What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, Babe, we didn't see the inlaws, did get cell phones, missed the cake supply store and were able to have a relaxing dinner out and enjoy the party for our friends. I also had a wonderful visit in the afternoon with my friend. I actually didn't overdo it and my leg is holding up quite well. Now to bed for a good long sleep. Glad you had a restful day. Mine will be tomorrow.

up early
breakfast, coffee
checked out of hotel
in rental car driving to Mount Vernon
freeway closed due to SP and the MC bus going to Fredricksburg, Va
lunch dunno
dinner dunno
hotel for tonight, set up

Up
Paul made coffe
I made his lunch (easy since I just packed up the left overs from last night)
sat and talked for awhile
dc, job search, shower, ironing ( did a lot last night)
dishes, clothes, tanning, costco to pick up glasses, tanning,
safeway, call bank, paperwork, dinner, tv, dc, hugs, kisses, bedtime.

slept in way too long
Feed pups and me
make about a dozen phone calls
make cookies to take tomorrow night
exercise and go for walk
If weather cooperates practice on stairs by office
change bed, wash sheets and towels.
having supper on my own so must figure something out.
oh yah, fit in some rest and/or nap in there!

already did several, kitchen and watered the outside plants. swept kitchen floor.
sewing to do (at least get apron cut out)
nap first
clean bathroom including floor
dinner
tv and book
bedtime

I have a doctor's appointment for 1:15 pm. I hate going to doctors, waiting and waiting til finally called in to the examination room.

We went to the office and it was closed ! It snowed and the power was out, I guess they couldn't phone us to let us know before we rode 30 minutes on snow covered roads to get there. Hubby will have to phone on Wed. to reschedule appt. for me.

Last edited:
Up and shower
feed me and dogs
Physio at 11:00 (which means being ready for my bus at 10:15)
Do laundry I didn't get to yesterday
Do something with pork chops for dinner
Rest so I can go out tonight.

Not really, we get together with friends every Tuesday and take turns bringing dessert. It is my turn so I made GRK's special cookies.

Installed printer driver in hubby's new computer, set the printer up.
baking 2 loaves Artisan bread.
Made mac and cheese.

well, i had 2 days planned, I just ended up switching them around.

Today was GONNA be....
drop sons inhaler off at school
(why they wont let them bring it themselves anymore REALLY bugs me)
come back and get the rest of the crew
family trip to walmart ( or as I call it a date)
stop at post office to mail some things to friends
(this is still bothering me you guys...)
home
lunch
crochet
dc
make dinner
eat
dc
usual evening stuff...

BUT

car was blinking the battery light on DH's way home from work this morning so he thought he had to fix it.
turns out its PROBABLY just a loose wire (I hope, final verdict will be his trip back to work tonight)
So we stayed home and...
LAUNDRY
cut out Halloween sugar cookies w/ little 2
DC ALOT!!!!!
clean a few bathrooms
lunch
start swiss steak
shower
dc again
I dont know what between now and kids in bed, besides eat.

Pray for me that the car is ok and I can SHOP tomorrow!!!!!

My "job" on Tuesdays is reading to a couple of friends. One is blind, the other is severely crippled with arthritis. One asked me on Friday if there was something they could do to contribute to society in general. One of their care-givers is having a problem with her son, second grade, in grammar and science. She was getting ready to spend some hard-earned money to enroll him in Sylvan. I told her, "hold on a minute, I have many friends who are teachers, let me call them before you spend that." For some reason (duh) it occurred to me that .... well, heck, I can do it. She called her son's teacher, who happens to know me because of my writing. He is going to send me lessons. My blind and arthritic friends are tickled that it is going to be a group project. The child is thrilled because he thought he was stuck with just another school project that he could fail at. I'm SO pleased. So I'm going to start coaching grammar. I'm rather excited about the project.

Claire, that is so fantastic! It is a win-win-win-win situation! I am thrilled for you, the boy and your challanged friends. Please keep us posted on how it goes!

up early
coffee, lunch, coffee to go
unwind
unpack
do laundry from dc trip
change sheets two bedrooms
wash kitchen floor
pay girls who fed dogs
call dr about exam
bathe
register iPhone [am keeping it]
figure out dinner or not
settle in for the night
await the baby and his fiance to arrive for the night

made a big pot of chicken soup with lots and lots of vegs. in it
played on puter a lot
got supplies together to knit an Afghan.
took out trash
mailed ballot
got out supplies to make sugar cookies. no trick or treaters here so just for my two great grandbabies.
watch tv
read magazines
knit
bedtime
had a fun day actually just putzing around

Cleaned out my freezer, got rid of all freezer burned food, I hate waste. Now that I have a Food Saver, should be much less waste. When I pick up the free turkey, now I have room in the freezer.

I'm being a bum today... took time off work. I'm gonna try to do as little as possible!!! OH... I need a hair cut! A trip to the beauty salon is in order!

it looks like I am going to Hilton Head SC on Sunday for one week, so I am getting ready for being gone. In the kitchen today making rolls, my second go at calzones for dh's lunch box, and a pan of burritoes for his dinners..

unpack
wash clothes
take nap ( or naps as yawns come and go)
make Paul a wonderful "I'm home and I missed you dinner"
shower
computer, tv, clean house,
catch up on mail, bills and stuff....

Clean up after dogs in back yard before plumber gets here.
Console big dog who is upset because little dog got a care ride (to get a hair cut)
exercise before going to physio to make up for being bad yesterday with all the flood stuff
Fill out a damage report for the site manager
wait for plumber
wash all the old towels and sheets that have been used as sponges and barracades so we can use them again.
Nap as I didn't get much sleep
PTL that things weren't worse

Back
Top Bottom