"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #461
Master Chef

Well, I think I'm going to the Dodger game this afternoon. I live close by, right across the park, so I can walk to the stadium.

Then I'm grilling this evening. <<< that's more fun...

Old 09-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #462
Master Chef

work, go home, watch a funny movie {live free or die hard} go to bed and HOPEFULLY, sleep in Sunday!!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #463
Chef Extraordinaire

am simply taking day off. what gets done is only what i want to do. been on the run or on the phone all week.

muscles very sore from my fall at the mall.

babe
Old 09-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #464
Master Chef

Sorting stuff out for a yard sale, not sure when we will have the yard sale. All the stuff is hubby's brother and mother's from when they died. Backbreaking work, not good for my back and spine, since I have a fused disc. If I don't help him, it doesn't get done.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #465
Master Chef

Laundry, swimming with my son, eating a new dish I tried that I thought was aweful. Just plain relaxing.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #466
Executive Chef

woke up early
got on largest transportation ever
can't say more about that ^^
took many gorgeous huge people to a fun place
met a favorite of my kids
came back 'here'
talked to all our kids
talked to dh
{{{{{ds# 1 told me he was taking heart patient best friend out this morning for breakfast, so very much blessed my heart}}}}}
smiling ear to ear
making plans for the man of my dreams and his surprise birthday next week
on phone with rental car agency, convert in islands for the surprise he doesn't know about
met up with a friend in computer room
dinner across the street
bed early because..................
COBL starts tomorrow 6 am
Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #467
Head Chef

I've been missing you, dear friends, but I have had so little time to use the computer. I've been spending alot of time with a dear friend who is having some scary health problems, after doctor visits yesterday and today, it turns out that she has "shingles" - not the best news, but the initial fear was inflammatory breast cancer. In between, I've been busy painting - I have an exciting new opportunity to sell my paintings in a much higher traffic venue (14 airports - seven here in Mexico and seven in the US, plus internet) and for more $$$. But I need to paint larger paintings (I'm working on one now) and get a few finished so we can get started. And it is now the most miserable time of year here - very warm and humid. A friend from Portland, OR, my hometown, is on her way down and will be here tomorrow, so I need to clean house tomorrow! She has rented a place and will stay for at least six months. I'm looking forward to seeing her and spending some time with her as well.

Katie, I am so happy to see how busy you are, and I'm really sorry about your kitty. We lost a dear old kitty friend a few weeks ago (15 years old) and we miss her so much. But it looks like the neighbor's cat is about to have kittens, so I suspect we'll have at least one new furbaby soon.

Sounds like everyone else is also staying busy - babe, I'm glad you're feeling better, but don't overdo it. I'll keep my eye on the board as often as I can and hope to have more time soon....
Old 09-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #468
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
A little late to post, but here goes.

After breakfast and the usual chores, I spent the rest of the daylight hours working on three customer jobs. Finished one, made good progress on the second one and made a dent in the third.

Midway during the afternoon my sister from Dallas called me and we spoke for about 30 minutes. Hadn't talked with her for a while so we had some catching up to do.

Just as I was finishing my customer work, my best friend (since 1954) called with a question on how to do some upholstery job she wanted to tackle on her own. Over the phone it was a bit challenging, but she's on her way.

At the moment, I'm waiting for the breading to set up on my green tomatoes for tonight's dinner. I know it's a little late, but I still haven't established a meal schedule since Buck's been gone.

I'll eat my dinner, spend some time on the computer and then head off to bed with my book. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #469
Master Chef

today I plan to relax , since I overdid it yesterday helping hubby sort out stuff for the yard sale. My lower spine still hurts ( fused discs) . Fed the cats , gave Ginger his medicine, refilled his water and food bowls ( he gets dry and wet food) cleaned his litter box, cleaned other litterboxes.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #470
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Grocery store and relaxation!