"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #451
Master Chef

was up at 6:30, gave kitten his meds, scooped the litter box , refill his water bowl with fresh water, refill his food bowl. Fed other cats. Scoop out the other litterboxes, let the dog out, let dog in, fed dog. made coffee, did 2 loads of laundry, drying more laundry. made omelet for breakfast. spend about half hour with kitten in the room where he is confined. plan to cook bratwurst for supper.
watch pbs , america's test kitchen , lidia's and ciao Italia.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #452
Chef Extraordinaire

work all day.

work all night.

are you guys as sick of hearing about me work yet? well, guess how sick i am of being at work. go ahead, guess.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #453
Traveling Welcome Wagon

1. Dream about all the ways I can torture everyone who works at PayPal (or at least the ones who answer the phones).

2. Shower and get dressed (I was up late, if you call 6:00 a.m. late, and since waking up have been dealing with PayPal, but they aren't my pals right now).

3. Send buckytom a PM (I wrote it earlier but one of the PP people we talked to said to exit out of everything, and I didn't remember I had the PM waiting to be sent ).

4. Go out for lunch.

5. Go to an antique shop we saw last night as we were looking for a hotel.

6. Go out for supper.

7. Hang out at the hotel (maybe in the pool, which is right next to our room, checking out DC, lying around like a lump, eating junk--I think I've gained 7,049 pounds on the trip--, etc.).

Barbara
Old 08-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #454
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
go ahead, guess.

um, really tired?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #455
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Late start for me today after being on the phone until 2 a.m. with my youngest brother. Last night was the opening performance of Chicago. He was on an actor's "opening night high." Can't believe we talked for over 2 hours.

Was lazy this morning and did the daily chores in slow motion. I wasn't too hungry so I had a bowl of cereal and juice for breakfast.

Today's mail was more positive than usual. Received a communication from the insurance company notifying me that they'd approved and paid the $13,000+ bill from the airlift company for Buck's transport from here to Nashville. Yeah!!!! Can check that headache off my list.

Also received two coupons for "free" boxes of Cheerios. Max value $5 for each. Works for me. I'm going shopping on Wednesday and a free box of cereal sounds like a plan.

Later in the morning I had an appointment with a potential new shop customer. Got the job. More dining chairs. I'm becoming the queen of chairs. There are so many in the shop now I could start a classroom.

Gonna play it lazy the rest of the day. My sweet tooth has been annoying me so I may make a batch of cake mix cookies. I'll see how motivated I am in a little while. Right now I just want to take a nap.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #456
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
...Today's mail was more positive than usual. Received a communication from the insurance company notifying me that they'd approved and paid the $13,000+ bill from the airlift company for Buck's transport from here to Nashville. Yeah!!!! Can check that headache off my list...
WooHoo! That has to be such a load off of your mind! Prayers are being answered!

Barbara
Old 08-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #457
Chef Extraordinaire

tidy house

wash a load of towels.

DC

and the very best one, take a nap

babe
Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #458
Executive Chef

up early
coffee, grits for me, donuts for dh
watered plants outside
played with pooches
off to walmart
laundry is being done now
fix table tv sits on in bedroom, husband got hairbrained ideas involving me
lunch for him, none for me
iced tea
computer for work schedule
online looking for a baguette recipe that is pure perfection for my gf
rest up before dinner
conjer up our meal
no plans now for weekend getaway
bed early
early day tomorrow
Old 08-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #459
Senior Cook

Up early and off to Frankfort Fest, a wonderful craft fair held every year on Labor Day weekend. I found some lovely things, so I'm a happy lady.
No idea, what to make for dinner.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #460
Chef Extraordinaire

We're having a long windy, rainy day today - perfect for putting up some garden veggies. This morning, I froze four ice-cube trays of chopped basil in water and picked a bunch of Kung Pao peppers, tomatoes and Anaheim peppers this morning before the storm.

DH and I went to the Feed 'n Seed store during a pocket of dry weather and bought a case of canning jars. I'm not going to can, but I have several pounds of tomatoes that will be frozen sauce later this afternoon. I'm also going to make a few more batches of pesto and roast, peel and chop some Anaheim chiles for the freezer. I guess I could leave some of them whole, after roasting and peeling, for stuffing later. If I have time, I might make a batch of chile sauce.