What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
talked to the dh, said my flowers that I just bought are all dead.
way too hot at home, so oh gee yeah for me, I get to go buy more when I get outta Dodge aka NYC.
get to airport with dd and her two dk's.
wait for a hundred hours to get on flight to vegas.
ds#1 will pick us up from airport
spend night at his house
and pray I finally sleep, haven't all week on this wedding trip, uff da:wacko:

Today will be occupied by preparing for tomorrow. Buck and will serve as election officials for tomorrow's primary election. The precinct we'll work is essentially in the middle of a cornfield, so we'll have to pack breakfast, lunch and snack stuff. We have to be at the site at 5:30 a.m., which means we'll have to be up at 4. Ugh!

I've already made some cookies to take along, cut the bagels for our breakfast and will have to make our sandwiches a little later this afternoon.

Washed and set my hair so Mother Nature can dry it for me. Already know what dinner will be, so that's already ticked off the list.

I'll have to review the rules and regs we were given at election school on Friday. Gotta make sure we are doing things by the "book" according to Kentucky law.

The rest of the day will be spent writing, writing, writing. Lot of that to get done this week.
Kudos to you and Buck for serving in the election process. People don't realize how much volunteers make the process happen and it's a lot of work!

talked to the dh, said my flowers that I just bought are all dead.
way too hot at home, so oh gee yeah for me, I get to go buy more when I get outta Dodge aka NYC.
get to airport with dd and her two dk's.
wait for a hundred hours to get on flight to vegas.
ds#1 will pick us up from airport
spend night at his house
and pray I finally sleep, haven't all week on this wedding trip, uff da:wacko:
Wow, wow, wow! You have been a very busy girl! I hope you took lots of pictures so you can enjoy them when you finally get back home. (And maybe you can share some of the pics with us - hint, hint.)

I've been up since 7 a.m. Made breakfast for Amanda, took her to school. Woke up Justin to send him to school (a bit late today since he stayed up till 2 a.m. working on a project). Washed dishes, mopped the floors, and finished all the laundry (still need to fold about 4 huge piles...argh!!!), and watered my plants outside. Now I'm off to get ready to take Justin to the endocrinologist, then pick up Amanda from school, fix dinner or....hopefully hubby will take us out to dinner. On top of it, I'm having to deal with a migraine headache that I've had since Saturday. Ugh! It's a head cold with a combination of allergies.

My schedule was, getting up at 7.15, kids and DH had breakfast, while I was packing their snack and preparing their lunch to take to school, they left, I tidied up the kitchen then did my usual morning exercises had breakfast,then had an hour of my course work to read(and understand!) then took a break and called DH, followed by lunch, Dh came home to mow the lawn over lunch time, I left to go grocery shopping, then go pick up the kids at school, back home, gave them a snack, checked my e-mails, helped with homework then dropped of my son to music and then got back and started getting dinner ready. Hubby got home after picking up our son, and now the kids are playing outside before going to bed.

Took one of the kittens to the vet for 9:10 am appt. , dropped kitten off back home , went out again shopping for various items, doing a load of wash, now relaxing.

What are you sewing, Babe?

i am sure u have seen the chair covers that cover the entire dining room chairs. that is what i am making four of. am making out of white muslin to go into my basic, blue and white decor.

after i finish the first one will see if i like the look. if not will just save fabric for a valance in puter room.

babe:ohmy::ohmy:

i am sure u have seen the chair covers that cover the entire dining room chairs. that is what i am making four of. am making out of white muslin to go into my basic, blue and white decor.

after i finish the first one will see if i like the look. if not will just save fabric for a valance in puter room.

Oooooh, I love slipcovers for chairs. I made a couple of sets for my daughter. Since her cats like to lounge in the dining chairs and shed a lot, she keeps the spare set clean and ready to slip on if company comes. I'm sure yours will be gorgeous - white muslin looks so fresh and airy. Maybe you could put a band of blue bias tape or grosgrain ribbon around the skirt to pick up the blue in the room and your new tile.

Are you using a pattern? I could use a set of those my DW's cats are actively trying to destroy my dining room. I have been married less then a year, I am still allowed to call them "her cats". I can usually follow a pattern, perhaps I will break out the sewing machine.

-Josh :pig:hart

Are you using a pattern? I could use a set of those my DW's cats are actively trying to destroy my dining room. I have been married less then a year, I am still allowed to call them "her cats". I can usually follow a pattern, perhaps I will break out the sewing machine.

-Josh :pig:hart

yes i have a pattern McCall's 3217. it has pieces and instructions for six different chair styles. what little i have done is fairly simple. i just have to be in the mood to sew, so it has been slow going. sounds like a plan ie the cats, muslin is very inexpensive and even less if u can get it on sale.

babe:LOL::LOL:

Oooooh, I love slipcovers for chairs. I made a couple of sets for my daughter. Since her cats like to lounge in the dining chairs and shed a lot, she keeps the spare set clean and ready to slip on if company comes. I'm sure yours will be gorgeous - white muslin looks so fresh and airy. Maybe you could put a band of blue bias tape or grosgrain ribbon around the skirt to pick up the blue in the room and your new tile.

that sounds cool. it is important to not over do the blue. curtains are a waverley fabric with blue flowers, the dining room is a blue tole that was here when i moved in.

yes the airy aspect of muslin, as well as cost was a big factor in fabric choice.

wish i know how to do the picture thing , so u could see how it looks. it is always a work in progress. lol

babe

wait for dd to come back so she can get me to airport so I can get home.
miss hubby.
rest of the day? wait for dh to pick me up at bus station and go from there.
dinner? maybe maybe not, we'll see, not hungry and just made dinner for ds and his fiance and dd and her kids.
hopefully, sleep well tonight.

city was working on water lines this am. so now i have to get caught up from that. dishwasher is going and i need to let a load of towels finish rinseing.

maybe work on chair covers. my heart is not in it. might just take a nap.

still hot and really just want to sit and talk to u guys.

babe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lefse, I know what not getting sleep is like so I pray for lots of zzzzzz's for you tonight.

I can't do laundry because the border is sick and the machines are near his bedroom and make too much noise to sleep.

I can't bake because my knee has swollen double again and so I can't stand too long.

There is no point planning a big supper because everyone is sick.

So, my schedule is waiting on my patients and playing on the computer all day so I can keep my leg up!

Life is tough :-p

Food shopping, we usually go on Wed. so hubby can use his 5% off senior card. Also go to the vet to pick up Gracie (cat) who had to stay overnight for an enema, have to wait for the phone call so she can be picked up. I hate leaving my furbabies at the vet for any reason, I miss them even for one night.

Laundry (tons)
Bake
shop
try again to get appointment with surgeon for me
phone DD's doctor's office to make sure they are getting test results
work on sugar flours for August wedding cake
Nap
figure out supper
chat with SIL on MSN

Back
Top Bottom