"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #441
Senior Cook

Today I'm going to be lazy

Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #442
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Been "at it" ever since I got up this morning. Washed a load of laundry and put it on the line after breakfast.

Had thought I was going to work at the shop because a customer was to stop by to talk about fabric for her dining chairs. Her schedule changed. She's coming tomorrow instead, so I stayed home and finished working on a custom mattress and bumpers for a customer's 128-year-old baby cradle.

Whew! I finished the mattress and bumpers just after 1:30. I just kept working until I was done. This project has been hanging fire since before Buck died and I'm ready to get it out of the shop.

These are good customers. They brought more work to me about 2 weeks ago, which I've been working on.

When I finished my project, my little inner voice told me to check on the new kittens. Last night one of the orange ones was acting sort of listless. Went out on the porch and found him/her dead. Guess I'll be be digging a grave before porch settin' time. Poor little dear. Makes me feel bad for the others.

Made some lunch and feel like being lazy for the rest of the day, but there's still some writing work to do before tomorrow. Once that's done maybe I'll zone out for a while.

Haven't even given a thought about what to have for dinner tonight. I'll have to see what inspires me when the time comes.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #443
Chef Extraordinaire

have a little energy today. friend and i going out for bout an hour to check at sales at two stores. that will probably do it for me.

no clue about dinner either, kate

babe
Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #444
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Been "at it" ever since I got up this morning. Washed a load of laundry and put it on the line after breakfast.

Had thought I was going to work at the shop because a customer was to stop by to talk about fabric for her dining chairs. Her schedule changed. She's coming tomorrow instead, so I stayed home and finished working on a custom mattress and bumpers for a customer's 128-year-old baby cradle.

Whew! I finished the mattress and bumpers just after 1:30. I just kept working until I was done. This project has been hanging fire since before Buck died and I'm ready to get it out of the shop.

These are good customers. They brought more work to me about 2 weeks ago, which I've been working on.

When I finished my project, my little inner voice told me to check on the new kittens. Last night one of the orange ones was acting sort of listless. Went out on the porch and found him/her dead. Guess I'll be be digging a grave before porch settin' time. Poor little dear. Makes me feel bad for the others.

Made some lunch and feel like being lazy for the rest of the day, but there's still some writing work to do before tomorrow. Once that's done maybe I'll zone out for a while.

Haven't even given a thought about what to have for dinner tonight. I'll have to see what inspires me when the time comes.
awww , I feel bad about the kitten. You accomplished a lot today . Take care of yourself and don't work too hard.
LC
Old 08-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #445
Senior Cook

Think I'll be going out tonight if all goes to plan, if not I'm happy to stay in on a Friday night and watch movies
Old 08-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #446
Master Chef

Picked up my kitten from the animal hospital. Set him up in a confined area for quarantine for 2 weeks. Start giving him his meds at 6 pm.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #447
Chef Extraordinaire

put away the rest of stuff i bought at big lots yesterday. clean off kitchen counter, loaded dishwasher and ran it. emptied a couple trash cans.

read paper cover to cover. report on demo convention.

did a little decorating in small bathroom make over.

dc. and now a nap is in my future

babe
Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #448
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I am SO tired I don't have anything more planned for today but to sit my b-tt on the couch and munch on anything. I'm on 6 hours of sleep so my body is feeling it...argh. I was up at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school, took 2 of them to school. Did 2 hours of grocery shopping then put everything away. Skipped lunch~I don't know why I wasn't hungry today. Waited for the cable repairman to show up. Cleaned kitchen, ceiling fans, did some laundry, went to apply at another district, got some gasoline in the Armada, picked up boys from school. Medicated my little one cause he's coming down with a cold. I'm fixing to go pick up daughter from school now. I'm done!!! I refuse to move another muscle today.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #449
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I know what you mean, Dina. Mine's emotional tired. Started the day at the area ambulance service office to deliver a $420 insurance check for the $600 service fee for Buck's trip to the first hospital. The ambulance director asked if the deductible had been met. Told him that the insurance "mess" was so complex I could hardy unravel it. He asked me if I had the printout that came with the check. As it turned out, I did. He took it; went to the computer, hit a couple of keys and handed me a revised bill. $28. I was happy. Lots better than $180.

Next stop was the insurance office to make a payment on shop insurance and to deal with changing the beneficiaries on my life insurance. After Buck, it's difficult dealing with my own mortality.

Finally, made it to the shop. Prepared the custom mattress and bumpers (for delivery - appropriate pun, yes) for the very, very old cradle I told you about earlier. Called the customer to let them know it was ready.

Busied myself with redoing the seats of some very old dining room chairs. Needlepoint. Beautiful, but the seats looked as though someone had had a serious meal of beans, if you get my drift. They were really "blown out." Needed completely new webbing, etc. Tack, tack, tack. Staple, staple, staple.

Lady who was supposed to have been here yesterday to look at her finished dining room chairs arrived, with her husband, and was more than pleased with the end result. Yeah!!!!! I did good. Buck was a good teacher.

She contracted for me to upholster the seats, too. Not only that, they're going to bring their dining room table for refinishing. Whoa! Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

Came home in a light rain and had some lunch. Afternoon spent doing research and writing. Had my regular "Friday night" conversation with my mother-in-law in Pennsylvania. What a lady! Can't tell you how much I love her!! She's awesome.

Sadly, before I came inside, I buried the kitten who died. Thankfully, the rain softened the hard ground enough for me to get a spade into it.

At the moment I'm on pins and needles cheering on my youngest brother who is performing in a community theatre opening night of Chicago. I'm not there - he's 50 miles away - but I'm there in spirit. I'll see the performance on September 12th.

Gotta think of dinner. Probably leftover "something." I'm spent.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #450
Master Chef

Saturday
wake up
shower
leftover pizza
ride bike
open shop
coffee
customers
computer
PM's