What's that song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But there was that time last summer, when I drove down from Manhattan, and though I knew I shouldn't, it was just too hard...

Jimmy Webb wrote it, but never recorded it. Two others recorded it, one a very popular 60s recording artist, the other his back-up group, who also became very popular in the late 60s, when they went out on their own. In fact, they recorded several of the first artist's songs on their first album. Yes, it was way back when they made albums, not cassettes or CDs.

Oh, BTW, searching the web isn't fair, and you still haven't come up with the title!

But there was that time last summer, when I drove down from Manhattan, and though I knew I shouldn't, it was just too hard...

Jimmy Webb wrote it, but never recorded it. Two others recorded it, one a very popular 60s recording artist, the other his back-up group, who also became very popular in the late 60s, when they went out on their own. In fact, they recorded several of the first artist's songs on their first album. Yes, it was way back when they made albums, not cassettes or CDs.

Oh, BTW, searching the web isn't fair, and you still haven't come up with the title!

Haven't a clue, my hubby gave me that one. Will teach me not to ask him again!!!! Where do you look it up? Wait, rather don't tell me. I'll get too lazy to think

Haven't a clue, my hubby gave me that one. Will teach me not to ask him again!!!! Where do you look it up? Wait, rather don't tell me. I'll get too lazy to think

Unfortunately this song's lyrics are not available on line at any of the lyrics or ringtone download sites I've tried. Fortunately, I have the original album sitting right here!

...I made my move at Rosecrans Boulevard So, there's the title. You still need to figure out the artist(s)

I'll give you another hint. The orignal artist and his former backup group also recorded Tunesmith and Carpet Man, and both of those are searchable and can be found at several of the lyrics and ringtone download sites when you give up.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I had so much fun. One of my old ladies was humming a song, and her companion (we're talking 79 and 81 here) asked me when I arrived if she would hum it for me. And did I know? I still don't know the same of the song, but what they really wanted to know was if I knew the musical the song was from. After a few bars, I got "Brigadoon". They were so happy.

Unfortunately this song's lyrics are not available on line at any of the lyrics or ringtone download sites I've tried. Fortunately, I have the original album sitting right here!

...I made my move at Rosecrans Boulevard So, there's the title. You still need to figure out the artist(s)

I'll give you another hint. The orignal artist and his former backup group also recorded Tunesmith and Carpet Man, and both of those are searchable and can be found at several of the lyrics and ringtone download sites when you give up.

Gosh, you really had to make me Google it? Must be my punishment for asking someone for 1 song title :p and it was just my hubby!

Atlantic Bridge, there am I forgiven now for "Using my phone a friend lifeline?" lol!

BUZZZZZZ! Time's up. The artist was Johnny Rivers, and his backup group that went out on their own and recorded the same songs were The 5th Dimension!

Back
Top Bottom