since there are 3 skirts in all. It's a very puffy dress.

Need to spend the afternoon writing. Have lots of columns that need to be finished.

Buck and I have resumed our warm weather practice of porch settin' now that the weather's agreeable. Lots of time to play with the kittens. We'll stay out on the porch until about 8 p.m., then come in for dinner.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #25
Executive Chef

DIL just took the DG's to her folks house for the day so that leaves me free to do work stuff around the house, prepare for my own work in a day or two, and go visit my mom to bathe her, do her hair and take some treats. plus, since it'll be quiet, I may just break out the vacuum and feather duster, oh, I 'am' feeling spry today. I'll also try to get in a visit to DS's friend at the hospital. if there are too many people there though, it only tires him out so I'll step in and look and go from there. depends too on the atmosphere and the mood.sorry, *in case of confusion, he was supposed to go home from the hospital which didn't work out that day, in the above post by me.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

as little as possible, lol, excuse? knees still hurt so need to stay off feet.

babe
Old 04-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Watch tv, play online, dishes, laundry, clean bottom floor toilets, pick up kids from school, feed them a snack, help kids with homework, go walking with DH, fix dinner, watch American Idol
Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Been all over the place today, not done yet. Went shopping for a new fridge, it will be here tomorrow. I need to fold some laundry, then a little later I am taking out cat to the Humane Society. I love him and he's so sweet, but he keeps peeing in 1 room and I think I smell it in another since I shut him out of there. His box is and always has been kept immaculate.... I dont know what his problem is. Probably just doesnt like the kids, and I cant make them go to the Humane Society. I'm gonna cry.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
oh Suzi, I'm sorry! I had to leave one of my cats there once, it's not easy.

Have you tried moving his litter box to the room he's using..or just putting it in a more private place? Lily Lily Queen of cats won't use her box if there's anyone watching or just passing by the room it's in. OR you can try to change the litter for a different kind... good luck!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
He didnt start til Christina was born. I'm pretty sure its the kids making him unhappy. He is very tolerant of them, but it's not fair to him.
Brought him in yesterday, it was horrible. I cried all the way there and during the paperwork, this made the 4year old cry...... I felt so crappy. Today he's sitting in kitty jail wondering what the heck just happened. We've had him since he was 6 weeks.
Wow I feel worse again. I should hit the liqour store.....