What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished mopping floors and cleaning 2 toilets ~ I have one more upstairs to go. Relaxing and playing online a bit, then off to shower and go do more grocery shopping at WalMart (seems it's a lot cheaper there). Make dinner, exercise, shower again then eat dinner.

The usual morning chores of feeding the inside and outside kitties...and petting them.

After breakfast, put assorted stuff away and emptied the litter box. Made a bunch of phone calls. Turns out that changing the beneficiary on my life insurance is more complex than I'd imagined.

Sent out the normal Friday newspaper columns and, then, went to the shop to work on a couple of customer projects.

After several hours there pulling staples and tacks, my right hand (carpal tunnel and arthritis) hurt too much to continue so came home and threw some lunch together.

A delivery from a supplier was on the porch when I got home. Now I can finish a customer project that's been hanging fire for a while. I'll be glad to get it off the back burner.

Overcast and gloomy today. Am considering taking a nap. Probably won't because that means I won't sleep tonight.

I'll be talking to Buck's mom on the phone tonight. Our Friday ritual for years. She's 94 and still kickin' butt and takin' names. What a lady! She's the mother I never had.

i get to see my felines saturday. geez, i miss them.:wub:

plus i get to see my Mom & Dad.

finally a little energy and i do mean a little. watered the outside plants, cleaned up the kitchen very well for a change.

went with granddaughter and babies to "big lots" needed cat goodies for thomas. then to fresh and easy for vegs. absolutely wore me out. weaker than i thought.

getting ready to pile in bed and watch t.v.

babe:cool:

Talked with my youngest brother on the phone at about 7:30 this morning. He's one of my best friends. He has a busy schedule today because he's performing in an area production of Chicago. They're in rehearsal right now, so his days begin early and end late. The last performance is September 14. I'll attend the evening performance on September 12. He may be my brother, but he's very good.

Most of the mid part of the day I've been finishing a pink knitted stuffed bunny toy for my other brother's first grandchild, a girl. I've never made this pattern before and it's turning out really great. Really girly!

When I finish with the bunny, which will be in less than an hour, I'll finish restoring a "Curious George" stuffed monkey for a client. I'm almost done and he's looking much healthier.

Just came from downstairs where I had a nibble of lunch and threw some chicken and veggies in my little crock-pot for tonight's dinner.

Will talk to my mother-in-law later. She was out last night.

The only other thing on my agenda is sitting on the porch this evening.

The only other thing on my agenda is sitting on the porch this evening.
then for you, I'll hope for a couple of kitties on your ever loving lap (hugs)

I'm off to Palm Beach with some friends, so once we get there, I'm going to bed.
okay I'll talk to my doll first, gotta get my husband fix...

We had a productive day around the house.
Finished laundry, cut the grass, havested and cleaned the garden, filled in some low spots around the yard with soil and assembled a crib for GF's grand children.

spent most of the day on line and culling folders. was trying to sew but kept breaking open a cut on my forefinger. can't sew with band aid and had "new skin" on it. so quit, didn't want blood on fabric. will try again tomorrow.

going to bed and read and watch reruns on tv.

Just finished mopping floors and cleaning 2 toilets ~ I have one more upstairs to go. Relaxing and playing online a bit, then off to shower and go do more grocery shopping at WalMart (seems it's a lot cheaper there). Make dinner, exercise, shower again then eat dinner.

I save BUCKETS of money buying my canned and dry goods there..... not impressed with the produce tho.... usually a little more than the grocery store and in worse shape.... meat prices are a little better.... mostly on the chicken.
my 2 cents. :ermm:

discusscooking, phone, appointment, waking/napping, waiting fer dinner with jake. & a bath. i'm either brightening my blue hair or returning to my usual black hair.
maybe cooking.
discusscooking possibly around 2 (morning) or so.

ds home overnight
dh gone on boat with kids
restful day, needed it
breakfast with ds
computer stuff
cleaned room
washed dishes
put groceries away
watered everything that was dry and dying
squirted doggies ears with Back Woods Off
bath/hair/sleep

cleaned kitchen
made brown batter bread
made valance for window in small bathroom. had it painted and put in a new floor.
on dc couple times

still need to clean cat box and make dinner. not necessarily at the same time. lol

tonight is "the closer" and saving grace. my two fav.
read my new book.

After morning chores and breakfast, went to the shop and worked about 4 hours. Restoring two oak table chairs that a doggie decided were his source of fiber. I think I can get them back to new.

Cut and fiber covered a mattress for a 100-year-old cradle for a customer. Turning out pretty well. It's one of those jobs that "creates" itself because of the design of the piece of furniture.

Delivered the restored/repaired "Curious George" stuffed toy. Customer was delighted. Said he looked like new. Poor baby, he was missing most of both arms, the bill on his cap was torn pretty badly and his left foot was not in great shape.

Thought I was done for when I had to replace both arms. Wondered how I was going to match the color of George's tee shirt sleeves to the original color of the his shirt.

Light bulb moment! I went to a local printing company that prints tee shirts. Matched the color to one of their sample colors and ordered a child's shirt to cut up to make George's sleeves. Worked/matched perfectly.

He belonged to the customer's son when his son was a child. His son, now 30, is expecting his first child in about 4 weeks. George is to be a special gift for the new baby. Now THAT'S a happy ending.

Came home after the shop and made some lunch. Did paperwork most of the afternoon.

Got a call from the "tomato fairy" and met with him at 6:30 P.m. to pick up another huge box of tomatoes. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?

Sat on the porch for a while after feeding the outside kitties, then decided to sweep most of the walkway from the house to the street, about 200 feet. Enjoyed it and pulled little grass clumps from between the cracks. Looks better and will finish tomorrow.

Talked with my friend to see if her son made it back to Baghdad okay. She said he's still en route. Probably get there tomorrow.

Grilled some chicken for supper and am ready to prop myself up in bed with my James Patterson book.

Last edited:
well working 4 days went well. I may get a 5th shorter day, helping my boss with inventory and ordering. I'm not used to being gone so much anymore!
So, my days off will have to be more jam-packed.
Today I'm going to relax a bit tho.... ease into that.
So.
Make coffee
drink coffee
hang out w/ DH before he goes to bed
clean up after my 4 day absence!
figure out dinner and a grocery list
make dinner
eat dinner
maybe a walk
chill, maybe start crocheting my snowflakes for my christmas cards
Go to sleep
and probably a bunch of DC in all the middles!

went to foot doctor, went to the vet with one of the kittens, went to the computer shop to get hubby's computer which was being fixed. tonight I plan to visit Ginger (kitten) at the animal hospital ( visiting hours after 9 pm)

The boys went back to school today :(

Today is grocery day, which is fun - I always like to see how much I've saved for the week (usually can do at least 60%)

Katie, wish I had a tomato fairy!!!

Back
Top Bottom