"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #381
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
well i've had to start working more to be able to feed and clothe all these growing monsters.... oops.... munchkins.
I worked this morning, and starting friday I will be working fri-mon instead of only sat-sun. I guess it will be good..... for the checkbook and my sanity.... i need to get out away from the kids a little more.... but I wont feel very good about it..
Anyway, I digress....
today...
work
eat
say nite nite to overnight working DH
putzed in my neglected gardens
chill a few minutes
make dinner
do dishes
occupy kiddos til bedtime
wake up sleepy DH
chill again (maybe knit? I wanna knit.)
sleep.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #382
Chef Extraordinaire

planned nothing and that is what i did. dr. said to take it easy. no get up and go, anyway.

made and ate bout one half of breakfast. really brunch. didn't get up til 11 am. surfed the net, watched tv. took a short nap rather late. watch tv and now and on here. need to eat something and call it dinner. have pretty much the same thing planned for tomorrow.

babe

Old 08-20-2008, 03:06 AM   #383
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
well i've had to start working more to be able to feed and clothe all these growing monsters.... oops.... munchkins.
I worked this morning, and starting friday I will be working fri-mon instead of only sat-sun. I guess it will be good..... for the checkbook and my sanity.... i need to get out away from the kids a little more.... but I wont feel very good about it..
I know the feeling of having the kids all day long. My three kiddos start school on Monday and I'm looking forward to some ME time! Whew! It's been a busy summer with the kids. Lucky for you that you can get away from the kiddos when you go to work. LOL The thing is I have to go back to work with KIDS again! Argh!!! I'm an elementary teacher and will begin substituting this year. I feel I need at least a year of part time work in order to get the other stuff done (family, husband, house, etc.)

Today, we did some school clothes shopping for the kids, registered our 5 year old for soccer, hubby to be the soccer coach and 14 year old son to referee. Our daughter still has a bit more shopping to finish up tomorrow. Sigh! I hope this is over soon. Had coffee and diet coke late this p.m. just to keep up with the kiddos and now I can't go to sleep...argh! I'm really tired but can't sleep.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 AM   #384
Executive Chef

set alarm for 4 am, clock was wrong, didn't check, it went off at 4 but was really only 3 am, so, I'm up
work
home
dinner
snuggle
sleep
Old 08-20-2008, 06:01 AM   #385
Senior Cook

Today, working and then seeing a friend later I hope. I did miss my bus this morning which was really annoying... I couldnt unlock the door and saw it go past after running around to the back door, made me a good 15 mins late!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #386
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Another busy one.
Shower
grocery shop
put food away
clean
weed garden
move more marigolds
cook dinner
eat dinner
walk
kids in bed
chill
sleepy
Old 08-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #387
Master Chef

Take youngest to & from school and either tackle the upstairs or the garage....I didn't get to either yesterday. I also need to paint what trim we have cut for the diningroom/family room. Other than that nothing else comes to mind.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #388
Master Chef

well so far, had to feed cats, clean up broken glass on the floor, clean up dog barf, refill bird feeders , trying to have my coffee , so far it's not even 9 am yet. I don't know about the rest of the day, pet store for cat/kitten food, grocery store for people food.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #389
Traveling Welcome Wagon

One of the things on our schedule for today is to try out a local pizza place Michelemarie and her husband told us about. Yum!

The biggest thing on our schedule is going to our first in-person Chicago Cubs game. WooHoo!

Barbara
Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #390
Executive Chef

Busy day for me....

Hardware store for dust mask & zip ties
Chinatown for Geisha girl dress, shoes & parasol (Burning Man costume)
Best Buy for couple things
Post Office for stamps
Return headlamp at Sports Basement
Back home to work and get ready for dinner later tonight at The House of Prime Rib....luckily for me they have 1 fish dish!