"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #101
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Another...

Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell....
Jimmy Rodgers on the Victrola up high...
Mama's dancing, with baby on her shoulder...
The sun is setting, like molasses in the sky....
__________________

__________________
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #102
Executive Chef
 
Sir_Loin_of_Beef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sir Francis Drake Hotel
Posts: 4,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Another...

Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell....
Jimmy Rodgers on the Victrola up high...
Mama's dancing, with baby on her shoulder...
The sun is setting, like molasses in the sky....

Black velvet and that little boy's smile. Black velvet with that slow southern style. A new religion that'll bring you to your knees. Black velvet if you please.

Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
__________________

__________________
Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffett
Sir_Loin_of_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #103
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
Black velvet and that little boy's smile. Black velvet with that slow southern style. A new religion that'll bring you to your knees. Black velvet if you please.

Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
Right again :) Try a South African song...

Lets take the final bow...
Lets make the silent sign...
Nobody needs to know, where we're off to...
We're invisible alive...
__________________
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #104
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Another bu my Daughters favourite artist...

So come and come and blow me away...
Come and be the light of my day...
Girl I wanna ask you stay...
Come blow me away...
__________________
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #105
Head Chef
 
tinlizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Another...

Midnight, one more night without sleepin'...
Watching, till the morning comes peepin'....
______ ____, what's that secret your keepin'....

Green Door? Another line - When I said Joe sent me someone laughed out loud behind the green door...

Speaking of Canadian,

Those old love letters
Well, I just can't keep
'Cause like the gambler says
Read 'em and weep

hint - today is Robbie Robertson's 68th birthday.
__________________
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #106
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Green Door? Another line - When I said Joe sent me someone laughed out loud behind the green door...

Speaking of Canadian,

Those old love letters
Well, I just can't keep
'Cause like the gambler says
Read 'em and weep

hint - today is Robbie Robertson's 68th birthday.
It makes no difference- The Band

Green door is right, what's the artist?
__________________
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #107
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,951
Happy Birthday Robbie!

I would have gotten that one - I grew up with The Band....Princess Fiona, if you are reading this, Niel Diamond played at the infamous "The Last Waltz" concert which bid farewell to The Band.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #108
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Happy Birthday Robbie!

I would have gotten that one - I grew up with The Band....Princess Fiona, if you are reading this, Niel Diamond played at the infamous "The Last Waltz" concert which bid farewell to The Band.
Sorry..lol! I'll try slow down, the power has been out for 6 hours. Making up for lost time :P
__________________
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #109
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,951
No, no, keep going, Snip! I just wasn't online then and I am not the only one playing!

She walks to school with the lunch she packed
Nobody knows what she's holding back
Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday
She hides the bruises with the linen and lace
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #110
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
No, no, keep going, Snip! I just wasn't online then and I am not the only one playing!

She walks to school with the lunch she packed
Nobody knows what she's holding back
Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday
She hides the bruises with the linen and lace
Martina McBride- Concrete angel

And I know you're just joking :)
__________________

__________________
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.