"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Executive Chef

What's on your schedule for today?

What we're doing today is driving through Colorada on our way back home. So the last leg of our trip will take us through the entirety of Colorado then into Utah a bit of Arizona and into Las Vegas where I'll get a few baby kisses, then back home to California.

This driving venture has been incredible. The weather, we've managed to beat by one day so far. In other words, we're always, so far, just one day ahead of the scary stuff out there, ie. snow snow snow. The scenery is so lovely, the animals are everywhere. I've never seen so many deer or should I say, white rumps stairing at us from afar or very close. Cows are plentiful as are sheep.

So what are you doing today? Anything fun, anything out of the ordinary, or everything usual, just a typical day...We're both returning home to health oriented apts. His a checkup and probable xrays Friday for a really really sore left shoulder and a cough that won't stop, me for that root canal for Dr. Dimwit on Saturday.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
That sounds like a wonderful drive. I've only done the eastern half of the country, always flew over the western half. Can't wait to do that!

Today I have so much going on I may just short circuit and do nothing. I want to get my house cleaned up, give 2 kids baths (1 down 1 to go) take them to the playground, wash the outsides of my windows, finish my seed starting, get all the laundry put away......

Nothing terribly exciting but boy would I be excited to get it all done before starting on dinner!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

your trip sounds fantastic, lefse! wish i was in the back seat.

enjoy those baby kisses.

a normal day for me today. work, then home for dinner. hopefully, i'll get a little time in the garden to get things started. i'm taking tomorrow off to get the colder weather stuff in (yes, i'm late), and to go to my boy's spring recital.
i had to tie up the bushes in front of our house because we're having the foundation scraped and repainted today, so i'll check on the progress when i get home. my forearms look like i had a fight with a dozen kittens from tying up the english holly bushes.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
coffee on the deck, reading, beach walking, lunch and drinks with friends, sun worshiping, reading, playing on this silly machine, shell finding... :)
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
Executive Chef

just got back from "town" getting a hair cut. Next project is to cut up 65 pounds of Red Norland (15#) and Yukon Gold (50#) potatoes in preparation to plant them soon. But that means firing up the golf cart for its maiden voyage this season, dh says no problem. Then level out the mess I made finally digging out the geriatric asparagus crowns. I am taking charge of 50 new crowns soon, to match the other 50 I have planted over the past two years. Beautiful weather right now!!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Spring Recital BT? That sounds sooooo cute! What will he be doing in it?

Went to ballet this morning. I have been so busy with performances that I haven't been able to go since March. It was great to go to a challenging class.
Home with the kids now while dh goes for a mountain bike ride. I need to go scrub and scrub and scrub the kitchen floors. Dh had to sand the ceiling yesterday and the dust is not coming off the floors.
I'm teaching tonight and then will hopefully have a quiet evening with dh after I get home.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I got everything done, plus some!
Anyone else?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I got everything done, plus some!
Anyone else?
Now you're making me feel like a very lazy person! But you did spur me on to wash my outside windows (on the first floor, anyway). I have the ladder out so I guess I'd better get to it.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, it's not on my schedule anymore, but I closed shop early today and went for a long bike ride with a couple of my buddies, enjoying the sunny weather in the high sixties. First I dropped of a container of the chicken & slippery dumplings soup to my sister at work, for her and my BIL, then my buddies and I met up and grabbed lunch down at an outdoor greasy spoon on Presque Isle Peninsula, Took a cruise around that, then took the lake roads into Ohio to gas up, then meandered southeast to Edinboro, PA (saw a bald eagle on that leg ), grabbed "A" beer, then we split up and I headed home at a not so leisurely pace which was fun.

Now I'm trying to decide what's for dinner.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Well, it's not on my schedule anymore, but I closed shop early today and went for a long bike ride with a couple of my buddies, enjoying the sunny weather in the high sixties. First I dropped of a container of the chicken & slippery dumplings soup to my sister at work, for her and my BIL, then my buddies and I met up and grabbed lunch down at an outdoor greasy spoon on Presque Isle Peninsula, Took a cruise around that, then took the lake roads into Ohio to gas up, then meandered southeast to Edinboro, PA (saw a bald eagle on that leg ), grabbed "A" beer, then we split up and I headed home at a not so leisurely pace which was fun.

Now I'm trying to decide what's for dinner.
OK, I definitely like Pacanis's schedule better than Suzie's!!!!